Wummin's Fitba'

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The amount of people raging that women's football gets some attention every couple of years, at a time when there's almost no other meaningful football on, is baffling.

There's also a tremendous irony in SPFL fans saying it shouldn't be covered because the standard isn't very high.

^^^ seething^^^

Having listened to the preview of the England game on radio 5 this morning there is a real delight in the result tonight.

It was full of predictions of the result being 2 or 3 nil in England`s favour and even some shite in one interview that negativity wasn`t allowed as England were definitely going to win. The one pundit who tried to say the Netherlands were decent was pretty much sidelined in any discussion.

Great stuff :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The amount of people raging that women's football gets some attention every couple of years, at a time when there's almost no other meaningful football on, is baffling.

There's also a tremendous irony in SPFL fans saying it shouldn't be covered because the standard isn't very high.

I've never seen anyone in the SPFL flinch when the ball comes their way.

Literally no one begrudged women's football getting attention and no one at all was raging at anything other than the desperately biased hubristic coverage....still invent some pish if it makes you feel happy.

I've never seen anyone in the SPFL flinch when the ball comes their way.

^ never seen Gavin Swankie play.

7 hours ago, dogmc said:

Literally no one begrudged women's football getting attention and no one at all was raging at anything other than the desperately biased hubristic coverage....still invent some pish if it makes you feel happy.

The first page of this thread would suggest otherwise.

You'll always have folk with dinosaur views about stuff like this.

But I'd say (or at least I'd hope) that p&b is quite progressive in its view of women's football.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I don't think anyone could begrudge them the recent, increased exposure.

I love the fact that my four year old girl sees it as a normal thing on TV.

3 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The first page of this thread would suggest otherwise.

What, maybe two posts, three at the most. Why don't you challenge the individual posters? Most people seem to be objecting to the blatant bias.

I've actually been at the tournament and last night I watched back the England - Scotland game. The coverage was utterly cringeworthy. Token Scot Kim Little is expected to join in with all the adulation as we watch the England team stroll to the trophy. Graphics showing the path to the inevitable England-Germany final. Sampson saying they don't need to be at their best to beat France, etc, etc. Boak. 

13 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Having listened to the preview of the England game on radio 5 this morning there is a real delight in the result tonight.

It was full of predictions of the result being 2 or 3 nil in England`s favour and even some shite in one interview that negativity wasn`t allowed as England were definitely going to win. The one pundit who tried to say the Netherlands were decent was pretty much sidelined in any discussion.

Great stuff :thumsup2

I caught a preview on the radio yesterday from a journo that was with the team. It was the English at their nauseating best.The confidence and the presence that feeling gave the girls...OMG, yes, he said girls...was impressive. They knew they were going to win the tournament. It was great to be amongst an England team with such a winning mentality. They'd already beaten Netherlands this year so the semi final was a formality. With Germany out the Final wouldn't be much more difficult no matter who it was against. It really was horrific stuff. Never have I been so glad an England team got well and truly stuffed.

Archived