Anas Sarwar

DeeTillEhDeh

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't get the "last paragraph aside" bit. NotThePars seems to be completely blind to the incompetence that Corbyn shows.

Not really. I've plenty of criticisms of Corbyn. His successful election campaign and great manifesto isn't one of them.

57 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I didn't say it was anything external that was pulling them into the debate. It's a fundamental flaw within the party that has to change if they want to survive.

It's a structural fault though. You can't pull it apart without bringing down the whole edifice.

53 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Not really. I've plenty of criticisms of Corbyn. His successful election campaign and great manifesto isn't one of them.

Aye, thank f**k for Prime Minister Corbyn.... oh, wait.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I am the clever man who deals in absolutes. I don't remember the pre-election or any every single prediction on the formation of the UK parliament post-8th June. 

No, but the British system of government is predicated on absolutes. There are literally no prizes for finishing 2nd. His success in growing the size of his parliamentary party is laudable but strictly limited when put alongside the fact that his message, in the face of utter banality and low level sneering contempt eminating from the Tories, wasn't enough to give him a shot at forming a government.

Just now, renton said:

No, but the British system of government is predicated on absolutes. There are literally no prizes for finishing 2nd. His success in growing the size of his parliamentary party is laudable but strictly limited when put alongside the fact that his message, in the face of utter banality and low level sneering contempt eminating from the Tories, wasn't enough to give him a shot at forming a government.

An almost unprecedented massive swing in favour of Labour in the face of a hostile media, a divided party and a short timeframe would suggest the momentum is with Corbyn. It's really a case of Schrodinger's (or maybe Corbyn's?) Cat until the next election is called. Corbyn is both simultaneously going to win the next election and he's reached his zenith.

There was a billion quid for finishing 5th, no?

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

An almost unprecedented massive swing in favour of Labour in the face of a hostile media, a divided party and a short timeframe would suggest the momentum is with Corbyn. It's really a case of Schrodinger's (or maybe Corbyn's?) Cat until the next election is called. Corbyn is both simultaneously going to win the next election and he's reached his zenith.

It was an almost unprecedented swing because Labour were a mile behind the Tories to start with.

A tiny gain in a small margin wins you an election.  A massive gain in a massive margin leaves you second.

That's probably why the Labour Party are still on an election footing since they're well placed to make up that small margin at the next election. 

6 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

There was a billion quid for finishing 5th, no?

Maybe if the SNP hadn't shitebagged it there would've been double that for 3rd place.

Spoiler

It's low hanging fruit I know. I'm joshing.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15546492.Anas_Sarwar_says_family_business_doesn_t_pay_real_living_wage_because_it_s_only_voluntary/?ref=twtrec

Fresh Scottish Labour leadership row over pay rates at Anas Sarwar's family firm

ANAS Sarwar has ignited a fresh row over his family business, saying it doesn’t pay workers the real living wage promoted by Scottish Labour because it's only voluntary, not mandatory.

Sarwar can't even string a sentence together. He's a genuine simpleton elevated beyond his stature because of his father's wealth.

I'm on the fence about whether he gets the job. I don't think it will be good for Scottish politics but I think it will be a car crash worth watching.

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Sarwar can't even string a sentence together. He's a genuine simpleton elevated beyond his stature because of his father's wealth.

I'm on the fence about whether he gets the job. I don't think it will be good for Scottish politics but I think it will be a car crash worth watching.

I'm on the car crash worth watching side of the fence.