Livingston v Dunfermline

Neil Alexander. He must be about 50. We'll get some shite reason "because he played in a Uefa Cup Final" or something. 

Sean Murdoch is by far the best goalkeeper in the league. He punched a lot and made one slight error against Hearts, but you're going to get that every so often. Literally never seen him be anything but superb since he resigned. Probably the best goalie in the league last season as well. 

Are Byrne and Robinson first on the team-sheet material? 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaun Byrne has been superb for us since signing at the beginning of last season, he strolled League 1 and has started the season off just as well, was a rock against St Mirren.

He sits and breaks up the play superbly, allowing Keaghan Jacobs and Scott Pittman to be more influential in the forward areas.

It's likely we'll line up something along the lines of :-

Alexander, Halkett, Gallagher, Lithgow, Longridge, De Vita/Mullin, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Carrick and Mullen. 

Robinson will be on the bench. 

Might see some signings this week with the potential extra income of the cup run?

Would like to see Smith and others make it to the first team but we really can't rely on them it's not fair but he made a mess of hearts.

Good to see him copying my health diet of haribo and yazoo.

:lol:

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Neil Alexander. He must be about 50. We'll get some shite reason "because he played in a Uefa Cup Final" or something. 

Sean Murdoch is by far the best goalkeeper in the league. He punched a lot and made one slight error against Hearts, but you're going to get that every so often. Literally never seen him be anything but superb since he resigned. Probably the best goalie in the league last season as well. 

Are Byrne and Robinson first on the team-sheet material? 

Are you joking about Murdoch ??

He's been a backup goalie for the majority of his career.

I love whenever Murdoch gets mentioned by a Pars fan as the best keeper in the league, at least one person will lose their mind. Easy pickings.

Will be interesting to see what we do with no Clark or McManus. If Shiels isn't fit either then wee Smith might have to go it alone, which would be a big ask in his second start ever.

Yep Byrne has been excellent, and with Jacobs and Pittman also good at breaking up play and driving forward with the ball we've got a cracking midfield. Alexander hasn't got any weaknesses in his game that I can see, good shot stopper, excellent saving penalties, good at dealing with crosses, and reads the game very well, well chuffed to have signed him this season.

Good to see him copying my health diet of haribo and yazoo.
[emoji38]

Pretty sure a milkshake like yazoo is good for recovery. A lot if big clubs hand them out to boys that have just been subbed off. Same with Haribo, you see marathon runners taking a handful with them.

As for the game, I reckon we'll win 1-3.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep Byrne has been excellent, and with Jacobs and Pittman also good at breaking up play and driving forward with the ball we've got a cracking midfield. Alexander hasn't got any weaknesses in his game that I can see, good shot stopper, excellent saving penalties, good at dealing with crosses, and reads the game very well, well chuffed to have signed him this season.

He still gets horrible flashbacks from the Great War.

Cause he's so fucking old.

Pretty sure a milkshake like yazoo is good for recovery. A lot if big clubs hand them out to boys that have just been subbed off. Same with Haribo, you see marathon runners taking a handful with them.

As for the game, I reckon we'll win 1-3.

I usually have chocolate milkshake just after a run or phys session, Haribo if I'm doing something longer distance.

Byrne was decent for us in League 1, but no more than that, except a couple of standout games (Airdrie away is the main one I can think of).

Will be interesting to see what formation we play and who we start up front.

Looking forward to it and shall be in attendance.

My abiding memory of Neil Alexander is him punching the ball into the back of his own net from a mark millar free kick to give us a last minute 3-2 victory in the league cup. It was an utter howler!
neil2.jpg.2557e4fb159f3ecd9122872f96f579e2.jpg

He has no weakness don't ya know?

Hopefully Dunfermline give us a guard of honour for showing them how to get out of League 1 at the first attempt. It wasn't hard lads.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Byrne was decent for us in League 1, but no more than that, except a couple of standout games (Airdrie away is the main one I can think of).

Will be interesting to see what formation we play and who we start up front.

Looking forward to it and shall be in attendance.

He was more than decent in our League One winning team last season, reckon he was up there with Pittman, Mullen and Buchanan as a PoTY contender.

Hopefully Dunfermline give us a guard of honour for showing them how to get out of League 1 at the first attempt. It wasn't hard lads.

How cute.

Anymore of this patter and you'll be sounding like Falkirk, trying far too hard.

Thought for the vast majority of games he was pretty anonymous and would very rarely have any impact on a game, he did have a couple of really good games.

Archived