• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hav no doubt our lads will do their best.Tactics well we will see.ive noticed players getting a bit frustrated the way we've been playing. We do hav a couple of ball players so I'm hoping we try n play a bit of football

You can't beat a bit of pre-season optimism!

Going by the podcast I'd imagine Rooney will come back in at right-back and probably Rankin for Tapping.  If Carmichael came through Saturday without any ill effects I'd start him but he hasn't had a lot of football of late.

Martin

Rooney Brownlie Fordyce Marshall

Carmichael Jacobs Rankin Stirling

Dykes Dobbie

On 29/07/2017 at 20:09, weeredbook said:

Was just getting calmed down and you mention him .
Has anyone any idea why he gets a game ?
It is baffling .

He adds a bit of height and we're short in numbers can be the only explanation. Unfortunately his ability in the air matches his ability on the ground. If we persevere with him and don't criticise his obvious lack of ability though, he will blossom into a fantastic player as if by magic (according to some of his backers).

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 19:52, citydiehard said:

Easy win for you guys as Dodds is clueless,tactics and formations are shocking.

Must be time consuming going between the Championship forum and the League 1 forum where your team (Alloa) resides?

23 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

You can't beat a bit of pre-season optimism!

Going by the podcast I'd imagine Rooney will come back in at right-back and probably Rankin for Tapping.  If Carmichael came through Saturday without any ill effects I'd start him but he hasn't had a lot of football of late.

Martin

Carmichael Jacobs Rankin Stirling

Dykes Dobbie

Personally i would swap Rankin for Tapping, but otherwise i would go for this line up. Would Lyle be best as sub now or should he still start a game? As for the game i think we could get a win. The Defence is ok and with Dobbie in the team we could grind out a positive result. 

Nothing less than three points will be good enough.
I'd go with:
Martin
Carmichael Jacobs Tapping Stirling
Lyle Dobbie
Wouldn't surprise me if Brechin went 4-2-3-1 so things might be a bit congested in the middle of the park. Hopefully we can push the ball out wide and get at them with Carmichael and Stirling.
My concern is that after our starting XI we have a dearth of options. There's not much we can do if we need to change it up. We badly need to bring in a couple of quality players but then we all know that.

2 minutes ago, john3313 said:

2-0 home win can't see a big crowd with the dumfries show on

Not many coming down fae Brechin for this one either. This summer fitba lark is playing havoc with the social calendar.  What with golf , bowls , weddings all going on just now , folk just can't find the time. 

Will miss this one due to a wedding as will a number of City regulars so don't think there will be much of a travelling support unfortunately. Would have been nice to have a decent crowd down for our first game back in the Championship.

6 hours ago, 'Steve said:

Will miss this one due to a wedding as will a number of City regulars so don't think there will be much of a travelling support unfortunately. Would have been nice to have a decent crowd down for our first game back in the Championship.

Thats a shame one thing no matter how bad we ve been we ve always had our little hardcore .. Still a positive result and hopefully guys will return 

Queens seem a bit nervous about playing us considering we ve been rank rotten in League cup ... Have you been poor ? We ll find our feet sooner or later and one week Isaac ll score a barrowload can t keep missing ( surely) but for sake of team has to pass and gain respect of team mates .. 

Can t see it but id love a win 

I'm travelling down if the wife lets me[emoji12]looking forward to seeing a decent game.aye we've been poor but for me playing in the cup is better than the friendly's we wud hav had.albeit we have been a bit poor.im sure the lads are well up for it so "mon the City "

Didn't realise Bet365 were now doing goalscorers for our level, usually need to use McBookie for that. Looking at those odds they've not got a fucking clue, which is excellent news. Better than even money for Dobbie to score any time? 

Image result for money gif

39 minutes ago, lesterplunkett said:

Why are we Queens fans so desperately needing a striker?

BET 365 seem to think we've got one. Why is Naismith not playing this wonder kid? 

IMG_3132.PNG

An investment has been made before someone at Bet365 Towers realises they've mixed up his odds with Akubuine.

1 hour ago, lesterplunkett said:

Why are we Queens fans so desperately needing a striker?

BET 365 seem to think we've got one. Why is Naismith not playing this wonder kid? 

IMG_3132.PNG

Yep, 19 year old central midfielder with a total of about 3 minutes of competitive first team football under his belt who wasn't even a regular starter for the u20's last season and spent the second half of the season on loan at Dalbeattie Star. Certain scorer.

Yep, 19 year old central midfielder with a total of about 3 minutes of competitive first team football under his belt who wasn't even a regular starter for the u20's last season and spent the second half of the season on loan at Dalbeattie Star. Certain scorer.

Just as certain to the game

Archived