Arbroath v Queens Park

22 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

all said about dc was that he never went see one of his injured players after the game . the main talking point should of been the result today first home game as champions great home win . but its not our player gets injured our assistant manager has to walk round and help him to the changing room ffs. does AFC now mean amateur football club .

To be questioning DCs man management skills is a bit bizarre as i would say that is his strongest point but you appear to know it all.The main talking point is the game as far as i'm concerned.great performance today and if we keep up the level of that performance we should be at the right end of the table come the end of the season.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly an excellent all round performance from Arbroath, should've had more than 2, not a fault in the team. Guys like Kader and Whatley really raising their games now there is fierce competition. Great start

if we contacted QP prior to the game to ask if their physio would attend both sides injuries and they agreed then went back on it then that is quite frankly utterly childish and embarrassing. It's part time football FFS. 

Back to the game.....

Hutton flapped at one in the second half, other than that had very little to do and distribution was good.
Defence were excellent and great work down the right especially first half.
Omar found plenty space and won lots of ball all game, just lacked a killer pass when the opportunity arose.
Yule looked accomplished in the middle of the park.
Doris was Doris, can't imagine many central defenders relishing playing against him. Skinned the queens number 2 who'd just moved more centrally 10 seconds earlier to set up 2nd goal.
Incidentally I didn't think it was a bad tackle on Doris, hard yes but not assault like some seem to think. Highlights may prove me wrong?
The only thing I'll say about physiogate is much like the queens performance it was rather embarrassing.........

After all the great work the club has done in all aspects in the past year, I have to say it does seem a touch embarrassing concerning not having a physio. Whether there was an agreement with QP or not, the club should really have got a replacement in.

A nice 3 points to start the season with debut league goals from Denholm & Yule.

BigLichtie, you just here on the permanent wind up because you seem to be doing a cracking job. All accounts a good result, decent performance, followed by an unfortunate embarrassing situation regarding Doris which you have to stir things up with what DC did or didn't do post match. Could you not just keep that under your hat or with friends & not on here.

Doris was superb, best player on the park, team was set up perfectly, better team on the day won, foul on Doris happened right in front of me and was worth a booking at least, as in not having are own physio, not good

Doris was superb, best player on the park, team was set up perfectly, better team on the day won, foul on Doris happened right in front of me and was worth a booking at least, as in not having are own physio, not good

We both know who's fault it is.

Todd Lumsden

Firstly an excellent all round performance from Arbroath, should've had more than 2, not a fault in the team. Guys like Kader and Whatley really raising their games now there is fierce competition. Great start
if we contacted QP prior to the game to ask if their physio would attend both sides injuries and they agreed then went back on it then that is quite frankly utterly childish and embarrassing. It's part time football FFS. 

I don't believe for a second there was any agreement. Imagine a head clash with two opposing players on the deck and the QP physio has to choose between them. We might be amateur in status but our club and staff set-up is run to professional standards. You might also consider that as an employer AFC have a legal responsibility to ensure that their employees have proper risk assessments and properly trained first aid capability. If the referee reports the incident, as it delayed continuity of play, AFC might well find a chap at the door from the HSE.

Not too much concern from Arbroath fans a couple of years ago when Nicoll went through Sean Rooney and put him out the game for 2 months when he wasn't even on the pitch. But that's football, eh kids. So, get off your moral high horse.

Just now, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I don't believe for a second there was any agreement. Imagine a head clash with two opposing players on the deck and the QP physio has to choose between them. We might be amateur in status but our club and staff set-up is run to professional standards. You might also consider that as an employer AFC have a legal responsibility to ensure that their employees have proper risk assessments and properly trained first aid capability. If the referee reports the incident, as it delayed continuity of play, AFC might well find a chap at the door from the HSE.

How do you know there wasn't an agreeement? 

Dick saying Doris is his favourite on his interview, clearly he is lying and he hates him 

A lot of people now saying that Doris hasn't taken any serious injury either and will be absolutely fine... so it'll be interesting to find out through the week/next Saturday.

We grew into the game after a sluggish start I thought. DC is right in that the players brought in are better than better than those who left. The competition for places bodes well.

I'm not ITK enough to know what the story is with the physio. Common sense dictates we should have had one. Common decency would have seen the QP physio treat the injured player.

Good performance and most comfortable home win in the league that I can remember in the last year. Defence excellent and Doris was superb until injured and could have scored at least two on another day. Denholm should of given Prunty a tap in.
Queens were very physical and didn't offer much creativity to the game. I can't believe that the physio situation wasn't discussed before the game. If queens hadn't agreed I'm sure the doctor would have been on pitch side and from a medical professional point of view not very professional to sit and watch a player go untreated. That said its a lesson learned for the future. Great start to the campaign.

Excellent performance and excellent result. Great to get the season off to a winning start.

When I saw the team sheet I was a little surprised with the selection. Kadir starting with Pongo and Swankie on the bench. But the starting 11 did really well. I can't think of anyone who wasn't a 7/10 minimum today. Hutton wasn't really tested until very late on, so couldn't really give him a rating. The back 4 were solid and didn't seem at all challenged by the QP forwards. Whatley and Yule in the middle were winning most balls and their distribution was good all afternoon. Linn and Kadir were wide and DC kept on at them to stay out there as it was stretching the QP back line, leaving Doris and Denholm working against the back 3. Steve Doris is a beast! He is back to his best and my MoTM for his work rate, persistence and hold up work. He brings other players in to play so well and there is no doubt that the second goal was down to him, battling against the defender and not giving up. Such a shame that his header from Linn's cross hit the post.  Denholm was a close second for the MoTM and he looks like a really good prospect this season. He is fast, skilful and a very intelligent footballer.

i thought that the ref had a good game until the last 10 minutes or so. He wasn't looking when Doris got taken out by that shocking late challenge and then missed or mis-interpreted another couple of bad tackles late on. 

Queens Park were disappointing and were quite dirty at times. How they only got 1 yellow card is astonishing. They kind of fit in with the character of their manager who seemed about to have a thrombo from the first minute! He seemed to be angry about everything and was getting more and more heated as the game went on. How on earth he expects his players to concentrate on their game when he is constantly micro-managing every move they make. Was funny in the first half when he berated the keeper for kicking it long instead of passing and the keeper shouted back "shut your fucking hole". You could see their players looking over at him and the coaching staff all the time to see if they were doing things correctly.

It was understandable for the fans to get annoyed and vocal, when Doris got injured. One of your star players is lying on the pitch injured and no one from the Club is coming to his aid. We now know that it why there was no AFC physio and QP backed out on the agreement to use theirs. It was frustrating to see that happening and made AFC look bad when we didn't know the facts. To be fair in hindsight, none of the Lichties players were waving for the physio to attend to Steve and it was as if they knew the injury wasn't really serious. I hear that the Club doctor examined him as soon as he came off and has judged that it is just bruising, so hopefully he will be ok for Airdrie next week.

so in conclusion, a positive start to the season with some very good performances all across the pitch, so much optimism for the next 9 months. 

Come on Lichties!

Archived