Hamilton Accies ~ Plastic Pitch Kings VS Sheep

Im_Rodger

I like Hamilton away as there is a few decent boozer near the ground. Most of the matches I watch have been dreadful and yesterday was one of those games - once we got the goal we was comfortable but was surprised Hamilton didn't attack us much with about 10 minutes to go.

Think Hamilton look a very poor side and one I think they will go down but they have proved us all wrong in the past. 

Few people mentioned to me they run out of tickets and let a few fans in for nothing! 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knocked out of Europe, but never mind, two midweek cup trips in a row to Scotland's post-industrial heartland to make up for it.

Accies fans are fine, the attendance slating stuff can hardly be against those that did not desert the local team - however sort out/ upgrade that garbage surface and block off the Sainsburys view and the ground may be a little less depressing of a spectacle....

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Milners said:

I like Hamilton away as there is a few decent boozer near the ground. Most of the matches I watch have been dreadful and yesterday was one of those games - once we got the goal we was comfortable but was surprised Hamilton didn't attack us much with about 10 minutes to go.

Think Hamilton look a very poor side and one I think they will go down but they have proved us all wrong in the past. 

Few people mentioned to me they run out of tickets and let a few fans in for nothing! 

Hard to think of anyone in the league that look poorer than Hamilton. Especially having to cope with a 38 game season with a small squad.

Maybe Killie. It wouldn't disappoint me to see them nosedive out of the league.

Watched the full match replay on RedTV. For once, they weren't exaggerating on the commentary - it was a dull game. 

That was the best I have seen from McLean so far this season, which is a positive. Took his goal well, also looked to be covering more ground and to be more authoritative in his play. Lewis, perhaps unsurprisingly, did well - two important saves in the first half and characteristically reliable throughout. I thought Tansey came onto more of a game in the second half. Nobody else particularly stood out to me.

O'Connor was the better of the centre-back pairing, but not as good as he was on Sunday; RedTV commentators were singing the praises of Reynolds at the end, but I thought he looked suspect - caught out on a few occasions, either bailed out by teammates or Accies failed to fully capitalise on his lapses. 

Christie had a weak game by his high standards - nothing came off for him and he spurned a good chance in the first half. Wright was fairly quiet, but did well in the build-up to the goal. Maynard worked hard off the ball, but didn't get any real openings for himself. 

Of the substitutes, Storey looked to have had the most impact. Eager to make an impression and buzzed around for the last 20 or so minutes. He should have had an assist for Stewart, who missed a couple of good chances to kill the game. We didn't really get Mackay-Steven on the ball. 

Thankfully got that bit of luck that has deserted us on our previous couple of trips to NDP, when the goal-bound ball struck the offside Crawford rather than going into our net at 0-0. If we had conceded there, it might have been a different game. 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Knocked out of Europe, but never mind, two midweek cup trips in a row to Scotland's post-industrial heartland to make up for it.

If Aberdeen get through against Motherwell it's likely they will play their entire League Cup campaign within a 17 mile corridor of some of the prettiest scenery Scotland has to offer...or something

Meh, everything about last night was meh. Good away crowd but it was dead quiet. We won without performing to any level of spectacular excitement. And we still have no idea how to play Accies pitch despite having a number of attempts at it.

The few times we played properly last night, pressing high, forcing errors and moving the ball swiftly along the deck, we created the chances that we had. Wright was well marked by Gillespie but he was superb in creating the goal so huge credit to the young lad. Tansey came onto a game second half but there were very few outstanding performances. Miles Storey and Greg Stewart were sharp when they came on. GMS didn't really get going at all either going forward or defensively.

Got through but there was very little to write home about. Main thing is we are into the next round.

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hard to think of anyone in the league that look poorer than Hamilton. Especially having to cope with a 38 game season with a small squad.

Maybe Killie. It wouldn't disappoint me to see them nosedive out of the league.

Funny how people see games differently. I thought Aberdeen were really poor last night and had our decision making been better at crucial times it would have been interesting.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Funny how people see games differently. I thought Aberdeen were really poor last night and had our decision making been better at crucial times it would have been interesting.

You're right. Apologies for the poor wording of my post.

I meant 'poorer' over the length of a season. Accies have some decent young players but I can't see them having the squad over 38 games to avoid relegation.

Your best hope as I said is for Killie to be absolutely rank (quite possible given the way they've started).

Some quality lacking, and definitely light up front, but was impressed with Hamilton's work rate and application. The least you would expect from a team perhaps but all too often you don't see it. I know it's first couple games of the season but they didn't make it easy for us unlike many teams last season.

I don't think Accies are the relegation certs everyone think they are, they may well go down but it'll be tight.

Another point re Hamilton, I know they get slagged to death for having poor crowds but it's the ones who actually turn up that take the abuse! Shame really as they're the ones deserving credit for turning their back on the bigot brothers unlike so many of their neighbours in the town. 

51 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Some quality lacking, and definitely light up front, but was impressed with Hamilton's work rate and application. The least you would expect from a team perhaps but all too often you don't see it. I know it's first couple games of the season but they didn't make it easy for us unlike many teams last season.

I don't think Accies are the relegation certs everyone think they are, they may well go down but it'll be tight.

Another point re Hamilton, I know they get slagged to death for having poor crowds but it's the ones who actually turn up that take the abuse! Shame really as they're the ones deserving credit for turning their back on the bigot brothers unlike so many of their neighbours in the town. 

True, we, the one's who actually support the team, get the abuse for our low crowds. Bizarre.  

Archived