Hamilton Accies ~ Plastic Pitch Kings VS Sheep

Im_Rodger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A refereeing performance that must be seen to be believed. Incredible stuff. Special mention for when Gillespie was bursting towards the box in yards of space at the end and the ref pulled it back to give us a free kick.
Anyway, I thought all in all we were the better team. We actually tried to play passing football for a change. Boyd was superb, and having a decent striker for him to link up with will be the difference between winning games like this and being relegated.
On another note, Sarris must stop punting the ball aimlessly with immediate effect.

Agreed. Thought we were the better side. Boyd was suoerb for the the first half hour of 2nd half.

Just proves we are desparately in need of a striker.

Boyd and Crawford were both great, but I just never thought we'd score. Bingham possesses no threat whatsoever, and our wing-backs aren't energetic enough to break quick enough. Lumping the ball to Boyd was, at first anyway, bizarre but it seemed to work with us winning second balls.
A ball playing centre-back would be nice; Sarris and Tomas are shocking with the ball at their feet, and Woods's kicking was as bad as I've ever seen.
Oh, and a striker or 2/3.

folks who live that close to the weeg and support their local team rather than following the line of least resistance and basking like so many around them should be revered. May you multiply tenfold and see off the glory hunters and bigots in your midst

Agree that Crawford and Boyd were our two best players tonight. Crawford had one of those games where he looked right up for it, and Boyd had the beating of his markers to get himself into shooting range for a pop at goal, but instead opted to pass to a teammate which was the only frustrating thing. He was unlucky not to score in the 1st half when Crawford got in the way of his shot, but I like his direct style. He's a player who's not afraid to take on his man. I actually thought Bingham had a good 1st half but took far to long to get his shot away with that chance in the 2nd half when put through. Woods kicking was awful  and our two centre backs had there moments and the less said about Imrie's deliveries into the box the better.  800 odd for us tonight was pretty poor if I'm being honest, but no point in having a go on here at the one's who actually go to the games,  Until human cloning is invented, then there's fck all we can do about it. Anyway, an impressive turnout from the Dons tonight and best of luck in the next round.

I've got nae problem with the amount of fans. I actually like the stadium, you get a good view from every seat in the ground. I've got no problem with the shithouse tactics, so long as they're properly refereed (they weren't today, but then nothing was properly refereed today, so can't really have many complaints). The pitch fucks me off though. I get why yous have it, but it is so different to grass in the way it plays, it has to give an advantage to the home team. Every time I've been to NDP the Dons haven't been able to deal with the bounce, or dribble properly on it.

I guess Boyd was number 30 for Accies? He looked a good player, and was very unlucky with Ali Crawford's goal line clearance in the first half. Nearly decapitated Joe Lewis too, but the ball was there to be won. Worried for the big man for a moment there, but he got up fine and made a couple of good stops. Woods in goal for Accies had a horrible night of kicking, but made up for one with a stunning stop from Christie in the first half.

I really took to Maynard tonight (not least cus I kept accidentally calling him Neymard). Bust a gut up top closing everything down. Decision making and finishing let him down but I hope that'll come. He's quick and strong, has all the attributes to make it. Needs to start scoring soon. I still don't see it with Storey. Wright was isolated, but his width created space in the middle. When he went off the pitch became congested. Match-winning bit of skill for McLean's goal too.

Satisfied with the match, and Motherwell away in the quarter finals is a familiar draw, very welcome IMO!

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hardly a thing of beauty at the Carpetdome last night, but not unexpected given that the game was always going to be an attritional arm-wrestle from start to finish.

Best thing to be said from a Dons point of view was that we got through and again didn't concede. We've played better on that bumpy concrete quite a few times in the past and lost, so last night should be taken positively despite the scrappy performance.

I've got to presume that Aberdeen's recruiting isn't finished with yet. We're as thin as a teenage model when it comes to strikers and getting a goalscorer in...whether it's Moult or May or AN Other...is an absolute must.

Scott Wright was quiet last night but he's got great potential....Dons fans are looking forward to seeing much more of him and TBH I don't think we need to bring in another wide player when we have Wright, GMS, Stewart and Christie as our creative players.

Not brilliant last night but many more positives than negatives. COYR.

Archived