Hamilton Accies ~ Plastic Pitch Kings VS Sheep

Im_Rodger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god. Dreading this given our record down at New Douglas Park. We always get dragged into a poor performance there. Hamilton get the ball forward quickly and press high in that surface and we either resort to hoofball or are too ponderous on the ball.

The trick is to get the ball moving forward quickly, on the deck, and press the opposition high up the park. The only time we have won there under McInnes was the one time we played the park correctly.

So I'd be looking for a high intensity team in midfield and going forward. Therefore: Lewis; Logan, Arnason, O'Connor, Considine; Shinnie, McLean; Wright, Christie, GMS; Maynard.

A must to play with high intensity and get the three behind the striker fed early, running at Accies. Please dear God not Reynolds and Stockley hoofball because it has not worked there before.

Got the fear about this tie so fully expect a 1-0 loss, Imrie scoring after another outstanding individual performance against us at NDP.

Apparently McInnes might be reluctant to risk Wright on the plastic pitch, although there is certainly a case for him retaining his starting place after the impression he made on Sunday against the same opposition. 

I would prefer to see Arnason and O'Connor starting together at centre-half, as I think they can form our most reliable partnership once they have had enough time to adjust to each other. Having said that, I expect McInnes to replace Arnason with Reynolds. 

I would guess at McInnes' team selection looking something like this: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Tansey, Shinnie; Christie, McLean, Mackay-Steven; Maynard. 

I hope he dodges the temptation to start Stockley, mainly because it gives our defence an excuse to bypass the midfield and resort to long punts. This can blunt the effectiveness of our most creative players. 

I will try to be optimistic and go for a 2-1 Dons win, with Christie and Shinnie on target. 

The trick is to get the ball moving forward quickly, on the deck, and press the opposition high up the park. The only time we have won there under McInnes was the one time we played the park correctly.

We should've won about 6-0 that day. 2 goals disallowed, the 2nd of which was nowhere near offside, Rooney had a shot that was a foot over the line after hitting the bar not given and Logan missed an absolute sitter if I recall correctly. Hard to take the shine off a 3-0 win but Willie Callum did his best.

We should've won about 6-0 that day. 2 goals disallowed, the 2nd of which was nowhere near offside, Rooney had a shot that was a foot over the line after hitting the bar not given and Logan missed an absolute sitter if I recall correctly. Hard to take the shine off a 3-0 win but Willie Callum did his best.

Pretty sure you should've had a penalty, too. We were an utter disgrace that day - it was Canning at his peak.

Deek introducing a bit of needle into the tie at his presser. Turns out Canning is a lying shitebag trying to get couthy Aberdeen chiel Graham Shinnie sent off on Sunday. It could come to blows. I would back the sharper, leaner more agile McInnes against the lumbering carthorse. One lucky haymaker could put DM on his arse though, so it's no foregone conclusion.

Could turn proper mintal.

How hard are the stewards at Hamilton? Cause they are fucking getting it.

Much as it pains me to say this, in fairness to Willie Collum, his linesmen utterly shafted him that day and sold him down the river.

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Apparently McInnes might be reluctant to risk Wright on the plastic pitch, although there is certainly a case for him retaining his starting place after the impression he made on Sunday against the same opposition. 

I would prefer to see Arnason and O'Connor starting together at centre-half, as I think they can form our most reliable partnership once they have had enough time to adjust to each other. Having said that, I expect McInnes to replace Arnason with Reynolds. 

I would guess at McInnes' team selection looking something like this: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Tansey, Shinnie; Christie, McLean, Mackay-Steven; Maynard. 

I hope he dodges the temptation to start Stockley, mainly because it gives our defence an excuse to bypass the midfield and resort to long punts. This can blunt the effectiveness of our most creative players. 

I will try to be optimistic and go for a 2-1 Dons win, with Christie and Shinnie on target. 

You could say Arnason deserves to be dropped after Sunday. 

Maynard must start again.

I don't think Wright will play, expect to see GMS in there. Only other consideration would be Stewart in for Tansey? 

Impulse decision to head along to this one. Knee deep in masters-dissertation shit at the moment so wrote it off, but I'm in town so I'm basically halfway there already. Will be my first look at Derek's new team so excited to see how the new boys play. From what I've heard Maynard played well last week, but missed several chances (that open goal being one). If he's going to get any better he'll have to play, so hope he starts. Storey's probably played his way ahead of Stockley as first choice option off the bench to mix it up. GMS and his silky soccer to wow the Accies on the plastic pitch. 

Third time lucky for me at NDP hopefully. Bad memories of that place...

It's a shame Stockley is off the boil as I think he's a decent enough target man on his day and I think with the narrow pitch Stewart and GMS would get joy playing off him as inside forwards.

Beyond that, I think it's vital if Tansey plays that he holds his position better than he's done so far. I think that's why there's a lack of control at times, as Del referred to after Sunday's game.

I'm pretty excited, I've not actually been to New Douglas Park since they went plastic. I remember being at one game where they redrew the lines on either side of the pitch as part of the pitch was frozen. I then saw multiple players get confused as to which line they were playing too.

Gills for Skondras in a 5-3-2 again, I'd imagine. Wright against Gillespie :lol:

ETA: Docherty got moved to wing-back on Sunday so that could be an option, but I don't know why you'd drop him from the midfield given he was our only good player.

Archived