Forfar v Airdrie

On 2 August 2017 at 16:30, victormeldrew said:

Let's hope St Mirren come up with the 30K and Andy Ryan is transferred before Saturday. I'm already having nightmares about him sprinting past Simon Mensing.

No need to worry Simon and Travis bossed it with relative ease.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good victory and not a bad wee game. Forfar deserved the win but credit to Airdrie, they had their tails up after equalising. 

The team dug in well I thought. Mensing the stand out. Lister done well again. 

Great start to the season. The home games are going to be crucial! 

Just now, Kennboy1978 said:

f**k sake if we can't break down a Going Live! tribute act, it certainly is going to be one long season.

Special mention to your wee No10! Very tenacious, doesn't let his size stop him. A few great wee touches too. Number 3 was the other Airdrie standout imo.

Special mention to your wee No10! Very tenacious, doesn't let his size stop him. A few great wee touches too. Number 3 was the other Airdrie standout imo.

Glad to hear. My worry is if we lose the first few, it will take alot to lift the heads. Would have been great to even get a draw. We didn't, on to next week.

I must be the only one not seeing Lister playing well today?
Except the assist for the goal what did he do?
Lost the aerial battle too many times & missed a couple of great chances!
I want to see more from the main centre forward.

Mensing man of the match today & rightly so, good solid performance from the team today, thought Marc Scott had a great game also.

Good to get a first win, let's kick on from here now!

Light shower early in the second half,

At least I got something right in the pre-match prediction.

Missed a few really good chances today. Thought Airdrie looked quite tidy going forward at times but they look fairly lightweight at the back.

Mensing man of the match today & rightly so, good solid performance from the team today, thought Marc Scott had a great game also.

Must be. Lister was my MOTM.

A thoroughly deserved win for the team today. I thought Ozzy made a real impression, pass marks to the rest of the team too, though Cox was strangely hit and miss, not like him.

Good game and a much needed winning start. All players did well, Marc Scott, Mark Miller and Simon Mensing the standouts. Big Jim Lister was hard working and causing their inexperienced defence a few problems. Wee Coxy a bit off his pace today I felt but the usual skills and determination that we love about him. The new lad Quigley had a good solid start and contributed plenty.

All in all we're looking in reasonable shape, a wee bit short on squad depth but hopefully getting there. Eighth place or above will do but I'm now getting hopeful of mid table.

Not seen a game yet but how is See doing ? Hoping he is settling in and just needs a goal.Looked good at City last season surely not a dud !!

See and Lister worked well together today. He put a good shift in before getting subbed in the second half.

Says it all. You think mensing was MOTM and lister wasn't up to scratch. Get a grip.

On 8/5/2017 at 17:57, Loon From Outta Toon said:

1st game of the season and the usual bollocks churning out.

3 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Well that was a bit of a bummer. Not much of a game, played some decent stuff without really threatening, scored 1 and Forfar scored 2. That's about all that can be said unfortunately.

Thought there were good performances from the trialist/ wee Loudon worked his socks off and deserved his goal. right hand side does not look the part yet with Higgins in front of Stewart/ Conroy missed a real pinch after a very good move/Ryan looked as if his early injury was slowing him down on that surface/ the centre backs had a hard time from Lister and their No 10/ Mc Donald did have a good game/Brown was infuriating as usual and he should have gone off rather than Loudon/ their 2nd was a belter but it could have gone over but that's how it goes when the opposition get time to shoot/ The torrents of rain in the last 20 minutes were a sight to behold. The Ref blew every time they shouted for a foul and the lino at covered side deserved his drooking from the roof!  It was much as I thought it would be and yet again whoever scores first tends to edge it in this division.

Archived