Forfar v Airdrie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I must be the only one not seeing Lister playing well today?
Except the assist for the goal what did he do?
Lost the aerial battle too many times & missed a couple of great chances!
I want to see more from the main centre forward.

Mensing man of the match today & rightly so, good solid performance from the team today, thought Marc Scott had a great game also.

Good to get a first win, let's kick on from here now!

Absolute nonsense on the Lister front. Think you mixed him and See up.

From my point of view Forfar were streets ahead and could have won by far more. We knew this would be a physical encounter and that's what won it for Forfar. They held the ball up far better than us and created far more chances. We had too many guys in the side who were physically lightweight compared to Forfar plus Adam Brown and that about summed up today's result.

Other sides will destroy Forfar this season, we showed today that we could not match up to them in desire and organisation.

Our best player today was undoubtedly the goal keeper which is heartening as we will expect him to play 40 consecutive games.

Says it all. You think mensing was MOTM and lister wasn't up to scratch. Get a grip.

Clearly not the only one thinking that about Mensing considering he was voted MOTM.

Just stating my opinion on Lister, which I'm entitled to
Didn't win enough battles for me & wasted a couple of good opportunities, I'll be the first to praise him if he starts putting away his chances (which is his job as a striker).

3 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

We just lost to a team with Simon Mensing in it.

Just let that set in!

I don't want to remember last season but did we win games with Mensing in the team?. He did play well for them yesterday, hardly losing  an aerial challenge and Travis beside him was as quick as Ryan. Our CB had a more difficult time against Lister but many Forfar fans were having a go at him! I still think our right hand side is all wrong and as for Brown? I know some folk though he was quite effective in first half yesterday, and on his previous form, I would agree but he is annoying!

On 8/6/2017 at 12:38, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Clearly not the only one thinking that about Mensing considering he was voted MOTM.

Just stating my opinion on Lister, which I'm entitled to
Didn't win enough battles for me & wasted a couple of good opportunities, I'll be the first to praise him if he starts putting away his chances (which is his job as a striker).

75th minute long 50y ball up the Right hand side, 60/40 in favour of the Airdrie defender, Lister chases and wins a throw in on the 18y line.....you see being a striker isn't all about scoring goals.

75th minute long 50y ball up the Right hand side, 60/40 in favour of the Airdrie defender, Lister chases and wins a throw in on the 18y line.....you see being a striker isn't all about scoring goals.

I thought he held up the ball very well too and brought the midfield, in an attacking sense, into the game frequently.

Ahhhh so that's why you were happy Josh Peters left? Cause he only scored goals & didn't win any knock ons or won us throw-ins like Lister....[emoji849][emoji849]

Priority as a Striker is to score goals.

Goals win games.

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I don't want to remember last season but did we win games with Mensing in the team?. He did play well for them yesterday, hardly losing  an aerial challenge and Travis beside him was as quick as Ryan. Our CB had a more difficult time against Lister but many Forfar fans were having a go at him! I still think our right hand side is all wrong and as for Brown? I know some folk though he was quite effective in first half yesterday, and on his previous form, I would agree but he is annoying!

He was pretty hopeless overall but he definitely did get better towards the end. I like both centre halfs we have playing now right enough but mensings experience could (would?) of come in useful. Never thought I'd be saying that (and I still think he's pretty shite, needs must I suppose). 

Guest bernardblack

Ahhhh so that's why you were happy Josh Peters left? Cause he only scored goals & didn't win any knock ons or won us throw-ins like Lister....[emoji849][emoji849]

Priority as a Striker is to score goals.

Goals win games.

Lister is severely under rated for his work rate and play off the ball. Goals win games, but I don't care who gets them tbh.

Archived