1st  Peterhead  will win it easy, as they're the best team in the division.

I've got 2nd to 6th (In any order) best of the rest, battle for place-offs

I'll guess:
2 Stirling Albion
3. Clyde
4. Montrose
5. Edinburgh City
6. Stenhoosemuir

-----------------------

Bottom 4 poorest teams for me
7. Elgin
8. Berwick
9. Cowdenbeath
10. Annan Athletic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

1st  Peterhead  will win it easy, as they're the best team in the division.

I've got 2nd to 6th (In any order) best of the rest, battle for place-offs

I'll guess:
2 Stirling Albion
3. Clyde
4. Montrose
5. Edinburgh City
6. Stenhoosemuir

-----------------------

Bottom 4 poorest teams for me
7. Elgin
8. Berwick
9. Cowdenbeath
10. Annan Athletic

How do you work that out? They didn't do too well against Forfar at the end of last season and Forfar were poor at the time.

50 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

How do you work that out? They didn't do too well against Forfar at the end of last season and Forfar were poor at the time.

That was last season. I'm looking at recent form in the Betfred cup. Also Bookies odds.

All the other teams in this league look really poor, can't see many challengers to Peterhead.

29 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

That was last season. I'm looking at recent form in the Betfred cup. Also Bookies odds.

All the other teams in this league look really poor, can't see many challengers to Peterhead.

Cowden were amongst the favourites to win the second division last season (the relegated team(s) are always the bookies favourites) and we all know what happened there. Peterhead were one of the favoured teams for promotion at the start of last season too!

29 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Cowdenbeath had nowhere near the team Peterhead have put together this season. 

I can't understand anyone who doesn't realise they will win the league comfortably.

You can easily get odds of 6/4 (i.e. odds against).  If you're that certain I guess you'll be firing on a sizeable wager...

Peterhead will coast this. Absolutely convinced. They have about half a dozen players who should really be playing two leagues up, never mind one.

No idea about the rest, including stenny. Squads are so small that player fitness will play a big part. Just hope it's fun and we're not worried about that 10th place spot.

Not convinced about Peterhead - saw them a few weeks ago at Dunfermline and the Pars ripped the arse out of them, their defence looked very poor that day. Against a side 2 leagues up I suppose but I thought they would have been better than what they were.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not convinced about Peterhead - saw them a few weeks ago at Dunfermline and the Pars ripped the arse out of them, their defence looked very poor that day. Against a side 2 leagues up I suppose but I thought they would have been better than what they were.

Dunfermline were very good that day and the 5-1 scoreline was convincing but we still managed more shots on target than them, 8 to 7. The difference being 4 of their shots resulted in goals plus an own goal. Since then we have beaten Hearts 2-1 at home and Elgin City 3-0 away. With the team we now have and the way they played in that last 2 games my prediction is that Peterhead will win the league with Stenny and Stirling Albion close behind.

8 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Dunfermline were very good that day and the 5-1 scoreline was convincing but we still managed more shots on target than them, 8 to 7. The difference being 4 of their shots resulted in goals plus an own goal. Since then we have beaten Hearts 2-1 at home and Elgin City 3-0 away. With the team we now have and the way they played in that last 2 games my prediction is that Peterhead will win the league with Stenny and Stirling Albion close behind.

Can't argue with that. We were incredibly lucky. On another day it could've quite easily been 8-5 Peterhead. 

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

If McAllister can keep his head screwed on, they'll do some damage. If not they won't be any better than several other teams.

Still don't think they'll run away with it.

15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

If McAllister can keep his head screwed on, they'll do some damage. If not they won't be any better than several other teams.

Still don't think they'll run away with it.

He got a needless booking for a laughable dive at EE needs to cut that out.

Here we go;

1- Peterhead

2- Stirling Albion

3- Montrose

4- Stenhousemuir

5-  Elgin City

6- Edinburgh City

7- Clyde

8- Annan Athletic

9- Berwick Rangers

10- Cowdenbeath

I would be stunned if I am a million miles away with this. If Peterhead keep everyone fit, and get someone other than McAllistair scoring then they will win it.

I personally can't see much between Stirling, Montrose and Stenny and really, you could put them in any order up there. Dave Mackay, Stewart Petrie and Brown Ferguson have retained and recruited well. If Peterhead do slip up this season then I think the front runner will come from 1 of those 3 and it will probably boil down to who avoids the most injuries on key players.

I think there will be much of a muchness in the middle part of the league. I predict Clyde will suffer, they will start well enough, but someone somewhere (in England maybe) will take a punt on Goodwillie and Clyde will struggle once he leaves.

Sorry Berwick and Cowden fans, but I think it's going to be another long season for you both. Not only will you both play football that's duller than a night out with a Tory, you'll also be battling it out to finish 9th. I'll tip Cowden to finish bottom, purely because Berwick seem to have a bit more depth than Cowden (at this moment in time) and in Lavery, Thomson & Rutherford are always likely to score.

Archived