Smells

Always liked the smell of Swarfega for some reason. Loved it when my dad would come in with greasy hands and bring the tub out from under the sink.

Only just found out it's supposed to be pronounced "swarf-eager" though...I've only ever heard it referred to as "swarf-aygah"  :unsure2:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Always liked the smell of Swarfega for some reason. Loved it when my dad would come in with greasy hands and bring the tub out from under the sink.

Only just found out it's supposed to be pronounced "swarf-eager" though...I've only ever heard it referred to as "swarf-aygah"  :unsure2:

They put grit in it to put off you deviants.

Swarfega !! Do they still make that stuff? (Sorry, I drive a desk these days....)

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Swarfega !! Do they still make that stuff? (Sorry, I drive a desk these days....)

Got a tub in the bedr...kitchen. Some kind of orange peel infused stuff, so it's just not the same  :(

23 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Got a tub in the bedr...kitchen. Some kind of orange peel infused stuff, so it's just not the same  :(

Love walking past a garage smelling all that machine oil n shit.

Worked in an electrical factory for a bit in the late 80's, it put me right of the smell of molten solder which I liked because I like fixing electrical shit.

8 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Love walking past a garage smelling all that machine oil n shit.

Worked in an electrical factory for a bit in the late 80's, it put me right of the smell of molten solder which I liked because I like fixing electrical shit.

Image result for bomb vest

Came to this thread late and they've all been done.

Pipe Smoke - Yes

Baby/Kids head after recent bath - Yes

Freshly laid tar - Yes

Petrol/Two stroke - Yes

Sea air in the morning, usually when it's cool - Yes

That Brewery smell in Edinburgh, again usually in the morning - Yes

Freshly cut grass on a summer morning - Yes

The sweat around your bawbag area - Yes (for some ungodly reason)

Campfire smoke - Yes

Marzipan - No

Cigarette smoke - No

Chippy - No. I am really going off this unhealthy past delight in general. It's right up there with Scottish football in terms of things I seem to do out of habit alone.

Unzipping the tent at about 4:37, going for a piss and seeing the sun coming up.
#camping

If we're doing sounds next, then the unzipping tent sound on a sunny morning is definitely up there.

On 04/08/2017 at 01:52, ThePARadox said:

Pipe Baccy minds me of old East End. Rarely smell it now but occasionally you do and am back in time.

I remember being 6 years old and my Dad walking me through the crowds on Gorgie Road with the smell of pipe tobacco wafting about.  

What's the smell you get in old sheds? Bit hard to describe, but it's when you've got loads of old machinery and the like. Anyway, I'll choose that smell. And if anyone can bottle it up into an eau de cologne, I'd buy it. 

Agree. I loved the smell on the old Glasgow Subway.

14 hours ago, cowden0 said:

My mum making jam - aye
My mum baking shortbread - aye
My mum boiling cabbage- naw
Making pancakes - aye
First drops of rain on the ground after a dry spell.

If only this mum would stop boiling cabbage Oedipus would be happy.

Archived