Moving to Glasgow

Girth

Ah, Glasgow. The place so ruggedly beautiful I'd live there myself if I could stand the climate of the place. Well, maybe I'm just too poetic for my age. Anyway, the cty has some of the best pubs and restaurants this side of the Atlantic, and some of the most interesting people to stay away from. The stories I could tell about the loveable drunk men who tried to befriend my hipster-goatee-decorated face with their fists can make for an Edgar Wright movie.  Still, the country that birthed Sean Connery deserves the right to exist, and so does Glasgow as the essence of it.

Edited by ViktorVic

How the hell do you deal with the gloomy weather up there? I love the people and the city but I almost felt like death due to lack of sunshine.

Is this something you get used to?

Btw, those IRA bars near Celtic Park are absolutely shockingly embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, Girth said:

How the hell do you deal with the gloomy weather up there? I love the people and the city but I almost felt like death due to lack of sunshine.

EDL?

Where are you from originally? I thought you were a Dundee based Dundee fan?

17 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

EDL?

Certainly not! F**k them too.

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where are you from originally? I thought you were a Dundee based Dundee fan?

Originally from Herefordshire. I studied in Dundee back in 08-09.

3 hours ago, Girth said:

Yes. You'll slowly get used to the lack of colour and everything being dark and grey.
It's better to embrace it rather than fight it.

The weather is arguably the biggest downside to the city but you learn to cope.

Absolute LOL at Gunter earlier in the thread suggesting the new flats near Braehead as a great place to live. Braehead is a fucking depressing place full of the utter zombies of Renfrewshire shuffling about throwing their wages at shite. The only places near you are Renfrew (a shite mini Paisley) and Paisley, which is well.. fucking Paisley.

On 9/8/2017 at 12:28, Girth said:

Don't go near them, this works for me.

The weather is arguably the biggest downside to the city but you learn to cope.

Absolute LOL at Gunter earlier in the thread suggesting the new flats near Braehead as a great place to live. Braehead is a fucking depressing place full of the utter zombies of Renfrewshire shuffling about throwing their wages at shite. The only places near you are Renfrew (a shite mini Paisley) and Paisley, which is well.. fucking Paisley.

He also tried pass off Larbert as a fantastic place to live.

He must be right into scabby 70s 4-in-a-block council houses, tanning salons and neds hanging around outside Scotmid shops.