Elgin City vs Cowdenbeath

After one of the most uninteresting pre-seasons in history we didn't exactly set the heather alight in the league cup, although contributing to Craig Lebrun shitting the bed was quite amusing.

I'm looking forward to seeing how our new signings get on in a "real" game and hopefully we'll get off to a reasonable start. My older son's recently fallen in love with football so expect to see some Cowden fans being abused by a 4 year old.

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

After one of the most uninteresting pre-seasons in history we didn't exactly set the heather alight in the league cup, although contributing to Craig Lebrun shitting the bed was quite amusing.

I'm looking forward to seeing how our new signings get on in a "real" game and hopefully we'll get off to a reasonable start. My older son's recently fallen in love with football so expect to see some Cowden fans being abused by a 4 year old.

We got very used to it last season. Yellow Feet comes readily to mind. Hope that your fellow Elgin Fans don't do a Berwick and slag him off. Be gentle with the wee soul. It can be a very long, very hard and very lonely life supporting Elgin.

I felt that Elgin were the better team, but we don't have a goalscorer. Chances were made, but much as I like McLeish's running, he won't score many. Allan- early days for him in  a City shirt and Ferguson wasn't on long enough. Really chuffed at Cooper getting his first ever goal. McGovern was my MotM. Defence was solid enough although they went to sleep to allow Cowdenbeath score at the back post.

Cowdenbeath have nothing to worry about this season with regards to being in the relegation spot.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Happy enough with a point. How did we play?

A draw was a fair result. We should have been a few up early on but Elgin came into the game and had a lot of the possession towards the end of the first half and beginning of the second half. 

Trialist was meh. Positionally poor but had a few good touches early on. Muirhead looked good and was a handful for the Elgin defence. 

Heartening display and result from a team with an average age of 20 with 5 teenagers in the starting line up. Thought Rumsby, Syme and Pyper were excellent at the back - Jamie has been producing some fine displays for us. Fraser Mullen in midfield also showed up well - and the rest of the guys all played their part in a really committed show

23 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Heartening display and result from a team with an average age of 20 with 5 teenagers in the starting line up. Thought Rumsby, Syme and Pyper were excellent at the back - Jamie has been producing some fine displays for us. Fraser Mullen in midfield also showed up well - and the rest of the guys all played their part in a really committed show

Mullen has been a different player this season.The lad from Hibs had a good game as did the other defenders. Was dreading this game after what Elgin did to us at the start of last season. Both teams have attacking problems but Muirhead had a good game without much support.Would have taken a draw before the game but was disappointed at the end that we couldn't sneak another goal.

Cowden could easily have been 3 up after 20. Elgin keeper made a great one handed save and Elgin scored soon after to level.

Elgin had a few gilt edged chances of their own second half so 3 3 would have been fair.

Both teams tired last half hour and overall a draw was fair. Think it was a pen for Cowden late on though.

Overall a great drive through Blairgowrie Braemar Glenshee on the way up and back home at 1958 after a competing performance and optimism for the season ahead.

Cowden could easily have been 3 up after 20. Elgin keeper made a great one handed save and Elgin scored soon after to level.

Elgin had a few gilt edged chances of their own second half so 3 3 would have been fair.

Both teams tired last half hour and overall a draw was fair. Think it was a pen for Cowden late on though.

Overall a great drive through Blairgowrie Braemar Glenshee on the way up and back home at 1958 after a competing performance and optimism for the season ahead.

1958! Aye that sounds about right for Cowdenbeath [emoji6]

Archived