Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

7 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Isn't Barry Bannan highly regarded as one of the best midfielders in the championship? Don't understand why people have such a problem with him

Being absolutely hopeless in all of his recent Scotland appearances is the main reason. He's gone even longer without a good performance than Snodgrass.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Isn't Barry Bannan highly regarded as one of the best midfielders in the championship? Don't understand why people have such a problem with him

Seems to be a pretty solid, reliable Championship midfielder, aye. He's done nothing for Scotland though.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

For the 2010 World Cup, from their squad of 23, Lukas Podolski, Miroslav Klose, Piotr Trochowski, Cacau, Marko Marin and Mario Gomez were all born outside Germany.

They also had Dennis Aogo, Serdar Tasci, Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil and Jerome Boateng in the squad, who are born in Germany but to at least one non-German parent. Clearly Germans don't give a f**k about all their players being completely German, having German accents, etc, so absolutely no reason why a wee diddy nation such as ours should.

In other words, hopefully we can stop feeding this shitey troll.

Lol. Well researched.

Being absolutely hopeless in all of his recent Scotland appearances is the main reason. He's gone even longer without a good performance than Snodgrass.

His last good game for Scotland was the same as Snodgrass's: Malta away. He has great vision and technical ability, but the problem is Strachan has asked him to perform in a defensive role in his last 3 games. He'd be suited to the position Snodgrass played against England. He'll be needed to help unlock what I imagine will be a stubborn Malta and Lithuania defence, and he'll be helped by Griffiths playing in front of him as opposed to Chris Martin.

24 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

Fear the worst. 

We'll no doubt attack them and be suckered on the counter. That surely must be Lithuania's plan. 

This game has 1-0 Lithuania all over it.  In fairness, 0-1 Scotland wouldn't surprise me either.  I'd be nowhere near BTTS in this one.

His last good game for Scotland was the same as Snodgrass's: Malta away. He has great vision and technical ability, but the problem is Strachan has asked him to perform in a defensive role in his last 3 games. He'd be suited to the position Snodgrass played against England. He'll be needed to help unlock what I imagine will be a stubborn Malta and Lithuania defence, and he'll be helped by Griffiths playing in front of him as opposed to Chris Martin.

Pretty much this although I still prefer Armstrong in the no10

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Ah. The tried and tested. 1 3 2 2 1

Are you blind in your left eye?.. oh wait                                                                                Are you blind in your left eye?

Can we not have some sort of consensus on the scotland players as i dont watch english football i have no idea how good the english based players are, i only can judge them on scotland performances,bannon seems to get alot of flack but fraser and phillips dont not seen enough of these players to form an opinion.

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Since when did someone's accent dictate their nationality? Martin's father is Scottish - just because you were brought up somewhere it does not mean you are of that nationality - it clearly is not that easy to define.

It absolutely doesn't.  But some guy called XBL made a bit of a fool of himself some time ago expressing precisely that opinion, and I think Mr Dullard is playing to the same crowd, as it were.

If I am to assume that because I don't approve of the "granny" rule, I am xenophobic, then I despair. I have made it clear that people who want non Scots in the national team are entitled to their opinion, I don't get abusive or insulting because of that. I concede that it wasn't Strachan who started this fashion, but he seems obsessed with it. His record as Scotland manager so far is fail, and about to fail again. I feel he genuinely has something against our leagues for whatever reason.

Isnt a football forum a place where fans are entitled to express an opinion ? I`m certain there are lots of fans who groaned when the current squad was announced, and saw many of the players who have got us into this situation being allowed to continue the job. I don't just include the non Scots either. Players like Snodgrass, Bannan, Fletcher x2, Anya and a few others have had their chances and failed. It appears harder to leave the national squad than to join it.

Archived