Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

When has Strachan wrongly not played Robertson or Tierney?

Robertson actually only started 5 games in the 2016 qualifiers despite being available for all of them. We had Whittaker at left back 3 times, Mulgrew once and Craig Forsyth once. It would have only been four if it wasn't for an injury in the warm-up before Ireland at Parkhead (to Morrison I think?) meaning Mulgrew was moved to midfield and Robertson came in. In this campaign Strachan's finally put his trust in him, but he regularly overlooked him in favour of obviously inferior players in the past for no apparent reason.

Anyway, that was a massively improved performance and it was like watching us in the early days of Strachan again. We've more than likely left ourselves too much to do with the disastrous start we had, but surely now we've seen what can be achieved when we flood the team with pacy players who are playing with confidence we'll have similar line-ups for the rest of the campaign and at least give Slovenia and Slovakia a game.

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Robertson actually only started 5 games in the 2016 qualifiers despite being available for all of them. We had Whittaker at left back 3 times, Mulgrew once and Craig Forsyth once. It would have only been four if it wasn't for an injury in the warm-up before Ireland at Parkhead (to Morrison I think?) meaning Mulgrew was moved to midfield and Robertson came in. In this campaign Strachan's finally put his trust in him, but he regularly overlooked him in favour of obviously inferior players in the past for no apparent reason.

Anyway, that was a massively improved performance and it was like watching us in the early days of Strachan again. We've more than likely left ourselves too much to do with the disastrous start we had, but surely now we've seen what can be achieved when we flood the team with pacy players who are playing with confidence we'll have similar line-ups for the rest of the campaign and at least give Slovenia and Slovakia a game.

Craig Who?

That's a Pointless answer right there.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm buying a ticket online for the first time in years for the Malta game. Getting to the checkout and it's trying to charge me £3 fees for using any card that isn't a Maestro. Is this the £3 booking fee that they've already charged, or an additional £3 therefore making a £20 ticket £26 including £3 booking fee and £3 for using my card, or is the £3 charge for using my card the same charge as the fees, making my ticket £23?

4 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Slovenia at home was a decent performance.

It was.   

Malta away was 5/10 at best (regardless of result when the went down to 10 men)  
Lithuania home 3/10 
Slovakia away 2/10 

------------ More pace added to team. 
England away 6/10 
Slovenia home 8/10 
England home 7/10 
Lithuania away 9/10

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm buying a ticket online for the first time in years for the Malta game. Getting to the checkout and it's trying to charge me £3 fees for using any card that isn't a Maestro. Is this the £3 booking fee that they've already charged, or an additional £3 therefore making a £20 ticket £26 including £3 booking fee and £3 for using my card, or is the £3 charge for using my card the same charge as the fees, making my ticket £23?

Archived