Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You have to give the manager the control to run the team.

Bardsley has clearly pissed him off in some way. Now if he's Ronaldo then your point might be more just.

But he's really not that good. If you're acting the c**t with the manager then you're not going to be picked (especially if you don't really make a big difference).

That's perfectly correct about the manager controlling the team however equally there should be accountability for these decisions. Whilst the focus is on Bardsley here across the whole of Strachans tenure we seem to have had an abnormally high number of bawbags being excluded. Not really quite sure which side of the fence the blame lies but for a small country we really need everyone playing. Ignore the name Bardsley but due to a gaping hole in resources any defender playing at a decent level would make a big difference right now. A corner has been turned and we have put ourselves in with a shout of qualifying so let's hope our glaring lack of options in defence doesn't catch up on us. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's perfectly correct about the manager controlling the team however equally there should be accountability for these decisions. Whilst the focus is on Bardsley here across the whole of Strachans tenure we seem to have had an abnormally high number of bawbags being excluded. Not really quite sure which side of the fence the blame lies but for a small country we really need everyone playing. Ignore the name Bardsley but due to a gaping hole in resources any defender playing at a decent level would make a big difference right now. A corner has been turned and we have put ourselves in with a shout of qualifying so let's hope our glaring lack of options in defence doesn't catch up on us. 

Who else has fallen out with Strachan?

My bad.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fwiw you must be the only boy on the planet that watched that last night and thought 'we really need Bardsley'

Actually I was responding to a post earlier saying we don't have a right back. Last night was perhaps our first decent performance of the campaign apart from Malta. Just keen to see us qualify or get as high up the rankings as possible. 

Actually I was responding to a post earlier saying we don't have a right back. Last night was perhaps our first decent performance of the campaign apart from Malta. Just keen to see us qualify or get as high up the rankings as possible. 

The Malta performance was actually quite a poor one. We got some lucky goals at the right time in that game and for spells - Malta had us on the ropes.

Bardsley hasn't played over 20 games in a season since 2014/15, and even then he barely featured after the February of that campaign. There's a solid point if you want to claim he's not been a regular starter for two and half years. Hardly the record of someone deserving to be mewled over.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Who else has fell out with Strachan?

Adam , McCormack and Rhodes would fall into a similar category of faces not fitting. Pretty sure Burke had a show of dissent at the end of last season. 

Adam , McCormack and Rhodes would fall into a similar category of faces not fitting. Pretty sure Burke had a show of dissent at the end of last season. 

Faces not fitting and falling out is completely different. The 4 you mentioned are desperate to play. Bardsley doesn't give a f**k and said so.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Faces not fitting and falling out is completely different. The 4 you mentioned are desperate to play. Bardsley doesn't give a f**k and said so.

To be fair to Rhodes he just gets his head down and works hard. Remember Adam being frank on talksport and pretty sure there were a few damning newspaper articles where he slated Strachan. McCormack also doesnt hide his opinions on twitter. 

Slovenia at home was a decent performance.

Just now, Blootoon87 said:

Slovenia at home was a decent performance.

First half was a very decent performance and missed a few good chances. Second half was poor and scraped home at very end. Deserved the win but fortunate the way it came about. 

I might be wrong but has McCormack not had this issue with every Scotland manager?

Rhodes just had the wrong set of skills for a team like Scotland.

And I'm pretty sure Burke is still very much in the picture.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I might be wrong but has McCormack not had this issue with every Scotland manager?

Rhodes just had the wrong set of skills for a team like Scotland.

And I'm pretty sure Burke is still very much in the picture.

Don't think McCormack really made headlines until later on in his career and wasn't on the radar with previous managers. During Strachans tenure he became our in form striker, seemed to be well thought of and was sold on for hefty sums of cash. Unfortunately at a time where we needed him he didn't get much game time. Seems to have had a few challenges in recent times and lost the plot.

Archived