St Johnstone v Partick Thistle

RandomGuy.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thistle were much the better team throughout apart from a 15 min spell before halt time, they impressed me. Saints on the other hand - Oh deary me - can't believe i chose to photograph their attack second half - thank God for big lenses

Thistle were much the better team throughout apart from a 15 min spell before halt time, they impressed me. Saints on the other hand - Oh deary me - can't believe i chose to photograph their attack second half - thank God for big lenses

Both teams were equally toothless until the penalty, Thistle took control and scored an absolute worldie before we could find our feet and after that was us over committing and eventually getting caught for the third. The only gulf between the teams was one took their chances and the other didn't.

Both teams were equally toothless until the penalty, Thistle took control and scored an absolute worldie before we could find our feet and after that was us over committing and eventually getting caught for the third. The only gulf between the teams was one took their chances and the other didn't.

I tend to agree with that: thought that once we got the penalty we gradually took control of the game and deserved the victory.
Thought St Johnstone were extremely one dimensional in their approach and seemed unable to adapt their game plan to going one behind.
No doubt if Sainties had scored first we'd have been making the same points today. However, from a Jags perspective it was a great marker to put down after Saturday's debacle in Edinburgh.

Is the draw tonight after the matches? Anyone but Celtic and Aberdeen(if they get through)

Straight after the Dundee Derby.

Thought St Johnstone were extremely one dimensional in their approach and seemed unable to adapt their game plan to going one behind.

Been a problem for years. The only player different to the rest of our attack is O'Halloran who was being double marked as our full backs weren't getting beyond him. We also have Scougall who's capable, but so far hadn't found his role in the team.

Archived