St Johnstone v Partick Thistle

RandomGuy.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute pumping. Wonder how many Thistle would've gotten with a fit Doolan. 

Erskine the best player on the pitch by a country mile. We were shit, but take nothing away from Thistle. Hope you avoid Celtic in the next round. 

1 minute ago, AMMjag said:

Starting to think Trakai weren't the Samba superstars Saints fans made them out to be; more that St Johnstone are a pack of boring, hoofball mercenaries who fold at the slightest sign of any skill.

Utterly humped.

Never heard of a low paid mercenary tbh. 

Second and third goals are brilliantly taken but you'll have to do some convincing to have me believe that was a penalty. The ball went out by the corner flag because the defender pretty blatantly played it. The one not given up the other end on Cummins, by contrast, was an absolute stick on especially in the context of the fouls that had been given in the preceding two minutes, one of which led to Foster's booking.

Osman spent the entire game ripping the piss out of the ref too and was basically allowed just to fire on with it.

Our midfield was poor-Davidson in particular had an awful game-and that was in major part because of how good Thistle are in that area. On the flip side though we created the two best chances of the game and I don't understand how Anderson missed that chance at 1-0.

The penalty changed the game and Thistly played it pretty much perfectly from there on in. We didn't create nearly enough but what we did create was absolutely crystal clear and at least one of them should have been taken. Don't think 3-0 was a particularly fair reflection but fair play to Thistle for managing the game so well from the point they took the lead. Hope they go on a good run from here.

Steven Anderson changed the game. He had a fucking nightmare.

It just doesn't get any more Thistle than that :lol:

I had written tonight's match off. No, scratch that. I had written off the entire month of August!

Delighted for Edwards and Nesbit in particular.

On 07/08/2017 at 15:20, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hopefully we do what we did on Saturday and just put anyone within 40 yards of our goal up in the air. The quinoa and craft gin fuelled protestations from the visiting fans will be a joy to behold.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Second and third goals are brilliantly taken but you'll have to do some convincing to have me believe that was a penalty. The ball went out by the corner flag because the defender pretty blatantly played it. The one not given up the other end on Cummins, by contrast, was an absolute stick on especially in the context of the fouls that had been given in the preceding two minutes, one of which led to Foster's booking.

Osman spent the entire game ripping the piss out of the ref too and was basically allowed just to fire on with it.

Our midfield was poor-Davidson in particular had an awful game-and that was in major part because of how good Thistle are in that area. On the flip side though we created the two best chances of the game and I don't understand how Anderson missed that chance at 1-0.

The penalty changed the game and Thistly played it pretty much perfectly from there on in. We didn't create nearly enough but what we did create was absolutely crystal clear and at least one of them should have been taken. Don't think 3-0 was a particularly fair reflection but fair play to Thistle for managing the game so well from the point they took the lead. Hope they go on a good run from here.

Is Millar not still playing for St J? He usually does well agaisnt us beside Davidson. Injured/suspended/retired?

Probably injured, again. That's why we went with Craig, who misses sitters as he can't use his right foot.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably injured, again. That's why we went with Craig, who misses sitters as he can't use his right foot.

What you need yourself is someone who can play liquid football instead of one-legged hoofball.

Well done Thistle, deserved the win.

Steven Anderson had one of those games he has every so often. Didn't think it was a penalty, but why go sliding in there?  Then misses an absolute sitter at 0-1.

Great second goal.

As soon as I realised it was Cummins through I didn't fancy us to score. Has he ever scored a 1 v 1 for us? To not even hit the target.

Easton was poor, Foster not great.

Referee was honking but we weren't good enough which is why we lost.  We desperately need another option upfront.

Archived