Sportscene Watch 19/20

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

Is there any other league in Europe where all of the media attention is focused so obsessively on one or two clubs regardless of whether anything is actually happening to them at the time, regardless of what else is happening in the same competition? Even the English media aren't that bad.

Stop using England as a comparison.

If this was back in September or even just a month ago 1320Lhichtie might have a point but it's a joke to suggest that a total dead rubber of a top six game with virtually nothing riding on it should feature ahead of the games at the bottom end of the league which significantly more riding on them.

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Stop using England as a comparison.

I'm using them as a comparison because they're the worst culprits around for the media over-hyping and sensationalising their biggest clubs and players, not because they're our big neighbours.

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread.

Premiership top 6 and Premiership bottom 6. The league splits into two mini leagues I’m not sure how you can argue that.

The matches in the top 6 affect each other and do not affect the bottom 6 and likewise the other way about.

And where did I say anyone was forcing me to read the thread?

If this was back in September or even just a month ago 1320Lhichtie might have a point but it's a joke to suggest that a total dead rubber of a top six game with virtually nothing riding on it should feature ahead of the games at the bottom end of the league which significantly more riding on them.

That ‘Lhichtie’ sums up the paranoia around some people. What’s this got to do with Celtic? Embarrassing

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Premiership top 6 and Premiership bottom 6. The league splits into two mini leagues I’m not sure how you can argue that.

I'm not sure how you can argue it either, but you're trying. 

And failing.

The matches in the top 6 affect each other and do not affect the bottom 6 and likewise the other way about.

And?

And where did I say anyone was forcing me to read the thread?

Stop complaining about its content then.

Gather round, folks, it's time for another classic  [mention=14721]1320Lichtie[/mention] meltdown.

Speaking shite so resort to that?

If Motherwell v St Johnstone, a meaningless game, had finished 0-0 on Saturday it would’ve been shown ahead of any of the top 6 games regardless of how entertaining the top 6 games were.

Not a clue what your problem is but it looked like another boring let’s just moan cause it’s the OF type post.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not a clue what your problem is but it looked like another boring let’s just moan cause it’s the OF type post.

If you can show me were I said Celtic 0-0 Kilmarnock was shown third because it featured Celtic, I won't call you a paranoid closet Celtic fan.

Got to be honest I'm with Lichtie here.

It makes sense to group the various 'sub-plots' together such as relegation, race for 2nd etc.  I suppose you can argue the whole top 6/bottom 6 thing and Celtic/Killie aren't involved in any real race but I can see the sense in rounding off the top 6 fixtures before moving onto the bottom 6/relegation.

In any case does it really matter that much?

Unless you are an owl, bat or vampire, Sportscene will likely have passed you by. It shows utter contempt by BBC to football fans with the timing of this show. Even if the presenters were decent, 11.45 on a work/school night excludes most people, unless they are a subscriber to Sky/BT. Very poor show by BBC.

3 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Unless you are an owl, bat or vampire, Sportscene will likely have passed you by. It shows utter contempt by BBC to football fans with the timing of this show. Even if the presenters were decent, 11.45 on a work/school night excludes most people, unless they are a subscriber to Sky/BT. Very poor show by BBC.

You heard of iplayer?

I'm using them as a comparison because they're the worst culprits around for the media over-hyping and sensationalising their biggest clubs and players, not because they're our big neighbours.

They really aren't. The amount of coverage given to lower league English football is massive compared to most European nations. Plenty of countries focus their media attention on a handful of clubs to a greater extent than England.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

They really aren't. The amount of coverage given to lower league English football is massive compared to most European nations. Plenty of countries focus their media attention on a handful of clubs to a greater extent than England.

Which is exactly the point I was making. Even the English media can over-hype their top clubs to an insane degree and still provide decent coverage of the rest.

7 hours ago, nsr said:

The Spanish media focuses almost exclusively on two clubs.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If Motherwell v St Johnstone, a meaningless game, had finished 0-0 on Saturday it would’ve been shown ahead of any of the top 6 games regardless of how entertaining the top 6 games were.

Ands that shite. If one top six game finishes 5-5 and the rest 0-0, and one bottom half game finishes 4-4 and the rest 0-0, why on Earth would you show two meaningless shite highlights ahead of an incredible one?

Considering most people probably watch the late show, its a bit bizarre.

Ands that shite. If one top six game finishes 5-5 and the rest 0-0, and one bottom half game finishes 4-4 and the rest 0-0, why on Earth would you show two meaningless shite highlights ahead of an incredible one?
Considering most people probably watch the late show, its a bit bizarre.

It’s really not difficult, because the league is now split into two. What’s so hard to understand?

With all the platforms you can now watch this show on, it’s available to stream on your iPad, laptop or phone whenever you want it to be. Highlights of each individual game go up on the website every week, you can record television very easily now it’s a very common thing and smart TVs all have the iPlayer built in, I find it incredible that people care about it so much.

Just shows you how much people love to moan.