Ayrshire amateur football

Kaboom

5 hours ago, das scooter boy said:

Haha great TEAM performance from Lees today. Total domination.
If it wasnt for wee Hurlford keeper it was 10 at least HAHAHA

Today Shortlees were very convincing winners and I agree it could have been more but I think that says alot about them. If knapp doesn't play they don't create nor do they score many. The 3 games he didnt play the league table tells me shortlees played 3 won 1 lost 1 drew 1 scoring 8 conceding 8 and the 2 games he has played won 2 scoring 12 conceding 1. Without him Shortlees are very average and IMO they won't be challenging for the league as they rely too much on him and need others to step up.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to echo what some of the others said, great result for craigie, and also dirrans get pumped 7-0 is a shocker going by the score line. With knapp playing it give the boys a lift, he scores and creates and is a great out ball. New farm winning 4-1 at crosshouse, doesn't reflect the game as it was closer than scoreline suggests, they certainly miss Duffy and will be hoping he's back sooner rather than later, also the experience with dean black and shooto no longer there is visible. 

9 hours ago, AyrshireTattie said:

Today Shortlees were very convincing winners and I agree it could have been more but I think that says alot about them. If knapp doesn't play they don't create nor do they score many. The 3 games he didnt play the league table tells me shortlees played 3 won 1 lost 1 drew 1 scoring 8 conceding 8 and the 2 games he has played won 2 scoring 12 conceding 1. Without him Shortlees are very average and IMO they won't be challenging for the league as they rely too much on him and need others to step up.

Moan the lees

Have to echo what some of the others said, great result for craigie, and also dirrans get pumped 7-0 is a shocker going by the score line. With knapp playing it give the boys a lift, he scores and creates and is a great out ball. New farm winning 4-1 at crosshouse, doesn't reflect the game as it was closer than scoreline suggests, they certainly miss Duffy and will be hoping he's back sooner rather than later, also the experience with dean black and shooto no longer there is visible. 

I had the dog out a walk watching the Waverley game and I have to say, new Farm were more than worth the win.

Wasn't much of a game, very stop start and the referee had a nightmare. However if I'm not mistaken Waverley had one shot on target, which resulted in a superb goal. They didn't really trouble a , very slow, new farm defence at all. New Farm didn't really offer much in a passing sense but the speed and which they get the ball from front to back will cause a lot of teams problems. The boy out left, Gareth mcintosh I think, was a class above most on the park although very greedy. I think new farm must have missed 2/3 glaring 1-1 chances in the final 20 mins aswell. New farm well worth their win but if Duffy is playing the return game he could have a field day against that slow defence.

Oh and what has happened to both fitz of Waverley and Cousar of new farm. Fitz looks a shadow of himself and was more interested in screaming in the referees face that playing like he can. And Cousar looks a bomb scare, never tested but flapping at crosses, chasing balls and attackers out his box into the corners when he has 3/4 defenders In and around the box. A great keeper on his day aswell.

Take Mullen out Hurlford and they are really ordinary

12 hours ago, AyrshireTattie said:

Lol knapp is shortlees through and through, aye he makes the team click , him being their gives the other boys something to aim at , a lot of great players in the team . It's bye no means a one man team , every team needs a leader and he is the man . Younger boys in team will learn from him and will be able to dig in when he's not playing , get the winning feeling get momentum and I'm sure shortlees will be able to get results if kier misses games through injury .etc.

18 hours ago, das scooter boy said:

Where is CD1972?
LOL@glenburn score today emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

18 hours ago, CD 1972 said:

Here I'm here scooter boy, congratulations on ur win today as I know who u are, credit where it's due as u took advantage when it presented itself.

Hahahahahahaha brilliant lol

Got to laugh when people say short less are a 1 player team 

Outwith kier they hav best mmidfielder  in Ayrshire with Joe gold  and a winner with Jim Caldwell 

Yes there results without kier are bad but to say they are 1 player team is a joke of a statement 

1 hour ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I had the dog out a walk watching the Waverley game and I have to say, new Farm were more than worth the win.

Wasn't much of a game, very stop start and the referee had a nightmare. However if I'm not mistaken Waverley had one shot on target, which resulted in a superb goal. They didn't really trouble a , very slow, new farm defence at all. New Farm didn't really offer much in a passing sense but the speed and which they get the ball from front to back will cause a lot of teams problems. The boy out left, Gareth mcintosh I think, was a class above most on the park although very greedy. I think new farm must have missed 2/3 glaring 1-1 chances in the final 20 mins aswell. New farm well worth their win but if Duffy is playing the return game he could have a field day against that slow defence.

Oh and what has happened to both fitz of Waverley and Cousar of new farm. Fitz looks a shadow of himself and was more interested in screaming in the referees face that playing like he can. And Cousar looks a bomb scare, never tested but flapping at crosses, chasing balls and attackers out his box into the corners when he has 3/4 defenders In and around the box. A great keeper on his day aswell.

I think If fitzy gets a goal his confidence will be lifted. Macintosh is not a bad player, nothing special in my eyes. Scott Boyd and tivvy did well in the middle, panic set in when Waverley scored and if that had got a 2nd different game. But that's football. Aye Duffy would probably have had a field day out there, going by what I've heard of his injury, could be lucky to play this season. 

52 minutes ago, sunnysider said:

Got to laugh when people say short less are a 1 player team 

Outwith kier they hav best mmidfielder  in Ayrshire with Joe gold  and a winner with Jim Caldwell 

Yes there results without kier are bad but to say they are 1 player team is a joke of a statement 

I saw both games between Hurlford and Shortlees and Keir made a huge difference yeah, but the surface made the biggest difference. Shortlees look brilliant on the astro and mediocre on grass. Hurlford are the exact opposite. 

Went along to the Lees game with interest having watched Hurlford beat them 5-1 recently. Got to say it was night and day. As a previous poster correctly stated the pitch made a massive difference. Shortlees deserved winners. No shame for that young Hurlford team though. 

Lees are vastly improved with Knapp in the side. Who wouldn't be? One man team a little OTT though. Dougie Robertson and Joe Gold to name but 2 are very good players.  But Knapp is a cut above. I do wonder how he'd fare a level or two up. 

Lees were good to watch. Much better than I've seen them recently. 

Great result for Craigie too. They have some good players. I hope they can push on and get promoted. 

2 hours ago, Pmonty3 said:

Went along to the Lees game with interest having watched Hurlford beat them 5-1 recently. Got to say it was night and day. As a previous poster correctly stated the pitch made a massive difference. Shortlees deserved winners. No shame for that young Hurlford team though. 

Lees are vastly improved with Knapp in the side. Who wouldn't be? One man team a little OTT though. Dougie Robertson and Joe Gold to name but 2 are very good players.  But Knapp is a cut above. I do wonder how he'd fare a level or two up. 

Lees were good to watch. Much better than I've seen them recently. 

Great result for Craigie too. They have some good players. I hope they can push on and get promoted. 

Will be interesting too see if Shortlees play at burnpark when they meet in the league again. Something tells me that game will be on astro too regardless off weather and you couldn't blame Shortlees if that proves to be the case. The young team are doing better than I thought they would so far so fair play too them. They'll win more than they'll lose this season and will be up the top half off the league. Shortlees will push Hurlford Thistle all the way if Knapp remains injury and suspension free

Deluded. Knapp is an excellent player but will never win the league with Lees! Gold, Caldwell, WERE great players but are passed their sell by date and will do well locally but the big trophies are a distant memory. Knapp will get p****d off when these guys retire and stop playing leaving Lees in a perilous position. Hurlford will win league by 10 points from Lees and from 3rd - 12th about 12 points difference.

4 minutes ago, THEMOLE91 said:

Deluded. Knapp is an excellent player but will never win the league with Lees! Gold, Caldwell, WERE great players but are passed their sell by date and will do well locally but the big trophies are a distant memory. Knapp will get p****d off when these guys retire and stop playing leaving Lees in a perilous position. Hurlford will win league by 10 points from Lees and from 3rd - 12th about 12 points difference.

Hurl£ord shood b winning league wae money they hav spent and aye they prob will but u r the wan that's deluded if u think they will win a big trophy and a think you'll find the last club tae win a big trophy was the Lees winning the West? Colville park wull take 6 aff yous if u ever meet. Most central teams will do yous anaw. Yous wid kill tae hae the wee man back in yir team and Joe as well 

Archived