Non/Low alcohol beers and lagers

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I stopped I thought about trying alcohol free beer but never went in that direction. These days if I'm out I'll stick the sprite or the equivalent, ginger beer or tea at home.

When I stopped I thought about trying alcohol free beer but never went in that direction. These days if I'm out I'll stick the sprite or the equivalent, ginger beer or tea at home.

Cheers for this

How long ago did you stop and how easy do you find not drinking on nights out?

There were other side effects/implications for RN. Murderous tendencies and the like.

I could experience murderous tendencies the morra morning. Waking up on a Sunday morning sober and remembering everything that has gone on at The Falkirk Stadium today isn't going to be easy. Especially if it's a performance like Tuesday night.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I could experience murderous tendencies the morra morning. Waking up on a Sunday morning sober and remembering everything that has gone on at The Falkirk Stadium today isn't going to be easy. Especially if it's a performance like Tuesday night.

It could be worse, you could be a c**t on a crane.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

1604488_10204483252713373_3587933600540568533_n.jpg?oh=9604ab46bedcc519e8039fcbe819912f&oe=5A25009E

No soco no party

Definitely told this story before, but one of the funniest moments I've seen was waiting for the train to Edinburgh at Falkirk Grahamston station. 

A group of about a dozen lads appear carrying 2 crates of beer - acting lairy and obviously off on a stag do. They fired into the beer with gusto on the platform.

This went on for several minutes until one of the lads noticed that instead of Becks, they had bought and had been drinking the alcohol-free version.

By the look of them, you'd have thought they'd all been inadvertently drinking piss. They were disgusted. Needless to say, all the unopened and unfinished Becks Blue were left abandoned on the platform.

I'd like to think that a gang of wee guys stumbled across the half-finished carryout later and had a similar experience. 

Definitely told this story before, but one of the funniest moments I've seen was waiting for the train to Edinburgh at Falkirk Grahamston station. 
A group of about a dozen lads appear carrying 2 crates of beer - acting lairy and obviously off on a stag do. They fired into the beer with gusto on the platform.
This went on for several minutes until one of the lads noticed that instead of Becks, they had bought and had been drinking the alcohol-free version.
By the look of them, you'd have thought they'd all been inadvertently drinking piss. They were disgusted. Needless to say, all the unopened and unfinished Becks Blue were left abandoned on the platform.
I'd like to think that a gang of wee guys stumbled across the half-finished carryout later and had a similar experience. 

Quality, not the first or last time a group of wee laddies will have made a tit of themselves at Falkirk Grahamston

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Cheers for this

How long ago did you stop and how easy do you find not drinking on nights out?

Been over a year now, but it was kind of a "needs must" as I was having serious issues with it. Never found it a problem on nights out, but then again I don't really go out with mates drinking anyway these days.

Been over a year now, but it was kind of a "needs must" as I was having serious issues with it. Never found it a problem on nights out, but then again I don't really go out with mates drinking anyway these days.

I'm the same with regards to the issues, mines are health related.

Mind you if the second half at The Falkirk Stadium isn't better than the first I could be back on it tonight.

Erdinger is by far the best. It actually tastes like beer. When my wife was pregnant she bought quite a few and I tried most of them and Erdinger was the only one that I thought was nice enough I would considering drinking it over something like coke or Irn Bru.

Surprised by the Becks Blue recommendations, thought it was horrendous. Very metallic.

Remember that non alcohol bar that opened in Stockbridge? 

Yeah, they are turning it into a vegetarian butchers next.

They set it up to prove you can have a good night out without drinking, but it closed at 9pm every night which proves you can't.

Tesco superstores have a bigger choice of the low/0 alcohol stuff than most of the others.
The passable ones are mostly German but the brewdog one is decent enough.

Was in the pub today before the game and had 2 Becks Blue and they actually were okay. They tasted better than what I remembered Becks tasting.

Had a look in Asda and they only had Bavaria but will give Tesco a look.

Apparently drinking nonalcoholic beer is like going down on yer sister. Tastes similar but just isn't right...

Anyway Bitberger, weihestephan and furstenburg do acceptable alocohol free versions.

Archived