Raith v Forfar

I can't fathom the mentality of some people. Criticising the goalkeeper for anything today would be mental, but there were grumbles at times. He's 18, thrust into his senior debut. He handled it all excellently. Even that punch from under the bar was a solid punch - he made a decision and executed it with conviction. Better a strong punch than a poor attempt at a catch. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Be good to see if Lister was hauled down when also clean through....no free kick or a booking for him? Unfortunatley i had a big piller in front of me and was also trying to dodge the pigeon shit and general rubbish left lying around from the last game.....shambles of a place.

Those pesky Brora pigeons and their ways.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I can't fathom the mentality of some people. Criticising the goalkeeper for anything today would be mental, but there were grumbles at times. He's 18, thrust into his senior debut. He handled it all excellently. Even that punch from under the bar was a solid punch - he made a decision and executed it with conviction. Better a strong punch than a poor attempt at a catch. 

I felt he didn't put a foot wrong. He had one dodgy ball which he put out the park, but that's to be expected for any keeper at this level. In fact, some of his distribution to the defenders was good. He also showed confidence on the ball when needed in the first half. 

This. Thought he was put under pressure early on and handled it really well, nothing he could do about the goal but second half he didn't have much to do.

Callachan and Robertson were really good in the middle, looking for the ball, probing and both made great runs beyond the Forfar defence for balls over the top. Any criticism of them is ridiculous.

Good win but please let someone else have a shot at the set-pieces, Lewis. Hitting the front man with identical deliveries over and over again is unforgivable. Barr took a good one on the right in the 2nd half but then Vaughan took the next one and hit the first man again. Barr, McHattie and Robertson could all take turns to mix it up and give defences something to think about.

Having said all that, credit to him for a well-taken goal and great cross for Buchanan.

Be good to see if Lister was hauled down when also clean through....no free kick or a booking for him? Unfortunatley i had a big piller in front of me and was also trying to dodge the pigeon shit and general rubbish left lying around from the last game.....shambles of a place.

He was fouled.

First game for ages and enjoyable in the end.

Loads of old shirts floating around saw some minters with John Grubb and the mercat on them.

Rovers were worth the win all day, i thought callachan was immense he broke things up and dictated the play put a shit ton of through balls for the strikers to run onto as well.

Forfar were really frustrating sat in and were happy to do so their number 5 the tall guy looked very capable and won everything in the air.

Once the 2nd went in in thought there would be a late goal fear because forfar were dead on their feet.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

First game for ages and enjoyable in the end.

Loads of old shirts floating around saw some minters with John Grubb and the mercat on them.

Rovers were worth the win all day, i thought callachan was immense he broke things up and dictated the play put a shit ton of through balls for the strikers to run onto as well.

Forfar were really frustrating sat in and were happy to do so their number 5 the tall guy looked very capable and won everything in the air.

Once the 2nd went in in thought there would be a late goal fear because forfar were dead on their feet.

Had to re-read! :rolleyes:

Bit of a sare yin that, thought we'd hold out. We were playing away well up until the red card then the game is ruined and we have to put up two walls of four. Looking forward to playing sides more on our level now.

I've said it before but Mark Millar really is some signing for us.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Bit of a sare yin that, thought we'd hold out. We were playing away well up until the red card then the game is ruined and we have to put up two walls of four. Looking forward to playing sides more on our level now.

I've said it before but Mark Millar really is some signing for us.

Gonna remind us of how often Brian in the Rovers goal touched the ball (apart from retrieving it from the net) in the 1st half?

We lost the first goal and you took heart. We equalised and then Forfar lost the plot. We couldn't make the advantage count until late on but it was always coming.

Funniest thing was the ridiculous Loons time wasting right up until we scored.

Cox?  Arsehole more like!

Gonna remind us of how often Brian in the Rovers goal touched the ball (apart from retrieving it from the net) in the 1st half?
We lost the first goal and you took heart. We equalised and then Forfar lost the plot. We couldn't make the advantage count until late on but it was always coming.

Must have been watching a different game like![emoji23][emoji23]

Typical fifer, oh aye nothing wrong with Raith wasting time either?

Struggled to beat a part time side who had ten men for about an hour of the game!

Hope Ayr win this league.

Raith are absolutely honking![emoji23][emoji23]

7 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Must have been watching a different game like!emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Struggled to beat a part time side who had ten men for about an hour of the game!

Raith are absolutely honking!emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Village idiot!

Must have been watching a different game like![emoji23][emoji23]

Raith are absolutely honking![emoji23][emoji23]

Good to see you're taking it well

He had to make two saves in the first half. He didn't really have anything to do in the second though.

There was nothing ridiculous about them time-wasting either. If we were as shite a team as them we would have done it in that situation aswell.

11v11 we would have won that easily. In the end it was hard work because Forfar parked the bus. We still broke them down and won the game by a 2 goal cushion.

18 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Must have been watching a different game like!emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Raith are absolutely honking!emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Absolutely, 100% definitely not seething.

Archived