Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

HibeeJibee

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More important results today.

In LL there was a potentially vital goal for Gala to secure a 1-0 derby win over local rival Hawick, while Dalbeattie continued their up tick securing 1pt at Selkirk, with the result that anyone between Stirling Uni in 8th to Vale of Leithen in 15th could count themself nervous for the moment...

Kelty's win bandwagon rolled on with 3-0 win at Heriot-Watt Uni returning themselves to 12pts clear; although LTHV play 2 of their 4 games-in-hand this Monday and Wednesday.

Bonntyon, Lochar and Mid Annandale all won in SOSL - but Heston lost.

8   Stir Univ   P28  W10 D4 L14   34pts
 9   Edusport    P28   W9 D6 L13   33pts,  -2, F45
10   Civil SS    P27   W9 D6 L12   33pts,  -2, F43

11   Edin Univ   P27   W8 D6 L14   30pts,  -8
12   Gala        P28   W8 D6 L14   30pts, -18

13   Whitehill   P24   W9 D1 L14   28pts

14   Dalbeatt.   P26   W6 D8 L12   26pts

==================================================

15   Vale of L.  P25   W7 D2 L16   23pts
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

16   Hawick      P27   W1 D2 L24    5pts

1   Kelty       P20  W20 D0 L0   60pts
--------------------------------------- 
    2   LTHV        P16  W16 D0 L0   48pts

1   Mid Ann’e   P22  W16 D3 L3   51pts
--------------------------------------------
 2   Threave     P20  W16 D1 L3   49pts
Lochar      P20  W14 D3 L3   45pts, +34
 4   St Cuthb.   P23  W14 D3 L6   45pts, +31
Bonnyton    P23  W13 D3 L7   42pts

6   Heston      P22  W13 D1 L8   40pts

....and if yesterday had indeed been the replayed VoL v WW League match as directed by the LL itself,  instead of a cup match, then guess who would have been in 2nd bottom.  That is how much difference that outrageous decision by the SFA could make.

Forgive me, but would WW not then be on 25 points, and VoL on 26 ?

No comment on the decision...   whether it was LL or SFL?

I appreciate the problems on the day and it was very unfortunate, but there was a player on the park that was  not on the team lines.  Everyone in Victoria Park, including players and officials were aware that it was a protest situation, following the much delayed second half, and that knowledge had a bearing on how the remainder of the game was played.  That is the point at issue. It ought to have been replayed ( rather than Vale given the points) and I am disappointed that a club of  WW 's stature took the line they did. The point I am making here about how tight it all is down there, it is a massive decision.  I cannot help but think this would not have happened to a Spartans or an East Stirling.

48 minutes ago, stanton4 said:

I appreciate the problems on the day and it was very unfortunate, but there was a player on the park that was  not on the team lines.  Everyone in Victoria Park, including players and officials were aware that it was a protest situation, following the much delayed second half, and that knowledge had a bearing on how the remainder of the game was played.  That is the point at issue. It ought to have been replayed ( rather than Vale given the points) and I am disappointed that a club of  WW 's stature took the line they did. The point I am making here about how tight it all is down there, it is a massive decision.  I cannot help but think this would not have happened to a Spartans or an East Stirling.

Yes you are correct Vale would be above ww then again if yer aunty had balls etc....... 

If ye were that desperate at the time to get the game replayed, and were that confident why did you even come oot for the 2nd half  ? 

The statements have been made and a club I used to respect shouldn't have gone greetin to the papers. 

It's not a massive decision,  the fact is if yous were higher up the league yous would nae even bother yer arse. 

I'm still not convinced 2nd bottom is going down anyway, it'll take a huge effort for the HFL champions to win 4 games in such a short space of time. Same for the LL champions  but City managed it I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yes you are correct Vale would be above ww then again if yer aunty had balls etc....... 

If ye were that desperate at the time to get the game replayed, and were that confident why did you even come oot for the 2nd half  ? 

The statements have been made and a club I used to respect shouldn't have gone greetin to the papers. 

It's not a massive decision,  the fact is if yous were higher up the league yous would nae even bother yer arse. 

I'm still not convinced 2nd bottom is going down anyway, it'll take a huge effort for the HFL champions to win 4 games in such a short space of time. Same for the LL champions  but City managed it I suppose. 

Well said Newky.  

2 hours ago, stanton4 said:

Massive difference between playing an ineligible player and just screwing up the teamsheet. 

WW took the line they did because LL didn't follow procedure. If they had conducted it properly, a fine would probably have been the result, just like the final decision you describe as 'outrageous'.

You could argue that a club of Vale's stature, knowing the circumstances on the day, only protested out of desperation.

4 hours ago, stanton4 said:

What exactly in the process is it that's upsetting you so much about whitehill...They put there hands up to an administration error then followed the appeal procedure that is open to all clubs...If you think an administration error should be the crucial factor in the vales season it clearly speaks volumes.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Bobby Cragie's piece says it all. It's very fair of Rab to post it.  

Is this  not exactly what I said ?  I think I am due an apology from you lot .  ( I cannot see your derogatory posts now ??)

The 2nd half was a farce, and the delay was a lot longer than 5 minutes.  There was no malice on the part of VoL,  ( at least not until now ) it was simply assumed by all that it was a replay as a minimum, and the result of the appeal is such a blow that the reaction is understadable.  We really never saw this coming.

Of course it was an admin error, but these things always are,  it must be rare for it to be deliberate.  The sanctions are rarely so lenient.  IMO, WW should have just taken it on the chin.  Of course if  WW had been higher up the league they might not have been so worried .....etc etc etc

( PS  just a thought... can I player who shouldnt have been on the park in the first place be substituted ? Should WW not have been playing with 10 men once  it was discovered by the ref ? )

26 minutes ago, stanton4 said:

Is this  not exactly what I said ?  I think I am due an apology from you lot .  ( I cannot see your derogatory posts now ??)

The 2nd half was a farce, and the delay was a lot longer than 5 minutes.  There was no malice on the part of VoL,  ( at least not until now ) it was simply assumed by all that it was a replay as a minimum, and the result of the appeal is such a blow that the reaction is understadable.  We really never saw this coming.

Of course it was an admin error, but these things always are,  it must be rare for it to be deliberate.  The sanctions are rarely so lenient.  IMO, WW should have just taken it on the chin.  Of course if  WW had been higher up the league they might not have been so worried .....etc etc etc

( PS  just a thought... can I player who shouldnt have been on the park in the first place be substituted ? Should WW not have been playing with 10 men once  it was discovered by the ref ? )

Not sure what derogatory posts your wanting an apology for. Next thing this 5 minute delay will be half an hour yous should have said at the time you were too put off to play the 2nd half :lol: 

At least we’ve moved on from WW being accused of fielding illegible players (plural). 

2 minutes ago, stanton4 said:

the 2 comments that said I couldn't count were particularly cutting ...... I dunno what Broonie and Mantis have done with them

They really are a pair of animals :lol: 

2 minutes ago, stanton4 said:

the 2 comments that said I couldn't count were particularly cutting ...... I dunno what Broonie and Mantis have done with them

Not guilty stanton4. Never even saw the comments. According to our secretary who wasn’t there (or it would never have happened) there was no need to remove the number 6 but in an effort to help we took him off anyway.

1 hour ago, stanton4 said:

It doesn’t say it all though. It’s only one side of the story, and you won’t be getting the other side (especially  a lot which happened at the Hampden appeal) as our secretary adheres strictly to SFA guidelines and will not discuss club affairs on social media, which Bobby needs to remember as the SFA pick up these things.

I took my post doon cause you rightly stated ww would be 2nd bottom if we lost the 3 points! 

I miscalculated ww being deducted  3 points wi YOUR theory so my post was me being a thicko! 

There wasn't any derogatory in my post  at all.

I then posted YOU were correct but if your aunty had balls etc..... 

As for yer man Craigie s post, who is he anyway ? 

1) small team being penalised ffs ww are one of the smallest teams in the LL now punching above their weight. It's a long long time since the EoSFL glory days. 

2) it would appear yer man is having a go at the incompetence of the  referee here yet ww are in the wrong? 

3) since when did hitting the bar become a major factor of a fitba match, its goals that count? Notice ye didn't mention the ww chances either? 

4) I quoted grudge match (only on here by the way) because there is no mention either in the post of the 10 man brawl doon by the corner flag towards the end off the game which resulted in a ww red card despite the home sides over the top tackles going unnoticed. Yer management team and subs bench were more intent on getting involved wi what the sidelines were saying so aye maybe ye should ask yer management if they have a problem with all things ww. I found it all  quite funny myself actually. 

5) I have never once  said I want the Vale relegated. I have always stated its gonnae be a tall order for the HFL winners to win a play off with all those games in such a short space of time! 

6) ffs if ye are getting offended wi petty wee posts on this thread  I don't think you should read some of the other forums on here. 

7) So if yer team was that confident of a replay why play the 2nd half like I posted before! 

Get a grip folks ffs!! 

53 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I took my post doon cause you rightly stated ww would be 2nd bottom if we lost the 3 points! 

I miscalculated ww being deducted  3 points wi YOUR theory so my post was me being a thicko! 

There wasn't any derogatory in my post  at all.

I then posted YOU were correct but if your aunty had balls etc..... 

As for yer man Craigie s post, who is he anyway ? 

1) small team being penalised ffs ww are one of the smallest teams in the LL now punching above their weight. It's a long long time since the EoSFL glory days. 

2) it would appear yer man is having a go at the incompetence of the  referee here yet ww are in the wrong? 

3) since when did hitting the bar become a major factor of a fitba match, its goals that count? Notice ye didn't mention the ww chances either? 

4) I quoted grudge match (only on here by the way) because there is no mention either in the post of the 10 man brawl doon by the corner flag towards the end off the game which resulted in a ww red card despite the home sides over the top tackles going unnoticed. Yer management team and subs bench were more intent on getting involved wi what the sidelines were saying so aye maybe ye should ask yer management if they have a problem with all things ww. I found it all  quite funny myself actually. 

5) I have never once  said I want the Vale relegated. I have always stated its gonnae be a tall order for the HFL winners to win a play off with all those games in such a short space of time! 

6) ffs if ye are getting offended wi petty wee posts on this thread  I don't think you should read some of the other forums on here. 

7) So if yer team was that confident of a replay why play the 2nd half like I posted before! 

Get a grip folks ffs!! 

I clearly havent mastered humour in writing yet...just trying to get my own back for being called a diddy.   Jeezo you boys are awfy defensive, if it was the other way round you would be saying all the same things and probably claiming  all 3 points !!!!

I think Bobby's point is that the half time carry on changed the mindset of everyone there, we all thought the game was a bogey....and so did the ref but I wouldn't  criticise him. It was a very odd situation, he went to book your lad only to find he didn't exist...he tried to phone LL/SFL but didnt get anywhere, and the spectators were entitled to watch a game , so we all played on with the promise of sorting it out afterwards.  We obviously left with different ideas of what sorting it out meant.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

It doesn’t say it all though. It’s only one side of the story, and you won’t be getting the other side (especially  a lot which happened at the Hampden appeal) as our secretary adheres strictly to SFA guidelines and will not discuss club affairs on social media, which Bobby needs to remember as the SFA pick up these things.

but you would be able to tell us .....................I think those who paid good money to watch the game are  entitled to an explanation and indeed a summary of the respective points made by either side.  Surely there is nothing to hide.

27 minutes ago, stanton4 said:

I clearly havent mastered humour in writing yet...just trying to get my own back for being called a diddy.   Jeezo you boys are awfy defensive, if it was the other way round you would be saying all the same things and probably claiming  all 3 points !!!!

I think Bobby's point is that the half time carry on changed the mindset of everyone there, we all thought the game was a bogey....and so did the ref but I wouldn't  criticise him. It was a very odd situation, he went to book your lad only to find he didn't exist...he tried to phone LL/SFL but didnt get anywhere, and the spectators were entitled to watch a game , so we all played on with the promise of sorting it out afterwards.  We obviously left with different ideas of what sorting it out meant.

No I don’t think we would. You lost the game just get over it. 

9 minutes ago, stanton4 said:

but you would be able to tell us .....................I think those who paid good money to watch the game are  entitled to an explanation and indeed a summary of the respective points made by either side.  Surely there is nothing to hide.

Just tell them to read the Border Telegraph ... 

Admin error. £50 fine. Move on. 

4 hours ago, stanton4 said:

You think a game where the starting 11 is exactly what it should be and the subs were exactly as they should be,but a background official made a mistake should be awarded to you after you were beat...I would give you due respect if it was a case of suspended player or a cup . tied player being.the issue then yes there is a case for the result being void...but a mix up in players names...grow some baws Yeh 

Archived