Dundee United v Dumbarton

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Team - Gallacher, Smith, McLaughlin, Carswell, Walsh, Wardrop, Hutton, Hill, Morrison, Froxylias, Barr.

Not convinced with that selection, would have thought it would have sussed out by now, how long will it take to ditch Hutton.

Stevie has an absolute pinger for Hutton and for some bizarre reason is completely blind to the fact that him and Carswell is utterly woeful combo.

Our main out ball in Nade dropped and the lightening quick, ideal for counter attacking, Roy also dropped.

Baffling.

2 minutes ago, albundy said:

Team - Gallacher, Smith, McLaughlin, Carswell, Walsh, Wardrop, Hutton, Hill, Morrison, Froxylias, Barr.

Not convinced with that selection, would have thought it would have sussed out by now, how long will it take to ditch Hutton.

No Nade or Roy.

Nade is a smart operator who should be able to give opponents a tough time. He isnt an out and out goal scorer and is often left to plug away on his own but its a role he knows how to play. Morrison may well be able to do the same but it's a tough game to throw him into. With Roy it's explosive pace. Even if he doesnt always deliver a good cross or get a good shot off, his pace forces teams to think about how they'll defend.

It'll certainly be a different Sons side than we've seen so far. Davie Smith will also be under scrutiny on the right wing as many (including me) reckon that his performances at right back were far better than his performances further forward last season.

Playing with Carswell and Hutton together is like playing with two goalkeepers or two right-backs. They try and do the same job, get in each other's way and then have to try and do things (in this case go beyond the halfway line) that they aren't comfortable with.

Given Hutton was a bit of a panic signing when we had about 12 players I can't understand why we persevere with him. Especially after Div Wilson made a big impact last week when he came on.

Less said about David Smith over Roy, or even Johnston, the better.

The CAMAAN guy has spent the entire half laughing and making comments about a disabled Yinited fan sat behind us. Irony meter is in overload.

Anyway, whisper it, but we've looked good. Fully expect United to change things about a lot though after that first half.

On another note, I didn't realise how good the view was from this stand behind the goal if you sat a wee bit further up. It's smashing. Tannadice as a whole actually is just a ground I'm a big fan of.

The CAMAAN guy has spent the entire half laughing and making comments about a disabled Yinited fan sat behind us. Irony meter is in overload.

Anyway, whisper it, but we've looked good. Fully expect United to change things about a lot though after that first half.

On another note, I didn't realise how good the view was from this stand behind the goal if you sat a wee bit further up. It's smashing. Tannadice as a whole actually is just a ground I'm a big fan of.

Good news for you is that you'll get another couple of visits next year too.

Archived