Dundee United v Dumbarton

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the pitch looked a bit long today. The wind was a nightmare too.

Pleased with a draw, and delighted with the performance - it was almost last season-esque. It's a bit frustrating not to get the win, but as soon as Keatings came on I knew he'd score.

Strong performance from Scott Gallacher today. Should do his confidence a world of good.

Fair play to Dumbarton. Similar to Brechin a few weeks ago, played well in the first half and defended well in the second (with a couple of decent counter attacks).

We were awful, I think we all knew what kind of performance to expect today and McKinnon didn't disappoint. Could be a turning point for him today, more and more fans (myself included) now being more vocal against him and his tactics.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Strong performance from Scott Gallacher today. Should do his confidence a world of good.

If he wasn't standing behind his wall he'd have saved Keatings free kick, IMO. He played well but when he has time to make decisions it's dangerous.

We played well overall, Hill and Barr dealt with pretty much everything and we were quite positive when we had the ball, although we could've used it better at times. Morrison looks useful but I'm not convinced he's lone striker material. I'm really disappointed with the free kick for United's goal, we didn't need to lunge in to give it away in the first place and Gallacher needs to make Keatings put it up and over the wall at that range. He left too much to his side and couldn't see the ball so it was past him before he could react. Would've taken a point before the game but feels a bit like 2 points lost, strangely. 

Still feeling better about our squad than I thought I would. Froxylias is a tidy wee player and if we can get the combination round him right then we might be onto something. Long way to go though and 3 points next week is a must.

Fair play to Dumbarton. Similar to Brechin a few weeks ago, played well in the first half and defended well in the second (with a couple of decent counter attacks).

We were awful, I think we all knew what kind of performance to expect today and McKinnon didn't disappoint. Could be a turning point for him today, more and more fans (myself included) now being more vocal against him and his tactics.

Yeah, that's starting to become a problem for him, he is rapidly losing the support. We were lucky to get the draw. The first half was possibly the most pathetic 45 minutes I can recall from a Dundee United team, which is quite the statement. As good as the Keatings free kick was, I do think the keeper's positioning wasn't the best.

Yeah, that's starting to become a problem for him, he is rapidly losing the support. We were lucky to get the draw. The first half was possibly the most pathetic 45 minutes I can recall from a Dundee United team, which is quite the statement. As good as the Keatings free kick was, I do think the keeper's positioning wasn't the best.

The worst part was that he actually hit it at the side the keeper was standing at. He positioned himself directly behind the wall which meant he couldn't see a thing.

Today should confirm Barr and Hill as the vastly superior centre half pairing IMO. Although I'm fairly certain that as soon as Dowie and Hutton are available again they will waltz into the team despite being 2 of our most honking performers thus far.

Sad!

Archived