The Princess is up the duff again. WATP celebrations ongoing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also interpreting "morning sickness" as being a great excuse to avoid any contact with fawning, lickspittle, royalist, flag-waving c***s. 

Watching BBC World News yesterday,  I had to admire Nicolas Witchell's professionalism in competently delivering a report on the next royal bairn, while no doubt sporting the mother of all stauners

I agree with the point about still having a monarchy and organized religion in this day and age. If we can't move beyond those simplistic sops, I can't see how we have any chance of tackling proper challenges like climate change and feeding the world's population. From the very outset, we're encouraging people to think that pretty arbitrary concepts "make sense", and are even admirable, respectable positions to hold.

Here is everything that anyone knows about religion (as opposed to what they think they know):

1. There is no evidence whatsoever, applying the same rules that we apply to every other phenomenon, for the existence of any supernatural entity.

2. People tend to follow, with a very strong correlation, the deity or deities that are followed by their families.

3. People sometimes enter into conflict based upon following different deities to others; and indeed, following the same deities in very slightly different way.

The rest of it, the detail that makes people experts in one particular god or requires special "yes, but this one exists!" treatment, is no different to the sort of unevidenced thinking that allows homeopathy, reflexology and the rest to continue milking the gullible.

Royalty is exactly the same, except the beings onto which the confused project their worship happen to exist in flesh and blood. But that's such a minor distinction I would completely discount it. Many religions of old took it as self-evident that Kings joined the gods when they died. It's all part of the same control system.

Also, wid not. It would be like shagging the flair board but with a more wooden personality.

3 hours ago, The OP said:

Watching Royalists on the news (at Queensferry) is a bit depressing. "Oh I was so amazed we got to be so close to a boring and decrepit human being who is in a privileged position by dint of their birth". 

This is the thing that gets me about the Royal Family. I don't much care about having them, I'd prefer not to but it doesn't bother me much that they exist. I don't care when they die or when they have kids.

I just get annoyed seeing total imbeciles who love them and fawn over them and every thing they do. Its pathetic to give that much of a toss about people who don't even register that you are alive. The whole idea of being subjects and bowing and scraping to them is just completely wrong and reserved mainly for brain-dead morons.

Archived