Bairns v Pars in the challenge cup

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were missing Sibbald, Loy & Miller. Austin only on the bench. Pars were missing Hopkirk, Williamson and Cardle.  I'd include Aird in that if he wasn't absolutely shite. 

Plus Morris, missed Wedderburn from centre midfield and by missing Aird and Cardle we've play a striker on the wing, very makeshift side that will give Aj some thought as to how to spend the rest of the budget.
Surely wont happen, if you have ever been actively involved in football at any level you would be aware that any "weakness" an opponent has is fair game.
Not sporting behaviour but nothing unusual.
Search out the classic Dukla Pumpherston sketch from the Only an Excuse radio series for a fantastic example!

Not sure if you're serious, I'm sure if you were to give Hippolyte or Austin racial abuse then it would wind them up, that doesn't make it a weakness and nor should anyone think it's alright to try and "exploit" it, that's mental. I've played football at a few levels and I've never seen any of those things happen. Fash once falsey accused someone of racial abuse during a game, odd behaviour.

On one hand you have people falling over themselves to condemn people for racist behaviour, and then the same blokes laughing at a disability.

You'd think after 350 odd appearances it would be water off a ducks back to him by now. The fact he's still allowing players to wind him up so he loses the plot is rather strange for a player of his experience. Just aswell he isn't playing in the juniors.

Alex Smith is a gentleman and a hero, he's never let us down.

Have to say Hippo and O'Hara look a potent partnership, hopefully Austin and Loy have to look lively to get back in the team.

Having said that they were up against what looked like a makeshift defence today. Not convinced this Wedderburn fellow is much of a footballer, more a shambolic cult figure like we had with Pedro

O'Hara was clearly fouled in the lead up to it, it was right in front of me and until we know what was said or indicated its all just speculation. The fact there was a coming together of heads as well in the afters, could be related. 

Why did he go after Kerr then repeatedly shouted at McKee leading to the tackle, to me seems he has anger issues.

If something was said, your not telling me that's the first time in his career, having played in at least 3 out of 4 divisions here, Ireland and England.

If this is his game, get ready for plenty abuse being thrown at him, most teams will prefer 10 v 11

You'd think after 350 odd appearances it would be water off a ducks back to him by now. The fact he's still allowing players to wind him up so he loses the plot is rather strange for a player of his experience. Just aswell he isn't playing in the juniors.

This is an odd mentality to have. Do you think that gay people should always be able to handle homophobic abuse because they've probably heard it all before?

(Although chances are, they have if they've been to EEP lately.)

O'Hara was clearly fouled in the lead up to it, it was right in front of me and until we know what was said or indicated its all just speculation. The fact there was a coming together of heads as well in the afters, could be related. 

Why did he go after Kerr then repeatedly shouted at McKee leading to the tackle, to me seems he has anger issues.

If something was said, your not telling me that's the first time in his career, having played in at least 3 out of 4 divisions here, Ireland and England.

If this is his game, get ready for plenty abuse being thrown at him, most teams will prefer 10 v 11

I doubt it's the first time in his career, but it's going to agitate him from time to time. It sounds like this was one too far and it obviously got to him, wish he hadn't retaliated in getting himself sent off but I can understand why he'd be pissed off.

It's the St.Mirren #bitegate all over again, one photograph means absolutely f**k all out of context. 

Surely you don't believe this? That one photo is pretty conclusive.

St.Mirren fans claimed that the photos they had clearly showed Lee Miller biting their player as well. I also assume that, given he's standing right beside him at the time, the ref would have had words with O'Hara (which he might have) or dished out a yellow card yet he didn't see the need to do so. As others have pointed out Shiels was throwing himself about for a fair bit of the second half and was always a red card waiting to happen.

15 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

What was the score? Just kicked some poor laddie about the Harry Potter shop for the last 4 hours.

£30 for a fucking Hufflpuff notebook was more of a mugging than you could ever dream of handing me. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Here you go mate. Have a swatch a Hippolyte doing Hippolyte stuff that will cheer you up.

Thanks. There’s no leg break gruesomeness in the vid is there? 

Congrats on reaching the next round of the cup. Tremendous achievement.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Unfortunately the heads gone is not shown, nor is the injury to our keeper.

What is shown is a blatant attempt at cheating by Nicky Clark who tries to save Balatonis epic volley with his hands. I do wonder why there was no straight red in this case, or twitter outburst from cheat-haters Dunfermline....

Get the video in to the beaks and get the c**t banned. Dirty cheat. If you guys don’t do it, @Hawk will be happy to oblige.

Thanks. There’s no leg break gruesomeness in the vid is there? 
Congrats on reaching the next round of the cup. Tremendous achievement.

Aye... It's always been a diddy cup until you reach the final and then it's a fantastic day out for the players, directors and the fans of course.

Remember Rangers selling out Hampden for that diddy cup no-one was interested in winning[emoji1]

1 hour ago, smpar said:

This is an odd mentality to have. Do you think that gay people should always be able to handle homophobic abuse because they've probably heard it all before?

(Although chances are, they have if they've been to EEP lately.)

I doubt it's the first time in his career, but it's going to agitate him from time to time. It sounds like this was one too far and it obviously got to him, wish he hadn't retaliated in getting himself sent off but I can understand why he'd be pissed off.

Surely you don't believe this? That one photo is pretty conclusive.

I'm sure gay people who are used to getting abuse handle it far better than youngsters who haven't.  Doesn't mean to say they like it but they will be able to control themselves and not allow the perpetrator to get the better of them.  They will have learned to ignore it as like bullying that's the best way to handle it. They certainly won't run about trying to do folk like a wee laddie. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

By the way, dont know how true that patter was about big Wedderburn starting to do weights, but he should stop immediately. He was absolutely fucked yesterday. Proper gasping for air. Hope he plays CH against us again next time.

Looking pained and out of breath just seems to be his natural style. 

12 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Aye... It's always been a diddy cup until you reach the final and then it's a fantastic day out for the players, directors and the fans of course.

Remember Rangers selling out Hampden for that diddy cup no-one was interested in winningemoji1.png

Only Pars managed to take it seriously was Stephen Kenny. Think he presumed it came with a European place.

Just watching those highlights.

Should the Dunfermline player who tried to stop the first goal with his hands not have been carded?

It was about as blatant as I have ever seen!

Wouldn't that result in a penalty instead of the goal? Surely you can't be given a goal and just send the player off as well?

If he'd stopped it then of course. He didn't, it went in so unless you'd rather the penalty and a card - which isn't a thing outside of schoolkids playing down the park - then no. We really missed Morris and Williamson at the back today. Wedderburn isn't a centre half (it's quite strange that the only two times I can remember him filling in there have been away to Falkirk) and Lewis Martin had a nightmare, especially in the first half. We had zero attacking options down that side too. We also missed Cardle although fair play to McManus for filling in and having about our only serious shot on goal. Probably start him there than the permainjured Hopkirk anyway. Have no idea what the 4 strikers on with no plan at all last 15 minutes were all about. Falkirk will finish 4th this season I think. Probably beat us in the play off quarter final too the buggers.

Archived