Bairns v Pars in the challenge cup

Wouldn't that result in a penalty instead of the goal? Surely you can't be given a goal and just send the player off as well?

If that’s the rule it’s blatantly wrong.

Shouldn’t the advantage rule apply?

I think given that the goal was awarded a yellow would suffice.

However, as you highlight, common sense does not always apply in football.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, smpar said:

Wouldn't that result in a penalty instead of the goal? Surely you can't be given a goal and just send the player off as well?

Yeah it's only a red if it's preventing a goal which his feeble attempt obviously failed to do.  If the ball had come back out and then be put back in the goal by another falkirk player I suppose the ref could then red card him having played advantage .

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just watching those highlights.

Should the Dunfermline player who tried to stop the first goal with his hands not have been carded?

It was about as blatant as I have ever seen!

Ball was already in the net when he tried to palm it out so I imagine that's why he wasn't booked.

If that’s the rule it’s blatantly wrong.

Shouldn’t the advantage rule apply?

I think given that the goal was awarded a yellow would suffice.

However, as you highlight, common sense does not always apply in football.

It's a red card offence, but no advantage was gained by him handling it. I'm pretty sure you can't give a straight red after playing advantage. Could be wrong on that one though.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

It's a red card offence, but no advantage was gained by him handling it. I'm pretty sure you can't give a straight red after playing advantage. Could be wrong on that one though.

Correct the game must be stopped immediately to award a red card.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thank you. I appreciate that.

I do think you should watch the highlights. I think you would see Mr Hippolyte for the wonderful footballer he is.

2.30 in the Dunfermline highlights, tackle by Shiels is a cracker. If you’re going to get a red card then why not go out in style like that? 

Pars’ highlights don’t appear to be put together with the same level of love and care as when we win. Then you’ll get super high quality, various angles on the goals etc. Lose and you get grainy footage from some drunk’s old Nokia from the back of the stand.

Quite enjoying the holier than thou attitude from a support that made gas noises after Norrie etc.

Finger in the eye patter is rancid from a player, applauded the challenge from Shiels since there was nothing else to shout about.

Had my say on the baiting of Shiels last night but one thing I should have said was that verbals towards a particular player tend to be caused by said player doing something naughty.

Clearly what happened with Shiels yesterday.

Also racist abuse is NEVER acceptable.

Archived