U21 Euro 2019 Qualifying

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no luck for him then

Luck is not something Ryan Gauld is renowned for!!!

If it wasn't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all!!!

26 minutes ago, Widge said:

I may be wrong, but there’s only 2 natural centre backs in that squad?

Only two obvious centre backs (Souttar and Kerr), but I think that's why Iain Wilson has been listed as a defender.

54 minutes ago, Owsley said:

We are still too slow to promote the top young talent. Cochrane is with the U17s where there is surely a case for him to be in this squad. Similarly with Lewis Ferguson in the U19s instead of this one.

It might be wise to foster some team spirit in the 17s so they emerge as a unit. Cochrane and Gilmour together is quite a prospect, maybe it’s best they’re kept in the same team and go for trophies at that level.

17 hours ago, Owsley said:

We are still too slow to promote the top young talent. Cochrane is with the U17s where there is surely a case for him to be in this squad. Similarly with Lewis Ferguson in the U19s instead of this one.

Absolutely.  There's a case for Cochrane to be in the senior squad for these friendlies.  He's one of the best midfielders in the country right now.  If he was Dutch he'd be in the senior squad.

12 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Absolutely.  There's a case for Cochrane to be in the senior squad for these friendlies.  He's one of the best midfielders in the country right now.  If he was Dutch he'd be in the senior squad.

:lol:

Taking this far more seriously than anyone should:

1. Hearts are in mid-table

2. What good results they have won this season have been by grinding out clean sheets, thanks to the good performances of Berra and McLaughlin. Their midfield is absolutely honking, which is why Cochrane is playing far more frequently than he (or almost any 16 year-old) should.

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

:lol:

Taking this far more seriously than anyone should:

1. Hearts are in mid-table

2. What good results they have won this season have been by grinding out clean sheets, thanks to the good performances of Berra and McLaughlin. Their midfield is absolutely honking, which is why Cochrane is playing far more frequently than he (or almost any 16 year-old) should.

Sure thing champ.  He'll play for a top half EPL club.  People with a clue can see that a thousand miles away.  That's why he's playing at 16.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if he plays for man utd or someone.

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

Sure thing champ.  He'll play for a top half EPL club.  People with a clue can see that a thousand miles away.  That's why he's playing at 16.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if he plays for man utd or someone.

Maybe in the future. Right now, he's getting bullied by anyone with a bit of physical presence and/or ability. We heard this same talk about Gauld ("get him in the seniors!") when he was 16/17. How did that pan out? And he actually did a fair bit better in the Scottish league than Cochrane has to date.

2 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Maybe in the future. Right now, he's getting bullied by anyone with a bit of physical presence and/or ability. We heard this same talk about Gauld ("get him in the seniors!") when he was 16/17. How did that pan out? And he actually did a fair bit better in the Scottish league than Cochrane has to date.

Sure he is champ.  I suppose you're right though all young players are the same in every respect I take it all back.  The likes of man utd will be monitoring Cochrane very closely right now btw.

27 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

He's one of the best midfielders in the country right now. 

Just quoting this for when you try and drag the conversation away from it. 

Some boi. 

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

OK champ.  Slightly creepy but if it makes your day.

You're the one fawning over a 16yo boy m8. 

Cochrane’s been injured in 3/4 games he’s played already this season from more robust, physically able players. He’s not strong enough right now to be playing international football at senior level. Maybe in a few years, but as others have said, he may be technically capable and he may have been decent for hearts. It’s the state of their midfield that’s meant he’s playing, not because he’s one of the best in the league. He’s not that yet either, not by a distance.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Cochrane’s been injured in 3/4 games he’s played already this season from more robust, physically able players. He’s not strong enough right now to be playing international football at senior level. Maybe in a few years, but as others have said, he may be technically capable and he may have been decent for hearts. It’s the state of their midfield that’s meant he’s playing, not because he’s one of the best in the league. He’s not that yet either, not by a distance.

So has Scott brown, and you really mean once.  He's already much more physically able than xavi ever was and he did OK.  Intl football is actually less physical than Scottish premiership.

3 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Sure he is champ.  I suppose you're right though all young players are the same in every respect I take it all back.  The likes of man utd will be monitoring Cochrane very closely right now btw.

I agree he looks to be very talented and will be an EPL player within 3 years. I wouldn’t have him in the full squad until he’s developed physically. I’d also like him to play alongside Billy Gilmour for a run of games so they have an understanding when they make the step up to the full team. I don’t see either player being in the u21s, unless they skip the 19s.

Archived