Stranraer vs Arbroath

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to say I am proud to be a Lichtie tonight. The 13 of us on the terrace will carry those memories for years. Their keeper will take nightmares about that to the grave #36nil

Of all the games for the bus to end up being unavailable..

Simon was scrambling about for a lift yesterday and I'm bet he's buzzing he done that now. [emoji1]

That second Danny Denholm goal [emoji1]

Even the Stranraer boy away to the right hand side behind the goal clapped. Sweet as you like. Watched the 36niltv stuff too. Looking forward to the full highlights package to see some more of us.

Should just put the whole game up f**k it. There's a goal every 11 minutes anyway. [emoji1]

13 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Can't honestly remember the last time Stranraer lost 6 in a league game at Stair pk,wacky stuff.

Answer my own question here,creepily almost 5 years to the day we lost 6-2 at Stair pk to East Fife.Just watched the highlights and Manager interviews,omg that Stranraer defending.Although it probably didn't make any difference Paul Woods got injured in the warm up,you can see on the highlights he's not running at all,starting the first 20 minutes with one of your influential midfielders injured is not ideal.But fair play to Arbroath you can see they have confidence at the moment and that strike is a cracker.The only good thing from the blues point of view was our second goal,was well worked.I think our Manager said it,it could have been more and for some reason we were just not at it.But wether it's 1 or 6 it's still 3 points,but looking at the table 3 points between 2nd and 6th and with RR going to canter the League ,2nd,3rd and 4th is what we are playing for,long time to go.BTW In his interview Dick said Arbroath had scored 10 goals in the last 2,does he know its 11.:oops

Make no mistake about it - we were absolutely outstanding yesterday :D  For me, that performance was better than the one at Forfar last week.

Under Dick, we've always seemed to be slow starters and very much been a second half team, but yesterday we started from the first whistle and absolutely dominated the first half. Even before we got the first goal (Big LOLS at Jamie Hamill's attempted clearance) we were on top and bossing the game in the centre of the park; Yule, Whatley and Pongo were superb (everyone was) and with the formation we play it allows Pongo to drop deeper to make it a 3  in the middle when required but also gives him the freedom to get into the box and get on the end of things. Whatley breaks things up and does the simple things in the middle of the park and Blair Yule uses the ball very well, some of his passing is very Pongo esque at times; I'd probably have quite the man crush on him if it wasn't for his horrifc doric accent :lol: 

Stranraer defence really was all over the place and they will be very disappointed with their shape and they seem to lack any sort of pace at the back. However, it doesn't help when you have Bobby, Omar and Danny Denholm running at you all the time and Pongo making intelligent late run's into the box on top of that. We're in a strange position where some of our better players, Gav Swankie and Ricky Little will have to stay on the best for another week at least after the performances that starting 11 have put in the last few weeks.

When McCord was at the San starko McKinnon used to say that he needed to adjust his body "shape" good to see that he heeded his words......was one of my favourite rolly polly footballers though.

Tbh his body shape hasn't changed much, maybe getting a wee bit bigger this season or maybe it's just the kit. [emoji1]

Skinny guy if you were to see him in the street but a wee bitty less athletic looking than the other lads when he's on the park. If he had the athletic ability of our other two central midfielders he would probably be one of the best players in the division.

1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

When McCord was at the San starko McKinnon used to say that he needed to adjust his body "shape" good to see that he heeded his words......was one of my favourite rolly polly footballers though.

Great comment. He was the classic "false no 9" yesterday. Never there for the big central defenders to mark, but always cute for the killer pass or clever finish. 

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

What a mess Stranraer look. Was that big fat Hamill that fucked it for the 1st goal? DD's strike could be our goal of the season already.

Well, he nodded it in. But really, the whole bunch of Stranraer players in the pic....., Belford making a mess, and everyone else

more or less standing there, brains in neutral. Couldn't see where the fingers where. 

Archived