Dons vs Saints - 30/09

The worst day of the season.
God, I hate when the fermers roll into town with fitba that makes ICT look like Brazil 1970, and then escape with the inevitable 5-1 win.

FTFY

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think the performance here is as important as whether we win or draw, especially given Saints got a result at Parkhead.

I'd like to see us have an element of control and dominance over the game which just hasn't been there this season - while 3 points are always welcome, yet another a harum scarum 2-1 where we hang on by a ba'hair for the last half hour wouldn't really suggest to me we're pushing on and able to go on a run.

If it's 0-0, we create plenty and look solid then I probably won't be furious.

I quite liked the 3-4-1-2 formation that played the second half against Hamilton, particularly when Tanser came on. I wouldn't be against us trying that again, although this is a different kind of opposition with very different strengths. With MOH looking likely to be out again, it's perhaps not the worst idea as it utilises  the strengths in our team reasonably well. 

I'm quite happy for this to be a seethe inducing shitfest, as long as we get something from the game. 

6 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I honestly think the performance here is as important as whether we win or draw, especially given Saints got a result at Parkhead.

I'd like to see us have an element of control and dominance over the game which just hasn't been there this season - while 3 points are always welcome, yet another a harum scarum 2-1 where we hang on by a ba'hair for the last half hour wouldn't really suggest to me we're pushing on and able to go on a run.

If it's 0-0, we create plenty and look solid then I probably won't be furious.

Surely 5 wins, 2 draws and 0 defeats constitutes a pretty good fucking run?

Surely 5 wins, 2 draws and 0 defeats constitutes a pretty good fucking run?

The last few seasons (with the likes of Hayes and McGinn) the hallmark of our league success has been long winning runs where we've looked convincing, controlling games, with our good players playing well in a recognised system.

We've played most the weaker teams in the league and scraped through in most of them. October brings Hibs away and Celtic at home - would like to go into those games with some genuine momentum rather than looking as unconvincing and jittery as we've done so far.

Good amount of points on the board but very much doubt a winning run is sustainable unless we improve the performances.

Two teams who's results belie their performances, I'd say we're a better team away from home, so I'd be edging towards us winning tbh. Christie will rip us apart if he's played in the "10" role, thankfully McInnes will punt him out the team for some six foot clogger

Not sure why Saints and Dons fans are absolutely hating on this game. Recent previous games have resulted in some surprise results and decent games. Can't believe how uninterested people are for this battle for second. I'm looking forward to it. Shape up you sad fucks.

The last few seasons (with the likes of Hayes and McGinn) the hallmark of our league success has been long winning runs where we've looked convincing, controlling games, with our good players playing well in a recognised system.

We've played most the weaker teams in the league and scraped through in most of them. October brings Hibs away and Celtic at home - would like to go into those games with some genuine momentum rather than looking as unconvincing and jittery as we've done so far.

Good amount of points on the board but very much doubt a winning run is sustainable unless we improve the performances.

Agree with your points here. It pains me to say it but I think we miss Jack quite a bit, although Tansey I feel is a very important player for us already

Archived