Dons vs Saints - 30/09

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't wish to get carried away by McKenna over one good performance, but hopefully he keeps his place beside Arnason for this at centre-back - neither did anything worthy of being replaced. O'Connor as the shield, he played well last Sunday and Ball hasn't made much of an impression. I'd probably just take in Stewart or Wright for the injured Tansey, depending on how McInnes is planning to set us up. 

I'm predicting a 0-0, but could see a low-scoring draw or a narrow victory for either side. Basically, I'm not expecting many goals. 

:unsure2: ^ this exactly. Was really the first shock result for saints after so many years in the wilderness and back then the dons still were seen as a big club, amazing how 27 years on the divide between those outside the OF has changed, and even going bust and being reincarnated one half of that can outspend the rest of us nearly put together. Wonder what things will be like in 2044...

The negativity is probably justified as this in reality could well be the most eyebleedingly bad game ever. No doubt either that or a 7 goal thriller.

Team wise, with Tansey dropping out, I expect to see Stewart come in and bar that can't see McInnes changing too much. We will setup stuffy I reckon.

Sadly got to fancy Saints for this one, 1-0, O'Halloran from a MacLean assist.

316f4e8011cd74fcd3ac9639d85a872c.jpg

Seen the team tonight when we were out for tea. Good omen I hope as two years ago when we met them at tea we won 5-1 the following day ????????

I'd say it's a fantastic omen man. I saw the bus as I was leaving Aberdeen on the Friday night, prior to the last game.

After lumping on the 7/1 that day, I'll be having a bit more tomorrow. Still excellent value in the price, but I'll be happy enough with a draw, even if it costs me.

Archived