Star Trek Discovery

welshbairn

I am actually enjoying it. I didn't think it was possible after the right old mess season 1 was, but this is good.

And if you watch a bad episode and think "No, I'm never watching this pish again!", then I invite you to enjoy the following:

Spock's Brain (TOS)

Haven (TNG)

Move Along Home or If Wishes Were Horses (DS9)

All series have their stinkers.

Another decent episode.  Clem Fandango seems to be back aboard for the foreseeable future.

They didn't half stand about discussing stuff when the ship was supposedly in imminent danger of being  ripped apart though.

Pretty annoyed that they've brought back Hugh.  His death in S1 was shocking and this has lessened that somewhat.

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am actually enjoying it. I didn't think it was possible after the right old mess season 1 was, but this is good.

And if you watch a bad episode and think "No, I'm never watching this pish again!", then I invite you to enjoy the following:

Spock's Brain (TOS)

Haven (TNG)

Move Along Home or If Wishes Were Horses (DS9)

All series have their stinkers.

The whole of season 1 of TNG.  If they tried doing "Encounter at Farpoint" nowadays it'd never have gotten picked up. Says a lot that TNG went from that to "All Good Things" at the end.

Yeah struggling with this. Lots of good stuff going on. Characters and acting are on point. Just not grabbing me. Find myself zoning out a fair bit.
Kind of know what you mean. Spock and the Red Angel storyline on it's own would be quite interesting. Adding in the micellar network thing I can get on board with. Adding in the Section 31 stuff on top of that, with added Mirror Universe stuff, and the Klingon stuff on top of that, and the evolution of Saruu on top of that, Ash and Hugh coming back and the workplace dynamic melodrama stuff.... It's all a bit too much. They could have had a really tight, interesting series if they'd pared it back a bit and just had two or three story arcs rather than the 8 or 9 they currently have going.

Episode 8, excellent episode!!!
Loved the link up at the start to the TOS, didn't try to explain any differences in look or even actors just got on with it and I thought it really worked to its advantage, also slims down all the storylines a bit and joins a few up, it all appears to be coming together nicely!!!
Still think there was no reason why they couldn't get Zachary Quinto to play Spock though!!!

21 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Episode 8, excellent episode!!!
Loved the link up at the start to the TOS, didn't try to explain any differences in look or even actors just got on with it and I thought it really worked to its advantage, also slims down all the storylines a bit and joins a few up, it all appears to be coming together nicely!!!
Still think there was no reason why they couldn't get Zachary Quinto to play Spock though!!!

Yes probably the best episode since the shows return. Though the new Spock hasn’t impressed as yet, beard as acting by proxy isn’t working for me.

So how are they going to tie up that the crew of Discovery broke General Order 7 (punishable by death), disobeyed a direct order from Starfleet Command and have now stole a star ship...

With two officers with the highest commendations on board.   

Edited by Antiochas III