Forfar Athletic v Stranraer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ref was a joke today must have been double the amount of freekicks than a normal game. Any contact was a freekick today.

The ref didn't get much wrong today. Stranraer were a shower of hackers on the day. However,as previously mentioned, Cox was very lucky to stay on the pitch at the end of the game.
Before the inevitable shock-horror responses, we did something similar versus Arbroath, much to my disappointment.

Ref was fine, certainly better than two poor sides.

with that said, Forfar were improved. Defence much better and midfield harder working than previously. However, with strikers like See, Peters and Lister we have no chance of scoring enough goals in this league.

7 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

The ref didn't get much wrong today. Stranraer were a shower of hackers on the day. However,as previously mentioned, Cox was very lucky to stay on the pitch at the end of the game.
Before the inevitable shock-horror responses, we did something similar versus Arbroath, much to my disappointment.

I thought the ref was actually atrocious,every  time a Forfar player dropped to the ground he gave a foul,didn’t think Forfar were too bad themselves at handing it out.But it really is getting to the point football is a non contact sport,some of these refs coming through the system give fouls for hee-haw,if a player goes to ground it must be a foul.Btw I hate your pitch,fitba should be played on GRASS.

34 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

What’s the story with Easton not in the squad? Couldn’t have been injured, he’s no played. Take it mensing was dropped thankfully

Easton was officially 'ill'.....ie training ground punch up probably

Poor quality trolling

I have to admit I dislike fans blasting a ref every time their team lose , wasn't at the game but in my opinion it was our players that are to blame for yet another very poor performance , i keep hearing our fans ( myself included ) predict we will finish top four but after some horror showings I'm beginning to doubt that, long long way to go but we will need to do better , much better..

6 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I have to admit I dislike fans blasting a ref every time their team lose , wasn't at the game but in my opinion it was our players that are to blame for yet another very poor performance , i keep hearing our fans ( myself included ) predict we will finish top four but after some horror showings I'm beginning to doubt that, long long way to go but we will need to do better , much better..

9 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Don’t think we lost on Saturday kvz,but I think if you had been there you could see our point of view,I’m not blaming the ref for dropping a point,just think theses refs who are coming through the system are like robots,man goes to ground-blow whistle-honestly John Greig,Billy McNeill etc etc wouldn’t have lasted 10 mins these days.Btw still think we will finish top 4,beat Alloa at Stair Pk a week on Saturday and that will be 15 points from the first 25 per  cent of fixtures,replicate that in the 75 per cent fixtures left gives you 60 points,which normally gives you a top four finish.

We didn’t lose - we came close, but we didn’t lose!

I wouldn’t argue that it wasn’t a poor performance by us - we were awful for long spells - but would have been happy with an away point before the game.

On 07/10/2017 at 11:15, EdinburghBlue said:

This!

Sorry for not responding sooner but not a regular visitior on here but a friend said I must read the in depth,intellectual arguement put forward fromEdinburghBlue , wow , after extracting a line from my post your justification on how a ref can be blamed for a teams poor result is hard to argue against . Perhaps my comment was difficult to understand but what I was saying was that I don’t agree when fans( any fans ) distract from their teams failings by slating the ref !, 

On very very rare occasions a ref can influence a result by wrongly awarding a goal scoring opportunity which a team converts ( usually in the dying minutes ) resulting in an unfair scoreline that’s doesn’t reflect the way the game was played.PS , you don’t have to have been in attendance at a game to know IF the ref awarded a last minute penalty etc .that compared with the match reports resulted in a team perhaps being rewarded by a mistaken decision from the ref.

Nofixedability and Loonytoons obviously have a different view point which kind of nullified your view .

there can be no doubt that a poor ref can spoil the flow of a game but I don’t think I’ve ever been at a game when the ref got every decision wrong against my team and awarded everything to the opposition,usually he gets it wrong one minute and has us all berating him only for him to give a decision our way , we score and all is forgiven.

lets not be that blinkered that we have to look for excuses for our teams poor displays ,FFS we support Stranraer not Barca, 

Archived