Kilimarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Kilmarnock's Next Manager  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Moomintroll

Genuinely serious question but given the jobs that Steve Clarke has had then there is no way we would be able to meet his salary expectations. Will he be willing to do the job based on a sense of "homecoming" or on a desire to prove himself after his WBA shambles? Would be genuinely excited if he was to be our next manager but cannot see it happening.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genuinely serious question but given the jobs that Steve Clarke has had then there is no way we would be able to meet his salary expectations. Will he be willing to do the job based on a sense of "homecoming" or on a desire to prove himself after his WBA shambles? Would be genuinely excited if he was to be our next manager but cannot see it happening.
Would you really call his time at WBA that thou?
Consider the budget & opposition he had to face week in, week out, a win percentage of 31.7 coupled with 8th place in the EPL, West Broms highest finish ever in the top flight.
Is that really a shambles for a club like Albion?

As for wages, only BB, JK & Clarke will know if we can afford/meet his demands.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

What do you mean 6 candidates interviewed? It's apparently 10 candidates to date, KillieFC.com did a poll & almost 80% were in favour of Clarke, which was forwarded to the board, so they are aware of the fans preference.
McDonald may be the obvious choice to yourself but im confident we won't be promoting anyone from within this time.

So  you are choosing selective usage of the logic you applied when replying to ludo with regard to Mixu being the favourite  , your response being if Mixu after being interviewed had not been named as manager you were of the opinion his application would have been unsuccessful ,  surely applying the logic you have used regarding Mixu's application should be applied to the other 9 you claim to have been interviewed, I am only suggesting that after interviewing 10 possible candidates to then take the step to make McDonald caretaker manager in my opinion advances his prospects of him being named your manager ahead of the 10 interviewed candidates.

What do you mean 6 candidates interviewed? It's apparently 10 candidates to date, KillieFC.com did a poll & almost 80% were in favour of Clarke, which was forwarded to the board, so they are aware of the fans preference.
McDonald may be the obvious choice to yourself but im confident we won't be promoting anyone from within this time.

I really hope, for Kilmarnock’s sake, that this didn’t happen.

I’m all for improving club/fan interaction, but fans’ views on appointing managers are of no value or merit whatsoever. At best, it’ll cloud the issue and create an excuse for failure.

It's apparently 10 candidates to date, KillieFC.com did a poll & almost 80% were in favour of Clarke, which was forwarded to the board, so they are aware of the fans preference.

You've got to be joking.

Guest Moomintroll
Would you really call his time at WBA that thou?
Consider the budget & opposition he had to face week in, week out, a win percentage of 31.7 coupled with 8th place in the EPL, West Broms highest finish ever in the top flight.
Is that really a shambles for a club like Albion?

As for wages, only BB, JK & Clarke will know if we can afford/meet his demands.

Yeah good point when you look at the bare statistics, it really was a decent performance. Got a rough ride from the media down here at the time and without checking the facts that had coloured my perception.

I'm sure Steve Clarke went into the selection process for the Killie job fully expecting them to be paying his usual £1 million - £2 million salary range.  He'll be aware the Scottish game's awash with money at the moment. 

1 minute ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Fans forum.

Cheers mucka , that helps in my response now, C4mmy31 feels that a petition from this forum that showed 80% of those fans were in favour of Clarke being appointed manager being forwarded to the BoD would have an influence on who would get the managerial position at Rugby Park, sorry to burst you're bubble C4mmy but after the fiasco you're club underwent during the tenure ship of M.Johnstone would give you enough of an idea as to know fans opinions hold no water in the boardroom. Actions such as walkouts at games bear no weight on decision's made in the boardroom, the only fan action that would have any significance on a BoD's decision is a mass block of fans not renewing season tickets, because as soon as most clubs have got season ticket sales money into the clubs coffers the fans are treated with contempt by the hierarchy of those clubs.

Cheers mucka , that helps in my response now, C4mmy31 feels that a petition from this forum that showed 80% of those fans were in favour of Clarke being appointed manager being forwarded to the BoD would have an influence on who would get the managerial position at Rugby Park, sorry to burst you're bubble C4mmy but after the fiasco you're club underwent during the tenure ship of M.Johnstone would give you enough of an idea as to know fans opinions hold no water in the boardroom. Actions such as walkouts at games bear no weight on decision's made in the boardroom, the only fan action that would have any significance on a BoD's decision is a mass block of fans not renewing season tickets, because as soon as most clubs have got season ticket sales money into the clubs coffers the fans are treated with contempt by the hierarchy of those clubs.

I never mentioned it would have any influence on any decission the board made, just that the club are aware of who the fans would prefer.

There have been a few dicissons made based on fans polls/views in KillieFC.com, one example being this season's away strip, voted for out of a choice of 6 put forward by the club.

At least we know the board now engage with fans & take on board our views unlike during the MJ era.

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I never mentioned it would have any influence on any decission the board made, just that the club are aware of who the fans would prefer.

There have been a few dicissons made based on fans polls/views in KillieFC.com, one example being this season's away strip, voted for out of a choice of 6 put forward by the club.

At least we know the board now engage with fans & take on board our views unlike during the MJ era.

Sorry I failed to point out you never implied it influenced any boardroom decisions, but I still feel forwarding anything like this then bringing it into the public domain is a major faux pas. If for talking sake Mixu was to be appointed 80% of the fans polled will already have decided in their opinion he was the wrong choice, and will have a negative & clouded judgement on everything he were to do as manager.

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I'm sure Steve Clarke went into the selection process for the Killie job fully expecting them to be paying his usual £1 million - £2 million salary range.  He'll be aware the Scottish game's awash with money at the moment. 

Especially when his brother is a Killie season ticket holder!

Archived