Next Manager To Be Sacked

Who's next to go?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Clearly you haven't seen or read Bowie's interview, he stated he had no intention of getting rid of McCulloch, but when McCulloch stated he felt he couldn't turn things around both parties mutually agreed his termination, thats more a resignation than a sacking.....

Do you believe what Bowie says in that interview ? If I am a manager I would never intimate I could not turn it around as it would thereafter make me unemployable as a manager and I'm sure Jig does not see this as his only managerial post.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you believe what Bowie says in that interview ? If I am a manager I would never intimate I could not turn it around as it would thereafter make me unemployable as a manager and I'm sure Jig does not see this as his only managerial post.

That’s not really true though is it? McCall, to take one example, left Motherwell saying exactly that: He didn’t know how to fix things.

He’s since had two jobs and his Bradford side reached the play-off final last season and sit 3rd in League 1 at the moment.

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That’s not really true though is it? McCall, to take one example, left Motherwell saying exactly that: He didn’t know how to fix things.

He’s since had two jobs and his Bradford side reached the play-off final last season and sit 3rd in League 1 at the moment.

Slightly different capt as McCall had previously been caretaker and manager at Bradford , this is Jigs first managerial post and for the sorry mr chairman but I can't fix this team response would have been pure folly to pass his lips, if he said that which I fail to believe I would deem him to be unemployable as a manager , McCall also took over at a  time when sevco had zero other options , and in that situation regained some credibility .

This is Jigs first managerial post and for the sorry mr chairman but I can't fix this team response would have been pure folly to pass his lips, if he said that which I fail to believe I would deem him to be unemployable as a manager.

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland, Bowie said: “We had a meeting to talk about the team’s performance. It wasn’t our expectation that Lee would lose his job".

“We said to him to stick with it but it came down to his feelings and what was best for the club. He felt there wasn’t much more he could do here".

“I think he was too close to some of the players. It’s a big thing to go from being on the ground to manager.”

If Lee had been sacked or the above comments Bowie made were in anyway untruths, don't you think McCulloch would have came out and said so in his own defense?

17 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland, Bowie said: “We had a meeting to talk about the team’s performance. It wasn’t our expectation that Lee would lose his job".

“We said to him to stick with it but it came down to his feelings and what was best for the club. He felt there wasn’t much more he could do here".

“I think he was too close to some of the players. It’s a big thing to go from being on the ground to manager.”

If Lee had been sacked or the above comments Bowie made were in anyway untruths, don't you think McCulloch would have came out and said so in his own defense?

And jeapordise his severance payment , he might not have been a successful manager at you're club but let me assure you having met Jig previously  he ain't stupid. It will all come out in the wash at a later date , but my opinion would be you would get a different version from Jig if he was able to speak his mind just now.

4 hours ago, happyaccie said:

And jeapordise his severance payment , he might not have been a successful manager at you're club but let me assure you having met Jig previously  he ain't stupid. It will all come out in the wash at a later date , but my opinion would be you would get a different version from Jig if he was able to speak his mind just now.

Wouldn't surprise me - McCoist had something similar in his gardening leave restricting him from what he could talk about iirc

Would have to have Archie as favourite for this - results are still shite and, alarmingly, performances are getting steadily worse rather than showing improvement...
Who would you like brought in Thistle_do_nicely?

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Who would you like brought in Thistle_do_nicely?

It's always quite tricky to put forward candidates because i) it's not easy to know who would actually apply for the job and ii) there might be interesting candidates applying from England.

A manager that can grab us enough points to secure at least 10th, whether it's by shitfesting every week or gorgeous fluid football, I don't really give a shit at this point. Would like someone with good man management and a positive outlook to help get the players chins up, and knows how to get a defence organised.

Whoever Kilmarnock appoint

Thistle will get points on the board I reckon.

Killie will do their usual where they'll just appoint their interim manager (from within) after a bounce and they'll be out in two or three months. Just depends how long Pedro can hold on and the contract he's been given.

Archived