Next Manager To Be Sacked

Who's next to go?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's only the 1st October and already we've lost Ian Cathro, Jim McIntyre and now Lee McCulloch.  The next one might not be too far away either with rumours swirling about Pedro's time at Rangers coming to an end. There's also bound to be ever increasing pressure on the likes of Alan Archibald who's Partick Thistle side haven't won in their opening 8 league fixtures. Then there is Craig Levein who already has a considerable amount of Hearts fans against him and then there is the likes of McCann and Canning who are just a few results away from being hot under the collar.

So the question is, who will be next to be punted?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Archibald must be odds on....

He's got a lot in the bank with Partick Thistle though. He's done an excellent job up until this point and he went on a run like this last season I'm sure, before ending up with a top 6 finish! I wonder if there's a turning tide against him though? Any Partick Thistle fans care to comment?

Honestly, i would think Alan Archibald. He is in the same position as Kilmarnock, the  only difference being that MOST of the games Partick have played this season, they have actually played well. (Apart from their last game against us).

1 or 2 more bad results after the break and i believe he will be gone.

Pedro Caixinha Might be after that, depending on results up to and including the 2 back to back abereen games. Those will ve cruical to his tenure.

Craig Levein Might be within a chance, but i doubt you will have either Neil Lennon, Brendan Rodgers, Stephen Robinson or Derek McInnes with the performances that their teams are producing this season.

He's got a lot in the bank with Partick Thistle though. He's done an excellent job up until this point and he went on a run like this last season I'm sure, before ending up with a top 6 finish! I wonder if there's a turning tide against him though? Any Partick Thistle fans care to comment?

Clearly not a Thistle fan but...

Last season was 1 win in first 10.

Season prior they didn't win any of their opening 9. First win was a 3-0 against United on 3rd October '15 which was just after McNamara had been emptied IIRC.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Clearly not a Thistle fan but...

Last season was 1 win in first 10.

Season prior they didn't win any of their opening 9. First win was a 3-0 against United on 3rd October '15 which was just after McNamara had been emptied IIRC.

Pretty much this. Hardly a glowing endorsement of Archie, but we're notorious slow starters every year.

There are people saying he's only got a few games to save himself, but I doubt it. I think we could go down and he'd keep his job. Likewise Canning at Hamilton.

Which is why I'd go with Caixinha as my vote for next manager to get the boot.

As Pedro isn't "a Rangers man" through and through (I'll leave you to consider what this might mean), he'll get virtually no leeway from the supporters if (when) things start to go any more pear-shaped than they are at the moment. That's why he's my pick.

McCann, Archibald and Canning could be about three games away from a crisis, but will probably be ok in the short to medium term.

Rodgers, McInnes, Wright, Lennon and Coyle will only leave if they are poached (or some kind of scandal emerges), and Robinson has probably bought himself to the end of the season with a better than expected start. Levein is probably too entrenched at Hearts to leave soon, but may only be there until the end of the season if things don't go well (ie, not in top six), and then he'll move back upstairs.

Final 5 games of last season coupled with the first 8 of this season means he's put even less points on the board than McCulloch.

He will, as you say, probably get the first game after the break against Killie, but should he lose, I think the trap door would open.....

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's only the 1st October and already we've lost Ian Cathro, Jim McIntyre and now Lee McCulloch.  The next one might not be too far away either with rumours swirling about Pedro's time at Rangers coming to an end. There's also bound to be ever increasing pressure on the likes of Alan Archibald who's Partick Thistle side haven't won in their opening 8 league fixtures. Then there is Craig Levein who already has a considerable amount of Hearts fans against him and then there is the likes of McCann and Canning who are just a few results away from being hot under the collar.

So the question is, who will be next to be punted?

Boo, I didnt know about McCulloch getting emptied - can I change my vote to Caixinha

Final 5 games of last season coupled with the first 8 of this season means he's put even less points on the board than McCulloch.

He will, as you say, probably get the first game after the break against Killie, but should he lose, I think the trap door would open.....

It won't. Even if we go down he won't be sacked. He will most certainly walk away.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Canning could lose every remaining game this season (which wouldn't surprise me TBH) and he still wouldn't be sacked.

There's been quite a few similar comments about both Canning and Archibald over a few different threads. I'm curious to know, is this seen as a good thing by the respective fans? I get that loyalty is a good thing and the clubs that change their manager every 10 games or so can end up being basket cases, but wouldn't even the prospect of imminent relegation and the possible financial implications be enough to make people think twice??

Archived