St Mirren v Raith Rovers . Challenge Cup Rd 3

shull

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

It's like your hanging about the forum waiting for a poor result so that you can pounce on it, and post I told you. it's the fizzy pop cup  ffs:lol:

Then why are most of your lot moaning like ehell cause you lost.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure any supporter likes losing a game. Lots of disappointed Morton supporters after we lost against Livingston in such poor fashion. But ultimately, it IS the diddiest of all diddy cups and won't bother anyone for long.

Well that's 90 mins of my life that I won't get back. What a pile of utter shite from start to finish. Half hearted effort at best from Saints and no sense of urgency or tempo to our play.
Thank f**k we won't have to watch any more of this fizzy pop cup, it's dire. Good luck to Raith in the next round as they took their chances and we didn't look interested.

To be honest I reckon Smith tactically was better than Ross today. We limited the space you had to play in, first half especially. It is a nothing cup between two teams who put out a few youth players though. We relied on Smith to make a few saves but that's why you have a keeper' Stewart also made a good save first half which is pretty much all we done attack wise in the half. We did open up and push on second half which gave you more space but other than the goal I didn't really feel we were badly threatened. We had 4/5 chances and took 3 and unless the draw is favourable will lose more money in the next round.

Good luck to you in the league. Would like to see you back in the top league next season.

Good result and a chance of a great away day.  Confidence surely boosted into the bargain. 
Regarding Chic Young: The only place he has relevance is in his own head. 

What's the great away day?

20 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Then why are most of your lot moaning like ehell cause you lost.

Don't think anyone is. We're a bit frustrated to lose momentum but not many are  really bothered about not being in this cup. If fair is fair, we've hit the woodwork twice, pulled 2 great stops out the keeper, had one cleared off the line and scored before Rovers got a dig away. 

And fair fucks to them as it was three cracking goals but with a bit more fortune and better finishing we'd have been out of sight relatively early on. 

Still, no real complaints about the result as Raith played a lot better than the shambles of last season. 

It's like your hanging about the forum waiting for a poor result so that you can pounce on it, and post I told you. it's the fizzy pop cup  ffs[emoji38]

Yes I am hanging about waiting to say I told you so but the fact of the matter is I told a Raith fan about a week. Ago they would win. And the reason for saying it was in fact it is a micky mouse cup we struggled. To beat E. K. SO WE WERE NEVER GOING TO BEAT RAITH in my opinion.

Until Saints scored I think Raith’s reserves were the poorest team we’ve played in many a year.  And I include Hearts U20s from the previous round.

When we eventually scored Raith equalised within the next 20 seconds.

Saints still had the majority of play but gave away two shocking goals - the third especially.

Saints clearly thought they’d just keep playing the way they had been and score again, but Raith were ruthless when we made mistakes at the back.

I’m sure Ross DID want to win the game, but his subs were baffling.

The young no 39 was completely ineffective for the whole game, yet he stayed on for the full 90.

Think he took the safe option every single time, and when you’re playing against a packed defence that’s not going to hack it.

What this has shown is that the boys are not yet ready to step up.

Only bright spot was the outfield Ross Stewart who I thought had a decent game.

Shame to have given up the winning run in such a manner, and I would like to have stayed in the cup.

Hopefully this will spur us in to doing something we’ve not done for years - win at Dumbarton next week!

21 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Until Saints scored I think Raith’s reserves were the poorest team we’ve played in many a year.  And I include Hearts U20s from the previous round.

Saints still had the majority of play but gave away two shocking goals - the third especially.

Saints clearly thought they’d just keep playing the way they had been and score again, but Raith were ruthless when we made mistakes at the back.

The young no 39 was completely ineffective for the whole game, yet he stayed on for the full 90.

Think he took the safe option every single time, and when you’re playing against a packed defence that’s not going to hack it.

Shame to have given up the winning run in such a manner, and I would like to have stayed in the cup.

Hopefully this will spur us in to doing something we’ve not done for years - win at Dumbarton next week!

Worse than the last rovers side that visited last season? Have a word with yourself. Haha

23 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Cant be that poor. with a greatly weakened squad due to injuries we still beat your lot 3-1. I think maybe its your lot who are the poorest team the rovers have played in years.

30 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Absolutely raging. Not the first fan to be after getting swept aside by the Rovers this season tbf.

Pleasantly surprised given the line up we had. Should build a bit of confidence.

Archived