The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fact stranger than fiction.... its a sachet of dessicant from an earlier consumed bag of beef jerky

20180409_210947.jpg

Fire in if you get peckish. 

Went a bit OTT on the T (and wine and whisky) this weekend so trying to have a detox week. 

ETA I have never “detoxed” before but it appears that it involves eating celery and not caning the booze. 

Edited by Shandon Par

I’ve found they tend not to give a f**k if you’re not being a dick tbh. Only ever been telt once to down my beer. 
Tbf I have had that before where they just asked me to sort it in a timely fashion. I was finished my can before nine tonight. Generally I prefer to make a wee effort not to put the boy in a situation he might not be comfortable with. Hes only trying to get his graft done and get back home after all.

No issue complying with the rules, nailing my can of T and helping him get the easy life.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

I’ve found they tend not to give a f**k if you’re not being a dick tbh. Only ever been telt once to down my beer. 

Aye, the mistake was putting all his cans on the table. Useful technique to keep a table to yourself at other times though, especially if you smile endearingly  at people as they approach.

Edited by welshbairn

Aye, the mistake was putting all his cans on the table. Useful technique to keep a table to yourself at other times though, especially if you smile endearingly  at people as they approach.
Me and the conductor shared an unspoken bit of mirth at someone elses expense as they struggled to operate the toilet door

Went a bit OTT on the T (and wine and whisky) this weekend so trying to have a detox week. 
ETA I have never “detoxed” before but it appears that it involves eating celery and not caning the booze. 

Sounds shite tbh

Nae shortage of oxygen absorbers on this forum

AMAFUCKINGRITELADZ!!!!!?????

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have been doing this every weekend and some week nights as well in the past few weeks, it’s not a sustainable lifestyle anyway.

It’s easy to slip into the habit. Barely had any booze free days in the last few weeks. My hotel room at the weekend even had a complimentary decanter of a nice Speyside malt. Didn’t last long.

It’s easy to slip into the habit. Barely had any booze free days in the last few weeks. My hotel room at the weekend even had a complimentary decanter of a nice Speyside malt. Didn’t last long.

Assuming you have now left the hotel, what hotel was it? Looked very nice from the couple of photos.
If you’re still there I wouldn’t disclose for safety reasons.

A tale of two pubs for me, a couple of weeks ago.

Boozer #1 - Starbar in Edinburghs New Town. The name is more than a little misleading; sounding like some hipster haunt, it is infact a wee howff of a place that hasn't seen a duster in years. Alas, the two pints of necTar that I had were decent, nothing more.

Boozer #2 - Cask & Barrell, foot of Broughton Street. Bigger pub, brighter pub, and the pint of Vitamin T they served up was sensational in every way. Whatever they were doing different, I hope they keep doing it. Another visit awaits.

I usually sit on the couch consuming beer whilst nursing a bottle of wine in the kitchen and every time i go into the kitchen I take a big slurp of red wine. Knocked back 2 bottles of red , 15 or so beers and a couple glasses of whisky over the weekend there. I didn’t feel particularly rough, more dehydrated and weak but I should stop doing it.

A tale of two pubs for me, a couple of weeks ago.

Boozer #1 - Starbar in Edinburghs New Town. The name is more than a little misleading; sounding like some hipster haunt, it is infact a wee howff of a place that hasn't seen a duster in years. Alas, the two pints of necTar that I had were decent, nothing more.

Boozer #2 - Cask & Barrell, foot of Broughton Street. Bigger pub, brighter pub, and the pint of Vitamin T they served up was sensational in every way. Whatever they were doing different, I hope they keep doing it. Another visit awaits.

Been in the star bar once, it wasn’t very good but I was with a couple of boys I hadn’t seen for a while and the barmaid was very attractive and friendly. I enjoyed it.

Back home. Craigellachie hotel. Dog biscuits on the bar, complimentarty Hunter wellies of all sizes by the door. T on tap.

Presumably a bottle of Craigellachie in the room then. Delicious stuff. Have a bottle in my very high brow malt cabinet

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbf I have had that before where they just asked me to sort it in a timely fashion. I was finished my can before nine tonight. Generally I prefer to make a wee effort not to put the boy in a situation he might not be comfortable with. Hes only trying to get his graft done and get back home after all.

No issue complying with the rules, nailing my can of T and helping him get the easy life.

When I knew I was planning a trip that would take me past the 'magic hour' I used to take an insulated coffee cup or sports water bottle that was full of loud mouth soup. There was the odd time that that I wasn't discreet the guards were fine, if you're not being loud or dickish then I'm guessing it wasn't an issue. It would probably be different if it was a saturday night with a train full of pished up fannies and I wouldn't have blamed the guards about that.

I like a bevvy probably more than most. In the house or a local pub then I have no problems whatsoever. On any type of public transport though, I avoid the drink like the plague. I especially never, ever drink on a plane. Even if I have paid for the premium upgrade that offers unlimited drink, I still ignore it. Flying scares the shit out of me but the thought of not being fully in control of my own actions scares me even more. Whether it is a ten minute trip or a 14 odd hour flight, I can easily live without a drink.

9 hours ago, supermik said:

I like a bevvy probably more than most. In the house or a local pub then I have no problems whatsoever. On any type of public transport though, I avoid the drink like the plague. I especially never, ever drink on a plane. Even if I have paid for the premium upgrade that offers unlimited drink, I still ignore it. Flying scares the shit out of me but the thought of not being fully in control of my own actions scares me even more. Whether it is a ten minute trip or a 14 odd hour flight, I can easily live without a drink.

i used to hate flying but it's only ever take off that scares the shit out of me now, i always liek a few to calm me down if im with my mates but if im with my mrs i tend not to touch it