The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

This almost qualifies for the Terrible Journalism thread but if you’re in Sydney head along to the Scots Club in Arncliffe although guessing it will be bottles or larger cans of 1885 Lager. Should point out that fans of beer would not/should not drink Bud.

If you’re a fan of beer and looking for a great deal, you won’t want to miss the Beer of the Month promotion at Scots Club. This promotion runs Monday through Friday until 5pm and features discounted prices on select beers.

One of the beers on offer is Budweiser, which is available for just $5. This is a great opportunity to enjoy a refreshing beer at a fantastic price. If you’re looking for something a little bit more premium, you can also enjoy Tenent’s Larger for just $7. This beer is well-known for its smooth taste and quality ingredients, making it a popular choice among beer lovers.

The Beer of the Month promotion at Scots Club is a great way to try out new beers and save money at the same time. Whether you’re a fan of Budweiser or Tenent’s Larger, there’s sure to be a beer that you’ll love at a discounted price. And with the promotion running until 5pm on weekdays, it’s a perfect opportunity to catch up with friends or unwind after a long day at work.

But the promotion doesn’t stop there. Scots Club also offers a range of delicious snacks and meals to pair with your beer. From classic pub fare like fish and chips to more exotic dishes like chicken satay, there’s something for everyone on the menu.

So why not head down to Scots Club today and take advantage of the Beer of the Month promotion? With great beer, tasty food, and a friendly atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day. Cheers!

banner-top-beer-of-the-month-4.jpg

On 17/08/2023 at 14:16, Doctor Manhattan said:

Late to this T party, sorry, so don't know if it's been mentioned before, but when I lived in London in the mid '80s a number of "Carling" pubs also sold draught 5% Tennent's Extra from a sexy black tap, which remains to this day one of the very best lagers I've ever tasted.

Wonder if that's the recipe for the stuff that gets exported to Canada and bits of the US? I was gonna say it's packaged in the same cans as the Scottish one, although that seems to have recently changed - new one below - but it's always been 5% - or certainly for the last 10 years it has anyway. 

TENNENTS EXPORT LAGER

ETA - they seem to have a whole portfolio of export stuff now, although the only I've ever come across was the whisky oak one in an offie in Fort Lauderdale, maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Wondered if it was to with Innis & Gunn having taken up contract brewing at Tennents right around that time, although it seems to still be a thing - https://tennents.com/us/our-beers/

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Pray for me brothers for I find myself at a wedding in an unholy land. 

Not a sniff of the good stuff instead I'm presented with coors or carling. scared homer simpson GIF 

I’ve been to many hitchings where T couldn’t be available, but Coors and Carling sounds like a call for vengeance rather than prayer 

15 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Wonder if that's the recipe for the stuff that gets exported to Canada and bits of the US?

Don’t think so. Tennent’s was part of the Bass Charrington group at that point and it MAY have been brewed there under licence. It only seemed to be available in and around London. 

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

Day off. Couple of pinTs in The Rock. Still only £3.95 which seems okay for Glasgow's leafy west-end?

20230907_135244.thumb.jpg.365680885cb5443d78dddc1dda70a40b.jpg20230907_141745.thumb.jpg.dde3c19c9c7131b23987d08fbe901b67.jpg

What is the price at your local or go to pub(s)?

SlainTé gents ❤️💛👍

A day off and you can't keep up with the Fantasy NFL picks!

You're up again cunto!

Quiet one tonight as I'm off for what will be 2 T free weeks in Turkey on Monday. Asked the wife to pick up a case of beer when she was at Tesco. Never specified my preference as Tennents is my staple and she really should know after 25 fucking years but She's come back with Stella. 

Think there may still be time to do a name change on the booking, if anyone fancies a couple of weeks all inclusive in the sun in place of the silly mare.