The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

On 18/07/2020 at 21:47, MONKMAN said:

I’ve a confession to make. After spending the day down in Dumfries visiting family, myself and Monkwoman went a walk around Glasgow Green this fine evening. As we walked passed West, there was a few empty tables outside and my cravings got the better of me. I cheaTed on the fine nectar with a pint of St Mungos, swiftly followed by a couple more. After 4 months without a pint, I’ve absolutely no regrets. I can only imagine how good that first pint of T is going to be.

West is a glorious pint. All is forgiven.

16 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Screenshot_20200719-165533_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9dffa0192ad920d3a48ddb7db4696d83.jpg

BoT?

16 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12607929

83F26CB0-4121-4979-BFF3-55EAE6502F5F.jpeg

There was no need for a close-up whatsoever.

18 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Screenshot_20200719-165533_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9dffa0192ad920d3a48ddb7db4696d83.jpg

"Please, have a word with the builder because the other day his jeans were so far off his backside you could more or less see his anus."

4 hours ago, St. Jude said:

It was on the opposite side of the Forth. Wee pub in Kinghorn, cracking views.

FFS, excuse my poor geography 🙈. I should have noticed the position of the island in the middle... 

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Has anyone used different email addresses to get a free pint at different locations?? I'd never even consider it, shocking behaviour..., 👀👀

Let me get this straight. Tennent's, your favourite lager, gives you a free pint. And you intend to stiff these people?

hqdefault.jpg

I'd thought about it, someone I know has done it,  but if they try it twice in the same place they'd probably get chased. I'm pretty sure it's one per person only anyway. Let other people get their chance for a pint. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Shitehouse behaviour. 

@Twinkle was going on about doing it. 

To be fair, it is shitehouse behaviour. There's old guys that could be getting to the pub for the first time in ages that could be missing the chance to get a free pint. One pint is plenty for everyone. 

Guest bernardblack

I didn’t take my free pint out of sheer respect for the Top boys. I’d rather pay more for the best drink around

I had that first pint lads. It didnt feel like a get the phone out and take a photo moment though. Apologies.

It felt like..... It felt like the song "Caledonia" was written just for me and that pint. It felt like a strong embrace from your oldest friend. It felt like adversity had been overcome and we were on the home stretch together. Running towards a rainbow.

It was fucking glorious. With tears in my eyes I am telling you. FUCKING. GLORIOUS.

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I had that first pint lads. It didnt feel like a get the phone out and take a photo moment though. Apologies.

It felt like..... It felt like the song "Caledonia" was written just for me and that pint. It felt like a strong embrace from your oldest friend. It felt like adversity had been overcome and we were on the home stretch together. Running towards a rainbow.

It was fucking glorious. With tears in my eyes I am telling you. FUCKING. GLORIOUS.

Very jealous. I was genuinely seething when I went into my local and asked for a pint of Tennents and the reply was "Will Carling do" Need to find a new local with the finest nectar in tap

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Very jealous. I was genuinely seething when I went into my local and asked for a pint of Tennents and the reply was "Will Carling do" Need to find a new local with the finest nectar in tap

I am truly sorry for your loss

44 minutes ago, 101 said:

I hope you slapped them across the face with a glove and challenged the infidel to a dual at dawn.