The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

11 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Out for a family meal today, thankfully there was T on tap. On a sadder note one son decided on the Carling, so the will is getting changed. I was blackafronted and felt the need to apologise to the bar staff 

Hopefully when he leaves the primary school he'll see the light. :P

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:02, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was forced to change from lager after being ill. I just couldn't face it. I took advice in a microbrewery and got started on beer from there. I like American style IPA now, but will try virtually anything. Once you actually get your taste buds back, bog standard lager is very bland. Since then Hop House, Heverlee, Schiehalion have come out and are actually nice to drink.

Standard pub ones aren't much cop.

Couldn't agree more, Weatherspoons have at least 10 guest ales on at any one time, including Devil's Backbone, love that stuff.

Enjoying a fine pint of the gold stuff in the bridge bar (highly recommended) for those of us in Aberdeen that enjoy the traditional things. Gid pints, bar man in ties, polished glasses, no woman’s toilets, the past.

I think there's at least one in there.
Its usually the one drinking a Tennents.

Leave this thread please, green jeans.
There’s at least 5 people drinking tennents. One in five chance in the jakey. I’ll take those odds.

I’m not sure which thread the following is best placed, but I’ve moved down to the station and entered the station, as is customary before getting a train, only to be sorely disappointed.

Nae tennents.

Im now sat with easily the worst pint of Stella I’ve ever had the misfortune of clapping eyes on. The f**k is this;3216f9bf9333159c11d42e9db0eb8019.jpg

Edit; it’s four fucking eighty five as well!

I resorted to asking the barman to stick a dash of lemonade in it to liven it up, fresh pint was produced and it’s better. Before anyone starts on Stella. It was this, fosters or Heineken.

They ran out of tennents yesterday. I actually had the second last pint of it and they said they were awaiting delivery. Arseholes.

Could have forewarned me! Would have rushed a tennents elsewhere

That looks like the worst pint ever.  Barman must have been on his first day.  Some alternatives though, Fosters or Heineken, boak.

It was a young looking lass that served it. Was more pissed off with the lack of T and the price then sat down and thought about just leaving it. She left the bar so I went up and spoke to the guy who served a fresh, acceptable pint.
The alternatives were the sole reason I went for Stella. Best of a bad, bad bunch.