The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd like to congratulate the OP.  Thanks to him there's no more need for "Biggest Arseholes on P&B" threads.  Just take all the people who have green dotted him and there's your list.

Bravo.

I'm gonna guess this refers to NorthernJambo because my green dotters are a veritable who's who of P&B. Particularly my dotting accounts.

Said in another thread that a cold pint of Tennents in a pub is ok.  Definitely not a first choice by any means. Definitely not the pishwater that it's made out to be.
Too many folk think that being a beer 'connoisseur' makes you look cool IMO.

Exactly. One of my mates who I’ve known for about 20 years who’s always been a bit fat, nothing obese or that just a bit on the large side, has now lost a shit load of weight.

Went from about 17stone down to about 13, just got a new bird, has since stopped drinking tennents and started drinking morreti in front of her because he thinks it makes him look more sophisticated to her. That sums up morreti drinkers for me.

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Don't you live in France?
Do you know any Germans who have came to Scotland?
Are you talking shite?

Two of these answers will be answered yes.

On the brewery tour at the old Templeton's factory they explain why a German family set up the business. Basically they recognised the lack of quality and choice available in Glasgow.

1 minute ago, ka202 said:

Exactly. One of my mates who I’ve known for about 20 years who’s always been a bit fat, nothing obese or that just a bit on the large side, has now lost a shit load of weight.

Went from about 17stone down to about 13, just got a new bird, has since stopped drinking tennents and started drinking morreti in front of her because he thinks it makes him look more sophisticated to her. That sums up morreti drinkers for me.

No-one disputes people who substitute one bland glass of lager for another in a fancier glass is a balloon. If there was only lager available, there are a few better than Tennents, but there's more than a few over hyped pish waters that are worse. That's before we move on to Sol, Bud, etc etc.

Nope, thinking you look more sophisticated because he’s drinking a different kind of lager to everyone else.

This is a boy who used to drink tennents constantly and still does when his bird isn’t there. In my local a pint of tennents is 3:30, pint of morreti 5:20.

25 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Don't you live in France?
Do you know any Germans who have came to Scotland?
Are you talking shite?

Two of these answers will be answered yes.

1. Yes

2. Yes. Our exchange student, Berndt. He fucking hated Tennents.

3. No

Anyway, I digress...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqkGYHWe1kuDMWfi7eEo0

>>>

article-0-0D13AEF4000005DC-480_468x286.j

Edited by Duszek

I'd like to congratulate the OP.  Thanks to him there's no more need for "Biggest Arseholes on P&B" threads.  Just take all the people who have green dotted him and there's your list.
Bravo.

^^^ Self awareness in action right there folks. [emoji23]

Guest bernardblack

Huge tennents guy right here. Love some craft and IPA's etc.....but there's just something about a pint of T.

Cans are also very acceptable, however bottles are somehow rank.

The tennents curry night at the brewery is also highly recommended. It's pretty much unlimited beer

Krombacher is the only German lager I have thought was particularly good. The usual suspects you get in Munich or the Bavaria Brauhaus like Lowenbrau don't seem to surpass the "that's alright" verdict most lagers get.

I remember really enjoying Krusovice in Prague but most pubs in this country charge way out of proportion to its quality. 

1 hour ago, Duszek said:

You know how Germans, when they're in Scotland, like sampling our fine lager?

No, neither do I.

3.1.4.1_StammtischHeader.jpg

I was at a party in Sweden with a bunch of Germans a couple of weeks ago. I got some of them to try Tennants and they loved it.

I will admit that Bitburger is a lovely beer though, had a good few of those in Dusseldorf not long ago.