The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

Went to Morrison’s tonight for some vitamin T, shelf had none, only Carling left. Seen some pallets waiting to be unpacked with T on the bottom, so made the lad unpack all the shite to get to it, definitely worth the wait 

5 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Went to Morrison’s tonight for some vitamin T, shelf had none, only Carling left. Seen some pallets waiting to be unpacked with T on the bottom, so made the lad unpack all the shite to get to it, definitely worth the wait 

Probably DAFC trying to punt Carling ahead of Tennents.

5 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Ten spot for 20. Pretty sure it was the same price for 15 Carling.

6 minutes ago, supermik said:

Carling was £12, tennents was £14, I’d already been for a couple of pints of Carling this afternoon, no way was I continuing with it tonight 

8 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Out for dinner with family tomorrow.  Can't wait for T time.

Seems as though the people that dislike T are 'student types' douchebags that think anything sounding foreign is cool/better.

Also fannys that think because they visited central Europe are aficionados.

Get a pint of T anytime.

Edited by Slenderman

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Even I'd rather have Tennents than Carling. 

After yesterday, if in a pub with only the absolute bog standard lagers (Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg, Stella, Budweiser, Miller) then Tennent’s is now the obvious choice.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

After yesterday, if in a pub with only the absolute bog standard lagers (Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg, Stella, Budweiser, Miller) then Tennent’s is now the obvious choice.

My order of preference in such a bar would be Stella, Tennents, water, my own pish. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

My order of preference in such a bar would be Stella, Tennents, water, my own pish. 

In all honesty I’d just leave and go to a decent pub, but was accepting that Tennent’s is at least drinkable which previously I’d said wasn’t the case.

This is how my love affair with Tennents started. I was sick of chopping and changing between all that generic pishwater depending on what the pub, so i resolved to stick with the almost always available Tennents. Then we got to know eachother a little better. We had some good times (and some bad) and we feel in love.

It was fucking beatiful. I love it more each day.

11 hours ago, supermik said:

I would advise you to stock up. As of 1st May, the cheapest you'll get 20 tins of T for will be £17.60. 

In related news, anyone who fancies their booze as cheap as possible will be in for a shock. 3 litres of Frosty Jacks (currently around £4) will cost a eye-watering £11.25 next month. Surely white cider will cease to exist as a thing - who's going to buy it when you can get much nicer booze for the same price?

Guest bernardblack

What's the usual price of a lovely pint of T in your area?

From my experience, it ranges in Dundee from £2.60 to the £3.40 mark in places.

The £2.60 one tastes the best too

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I would advise you to stock up. As of 1st May, the cheapest you'll get 20 tins of T for will be £17.60. 

In related news, anyone who fancies their booze as cheap as possible will be in for a shock. 3 litres of Frosty Jacks (currently around £4) will cost a eye-watering £11.25 next month. Surely white cider will cease to exist as a thing - who's going to buy it when you can get much nicer booze for the same price?

Winos will go back to being proper winos again.

What's the usual price of a lovely pint of T in your area?

From my experience, it ranges in Dundee from £2.60 to the £3.40 mark in places.

The £2.60 one tastes the best too

£2.95 a pint or T is up to now in my preferred ale house. Three times in a year it’s gone up in the space of a year I think. It’s a good pub with good pints though. Can get an okay pint for £2.89 at place closer, not as decent a pub though. Venturing in to the city centre you’re looking at £3.50 minimum if you’re not drinking in a Wetherspoons.