Falkirk v St Mirren

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You may have been told that but it's not true.

Were you one of the two St Mirren fans sitting at the top end of the room?

No we were at the other end ,a pleasant day in good company

After a warning I got on here,I sat facing the door so I could see Senor Bairn coming at me :lol:

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game improved immeasurably when Dunne came on. Gave movement, anticipation, tackled well, passed well. Can see him starting next week.
That Hartley has watched for two weeks & been confident enough to put this lad on bodes well for those playing for the Development side.
Decent performance from the rest, but still much to improve on. Two top drawer saves by Robbbie kept us in it.
A slow improvement, but in the right direction.

53 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Scotland u21 cap(s) are usually bragging pub conversation once you are out the game and you will be known as that guy who played for St Mirren and played for Scotland u21 or lesser and ended up at Clyde.

It might get him his hole or a pint tho !!

Yeah the likes of tam scobbie, Chris Mitchell and Forbes Johnston all played fullback for the u21s. The boy smith is far too slow to play fullback at a decent level.

33 minutes ago, Young gun said:

In hospitality today I was told Houston had £X to spend on 2 forwards  and used it up on Rory ,

Seems the rest of the players were unhappy, Hartley got rid of him before ,I can see it happening again to get him off the wage bill.

That's quite clearly shite as Loys wages are being subsidised by the business club and not the clubs budget.

1 hour ago, Young gun said:

Reilly using the elbow and backing in?

when Miller came on he was at it every time.,he gives me the fear, he is masterly at cheating 

At least that wee shite Baird wasn’t there 

Yes, every time he challenged his marker for the ball. He simply watched the defender and not the ball and jumped in every time. That's not something that I remember him doing previously so it's presumably being coached into him. Is Stephen Thompson coaching  at Saints per chance?

1 hour ago, PG.Colossus said:

Anyone actually know what’s up with Sibbs and Loy and when we can expect them back in the squad?

Loy back in training Monday thank god.  Sibbs still some way off. Thank you Falkirk tv for finally asking the question:thumsup2

Yes, every time he challenged his marker for the ball. He simply watched the defender and not the ball and jumped in every time. That's not something that I remember him doing previously so it's presumably being coached into him. Is Stephen Thompson coaching  at Saints per chance?

Maybe he got from lee miller and kris Boyd only difference he doesn’t through himself to the ground looking for free kicks all the time

48 minutes ago, Young gun said:

In hospitality today I was told Houston had £X to spend on 2 forwards  and used it up on Rory ,

Seems the rest of the players were unhappy, Hartley got rid of him before ,I can see it happening again to get him off the wage bill.

I heard that one a couple of weeks ago.

Total shite.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

So that was St Mirren then? Pffft.

Yip, St Mirren are far from the finished article but believe me in the last 8-9 months Jack Ross has performed a resurrection that Lazarus would envy.

Compared to Falkirk's collapse over the same period we are +14 points and have16 goals in reserve as of tonight. I will take that, thanks.

If Falkirk can make up that leeway, even with 26 games yet to play, they will truly deserve to be fighting it out amongst the promotion contenders.

Let's wait and see !!

Personally, I think there is more chance that the despicable wee p***k Hartley will have his P45 in his hip pocket before the season reaches its climax.

I think Falkirk have a good chance of avoiding automatic relegation this season.

I don’t think We will catch St Mirren but we won’t be any further points behind than we currently are.

Such a shame to see such a poor team at the top of the table this season.

Really we have wasted our best opportunity for automatic promotion this season.

Yip, St Mirren are far from the finished article but believe me in the last 8-9 months Jack Ross has performed a resurrection that Lazarus would envy.
Compared to Falkirk's collapse over the same period we are +14 points and have16 goals in reserve as of tonight. I will take that, thanks.
If Falkirk can make up that leeway, even with 26 games yet to play, they will truly deserve to be fighting it out amongst the promotion contenders.
Let's wait and see !!
Personally, I think there is more chance that the despicable wee p***k Hartley will have his P45 in his hip pocket before the season reaches its climax.

:lol:

Poor performance and a poor game to watch.

Just wish cammy Smith had took that chance at the end 1st time rather than take a touch allowing the gk to close him down.

Draw was fair result no real quality in the game from either side

I don’t think We will catch St Mirren but we won’t be any further points behind than we currently are.

Such a shame to see such a poor team at the top of the table this season.

Really we have wasted our best opportunity for automatic promotion this season.

[emoji23]

55 minutes ago, Young gun said:

No we were at the other end ,a pleasant day in good company

After a warning I got on here,I sat facing the door so I could see Senor Bairn coming at me :lol:

Didn’t know you were going to hospitality today, you never mentioned that. 

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Let's wait and see !!

Was it 3 or 4 month till Ross got his first league win ?

Turning up for 2 months of the 7 month doesn't and never will say miracle worker to me.

I'm pretty sure we won't wait 3-4 month under Hartley to win a league game 

No he’s not shite but he’s not the world beater the Falkirk fans would have everyone believe. It’s amazing - every week he spends in the stands seems to make him better and better.....

He scored about a goal every other game for us last year. He'll make a big difference to a pretty toothless Falkirk side.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres various skills and traits lacking from our frontline which he possesses. We want him back. Not sure that means we think hes a world beater tbh

No world beater but one of the top strikers in this league when fit .

Are you for real? ?  Big teams looked happy with a point and Jack Baird and Buchanan dealt with everything Falkirk had to offer we had the best chance to win game at the end through smith and should have won as Falkirk were there for the taking.

Your two CH’s were horrific. Austin ran the legs off them all day.

I assume that is not your 1st choice? If it is you won’t win the league.

I saw McGhee our side the ground. Struggling he was, to get Morgan out of his back hipper.

St.Mirren are decent going forward TBF.

Best we have played all season 2nd half. Where did Dunne come from?

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The biggest difference this season to last is that whilst Hibs set a pace and were up there from the start like St Mirren just now, Hibs never truly looked like they had a collapse or prolonged bad run in them, Every team in this league has that in them this season. St Mirren can't and won't keep this up. That's no slight on their team or manager, they just won't. We need to do everything in our power between now and into the new year to make sure that if bad runs start to happen we can be one of the teams that can potentially take advantage. We are too far behind now, but we have changed the manager, shored up the defence, we are doing the right things. Time will tell if it's too big a job, but if we have already had our bad patch and can get some momentum going, we won't be as far away as people seem to think. IMO obviously.

I don't really know what that is based on tho. i assume pretty much just cause it is St Mirren and you would imagine we would not be able to keep up this kind of run, but we have over the peace so far been pretty consistent,  yes we weren't  up to our best today by any means, but that doesn't reflect all our games as a whole up till now. At this point in the season last year hibs had less points, less victories and less goals than we have right now.

Archived