Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

IMO ST Mirren are the best team we've played so far, yet we more than held our own. I expected more from your forwards but I thought that our defenders coped well with them throughout. Hopefully that's because our defence played well and not because your forwards were poor.

I thought all of your wee, nippy, young guys all look the part and they may just be the difference for you this season.

Thought going forward today honestly we didn't really offer much, other than Cammy Smiths chance right at the end i dont thing we really created anything clear cut. On his day Morgan really is unplayable, however today i though he was just off the pace, compared to how he has played so far that was one of  his poorer performances of the season. Once McGennis is back to full fitness he will be an incredibly important player for us this season, it was good to see him start his first game this season and get about 50 mins under his belt,  however i wouldnt have disagreed with jack  if he had waited another week till he was definetly back to full fitness to start him, he looked absolutley shattered when he was subbed off. Mcginn aswell has been nursing an injury was unable to train at all this week and it was only decided this morning that he was going to be playing, a risky move from jack to actually play him today. 

12 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

In the entire second half I don’t think I saw Buchanan win more than 2 headers against Austin. The two he did win he was about piggybacking Fash.

Don’t really see that as dealing with everything we threw at you.

If that’s the quality that it takes to sit at the top of the league then it goes to show the lack of quality in the league this term.

You had no shots at goal in the second half. None. 

We struggled badly  for the last 20 minutes of the first half where Falkirk should have scored twice but at no point did we look like conceding or even as if we were under any sustained pressure in the second half. 

I appreciate Falkirk have been fucking shite this season and there is shoots of recovery for Falkirk but the reality was that we were very marginally out performed. 

In the entire second half I don’t think I saw Buchanan win more than 2 headers against Austin. The two he did win he was about piggybacking Fash.
Don’t really see that as dealing with everything we threw at you.

If that’s the quality that it takes to sit at the top of the league then it goes to show the lack of quality in the league this term.

Buchanan is our 4th choice centre back.

We done extremely well the first quarter of the season without 2 key central defenders and Magennis who has the potential to be better than Mallan.

Whilst ICT, United, Falkirk all might improve, we've still got a couple of gears to go up too.

This quarter will mould the league into shape a bit more, will have a better idea after 18 games.

The signs are improving for Falkirk but you's still haven't won yet. The playoffs maybe even title isn't out of reach yet but you's will need to start a decent winning run soon.

Will Falkirk be able to sign a few players in January? Going by Houstons interviews the budget is pretty much spent.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think We will catch St Mirren but we won’t be any further points behind than we currently are.

Such a shame to see such a poor team at the top of the table this season.

Really we have wasted our best opportunity for automatic promotion this season.

Exactly what I thought last season when we humped Hibs  courtesy of the Stelios show.

Since Houston left we're unbeaten, 2 wins and 2 draws without conceding a goal. 1 defeat in our last 8 in all competitions. We have improved massively with getting Watson and Gasparotto out of the side, McGhee is strolling it at this level and Balatoni is capable enough. Peter Grant looked more like his old self today as well. I thought the formation was more interesting today and, in theory, it should get more out of Hippolyte and allow Craigen or Sibbald to sit in the hole which is where they are most effective. Hopefully Dunne can get a run in the team, anyone but Harris really. The signs are far more encouraging than they were in August when we were horrendous. I don't think we're a million miles off where we need to be now.

I quite enjoyed that - a good competitive game.

Would have been happy with a point beforehand, and it's clear to see Smurn are pretty dangerous in the front positions, but ropey as hell at the back, especially in the air. Austin and Miller between them must have won about 80% of aerial challenges.

Still, if they're going to win it, I'd rather see a cavalier team win the league than a bunch of 1-0 merchants.

47 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Miles off the standard? but still the better team today!

How many times did u seriously have a single shot that tested Samson ?? Unlike  Thomson in goals for Falkirk who saved the day at the end when cammy was clean through and certain to score.  I admit we were not at our best however Falkirk were absolutely there for the taking today and i am pissed we have dropped 2 points today and Dunfermline gained 2 on us.  Falkirk could have played all night and still not scored as in final third they are woefully inadequate.

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You had no shots at goal in the second half. None. 

We struggled badly  for the last 20 minutes of the first half where Falkirk should have scored twice but at no point did we look like conceding or even as if we were under any sustained pressure in the second half. 

I appreciate Falkirk have been fucking shite this season and there is shoots of recovery for Falkirk but the reality was that we were very marginally out performed. 

Well, that's not true is it? Craigen, Dunne, Hippo (2) and O'Hara off the top of my head. Maybe more?

How many times did u seriously have a single shot that tested Samson ?? Unlike  Thomson in goals for Falkirk who saved the day at the end when cammy was clean through and certain to score.  I admit we were not at our best however Falkirk were absolutely there for the taking today and i am pissed we have dropped 2 points today and Dunfermline gained 2 on us.  Falkirk could have played all night and still not scored as in final third they are woefully inadequate.

Thing is, despite how awful we have been this season (and we have been truly awful), we have still only lost two games more than you lot and you’re leading the table for some reason.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Based on their last two performances, ICT look like they are on the up.

I would not be surprised if both ICT and Falkirk made the playoffs this season which could make it all the more uncomfortable for the poorer teams at the top end of the table.

It’s also only a matter of time before Dundee United shift their awful manager so I would expect them to make a push depending on who they bring in.

A lot can still happen between now and the end of the season.

I think Falkirk will definitely make the playoff. Poor Brechin look doomed. I think you'll have a good chance of winning it as well, though I thought that about Raith last year and look how that turned out!

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Thing is, despite how awful we have been this season (and we have been truly awful), we have still only lost two games more than you lot and you’re leading the table for some reason.

I think the difference is probably the 6 extra games we have won compared with your lot, however i may be wrong...

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Are you incapable of posting anything other than shite!

Having been to every game this season and saw every team that is the analysis I have.  I went to Falkirk stadium today expecting the Bairns to throw the kitchen sink at us and fearing defeat and it never came close to materialising and instead I left slightly appeased at our inability to gain the 3 points despite keeping only or 2nd league clean sheet of the season and 1st draw of the season,  we have a terrific manager and squad and are are in a  rightfully  merited league position and long may it continue.

Archived