Partick Thistle v Dundee

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

So before any Dundee fans that weren’t there think we are suddenly heading for the drop, the first 75 mins were for me by the far the best we have played this season. There is more than enough quality in the team to keep us up and more.

Not entirely certain how we weren’t 5-0 up by the time Thistle equalised but from then on it was an even game and Thistle made the most of their chance.

Could quite easily see us beating Motherwell and Hamilton but do worry the confident football will disappear if we lose on Wednesday.

Congrats anyway Thistle fans, glad we can help as always. Just happy we scored this time.

How many times have you heard of teams playing well but not taking their chances and struggling for goals that end up going down?

How many times have you heard of teams playing well but not taking their chances and struggling for goals that end up going down?

Plenty unfortunately, I’m still confident though that the players we have can pick up enough points. There is no way we can do anything other than scrape survival without another striker though.

12 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

So before any Dundee fans that weren’t there think we are suddenly heading for the drop, the first 75 mins were for me by the far the best we have played this season. There is more than enough quality in the team to keep us up and more.

Not entirely certain how we weren’t 5-0 up by the time Thistle equalised but from then on it was an even game and Thistle made the most of their chance.

Could quite easily see us beating Motherwell and Hamilton but do worry the confident football will disappear if we lose on Wednesday.

Congrats anyway Thistle fans, glad we can help as always. Just happy we scored this time.

...because we have Moussa  up front who has only scored one league goal so far this season and midfielders who don’t chip in with goals either.  

As good as our midfield are doing in other areas of their game not one of them has scored in the 10 league games to date.

38 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

You can take money from bookies without wishing ill on your own team.

I know a few that do it but they’re mostly armchair OF fans.

I can honestly say I’ve never bet a penny against Thistle or Scotland in my puff.

On the odd occasion I do a correct score on us I only do us to win to nil. Had a winning 3-1 score at home to Hearts years ago. That was the score with about 20 mins ago and I found myself actually hoping we wouldn’t score again.

That was good enough for me to cleanse my soul! emoji38.png

Think it's stupid not to bet on or against your team.     Who knows their form better than we do?

...because we have Moussa  up front who has only scored one league goal so far this season and midfielders who don’t chip in with goals either.  
As good as our midfield are doing in other areas of their game not one of them has scored in the 10 league games to date.

True, but a couple of his misses were bad even for him.

What’s Hemmings up to....

Think it's stupid not to bet on or against your team.     Who knows their form better than we do?

I suppose it depends on what you’re betting for.

If I was a professional gambler I’d probably consider it at times although I’d have probably lost today as I thought we would lose today, especially in-play.

Seeing as I’m betting to win a few pints worth then I punt on other teams.

1 minute ago, stu2910 said:

True, but a couple of his misses were bad even for him.

What’s Hemmings up to....

Hemmings is the answer for us. Hopefully the next time we have a good goalscorer he doesn't have a low as f**k buy out clause. 

Losing against bottom of the league and being the better team is a joke. Mccann made a c**t of it today.
If you are going to keep playing Moussa then we won't go anywhere far.
Clean sheet will happen this season, I think

We were the better team in the second half.
Thank you.

The good news is I avoided seeing the results so I could watch the game on Alba. Saved myself from a couple extra hours of misery.

Winning...

Moussa is the missing link, but not in a finding a good striking option way...

I actually thought we looked markedly worse than last week until late in the game, but that might just be because we were against a better team. The glaring issues in our midfield and full back positions are still hurting us,  but Cerny helped us ride it out until our subs (all three) gave us a shot in the arm. 

Turnbull at LB is clearly a short term solution (as is anyone we play there for the next couple of months at least) and McCarthy looked out of his depth today, but I think that's as balanced a team as we can put out just now and apart from bringing in Spittal and Doolan I'd keep it the same for next week.

I also hear John Hughes was taking a particular interest in this game on Sportsound. That last minute goal was glorious, but kicking into touch any hopes that thick c**t has of leeching Archibald's job puts it on another level.

Archived