Partick Thistle v Dundee

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The feeling when that winner went in was unreal, especially after the ninety or so minutes before it.

We were abysmal first half (yet still better than last week). Not much better second half, but the substitutions, and moving Turnbull to CB changed it. I was confused at why Archie took McCarthy off, who I thought looked pretty decent, but fair play.

If Dundee score the penalty, it’s game over and Cerny makes what looks like one of the best saves I’ve seen him make (and he’s made a fair few crackers) from Moussa. Deserved MOTM as he has pretty much won us this game. Lawless at LWB isn’t the answer, but was far better than Turnbull out there who kept on coming inside and giving them the freedom of that side. Bizarre tactics from Dundee second half, although due to the fact that our defending was abysmal, I’m surprised they didn’t nick it. Thought Jack Hendry looked very good, particularly first half (hilarious throw-in aside).

No idea how we managed to take three points from that, but I’m fucking delighted that we did.

Supporting Dundee for so long you get used to watching shite teams and shite results but we never learn no matter how often your enthusiasm and hopes increase, still.....gonna hit every bar in Dumbarton Road on the way home and by midnight today will never have happened :thumsup2

He's probably the coolest person that's ever lived. IMO.
Away to watch the pantomime on ALBA. Thank you.

Got it on it the pub. That opening goal [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Early panto stuff from Thistle.
'He's behind you'

Imagine putting bets on correct scores against your own team or against your own team conceding next goal in a match.

No doubt any replies will be along the lines of “did you not see how pish we are,” “it’s the Dundee way” etc etc.

Regardless, an absolute minter. [emoji1]

Imagine putting bets on correct scores against your own team or against your own team conceding next goal in a match.

No doubt any replies will be along the lines of “did you not see how pish we are,” “it’s the Dundee way” etc etc.

Regardless, an absolute minter. [emoji1]

This. Would never bet against my own team

Haven't felt that good since James Craigen scored against Morton in our promotion season! Feel a bit for Dundee fans because that penalty would have killed the game, but its some feeling to finally grab a league win. Very happy for Archibald and the players - the full time reaction from some of the players showed how much grabbing that win and getting the monkey off their back means to them.

The bench was some sight when Storey scored. Beautiful.

We're still in the shite but my takes from that would be:

i) Sammon's role should be limited to games against the leagues big boys, as a sub in games where we're holding a lead, or games where we urgently need more height defending set pieces. Doolan or Storey (or both at once, balls to tha wall) are better options

ii) we have a gaping Abdul Osman shaped hole in midfield, and its really glaring at this point. Way too easy at times for dundee to stroll forward and pick out a pass/shot/cross in our defensive third

iii) Erskine hasn't looked right since his red card (where he was clearly distraught), and at times is looking like the junior level player he used to be.  Not sure how we get him back to his best or if its just one of those things that will take him time to work through, but seeing as he's also played as well as he has poorly at times this season i've got faith in him getting back to his best

iv) Lawless got destroyed by Curran and couldn't match him. Don't want to see him so isolated defensively again (similar thing happened to an extent with Tavernier against Rangers*)

v) St. Tomas might just have saved not only that pen, not only that match but our whole fucking season, and I want the W£ir$ to fund a solid gold statue of him on the bing

53 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It's McCann's fault that we've absolutely battered a team away from home who finished in the top 6 last season and got robbed with a last minute goal? Give me a break. We've got a penalty to got 2-0 up and kill the game. AJLS has hit the target and the keeper has made a remarkable save. It happens sometimes.

On to Wednesday night now.

Sorry,  RossDee but just seen it on Alba.  That’s about the best thing you can say for AJLS’s penalty  - he hit the target.  Straight down the middle, barely off the ground and hit like a pass back.  Even Bain with his record at penalties could have saved that - OK, I’m exaggerating the last bit about Bain but you get my point.

Haven't felt that good since James Craigen scored against Morton in our promotion season! Feel a bit for Dundee fans because that penalty would have killed the game, but its some feeling to finally grab a league win. Very happy for Archibald and the players - the full time reaction from some of the players showed how much grabbing that win and getting the monkey off their back means to them.
The bench was some sight when Storey scored. Beautiful.
We're still in the shite but my takes from that would be:
i) Sammon's role should be limited to games against the leagues big boys, as a sub in games where we're holding a lead, or games where we urgently need more height defending set pieces. Doolan or Storey (or both at once, balls to tha wall) are better options
ii) we have a gaping Abdul Osman shaped hole in midfield, and its really glaring at this point. Way too easy at times for dundee to stroll forward and pick out a pass/shot/cross in our defensive third at times
iii) Erskine hasn't looked right since his red card (where he was clearly distraught), and at times is looking like the junior level player he used to be.  Not sure how we get him back to his best or if its just one of those things that will take him time to work through, but seeing as he's played well at times this season i've got faith in him getting back to his best
iv) Lawless got destroyed by Curran and couldn't match him. Don't want to see him so isolated defensively again (similar thing happened with Tavernier against Rangers*)
v) St. Tomas might just have saved not only that pen, not only that match but our whole fucking season, and I want the W£ir$ to fund a solid gold statue of him on the bing

Pretty much bang on there.

With the Sammon point, if we’re going to persist on starting him, he needs to have Doolan or Storey off him since he was isolated with no one there to pick up any of the headers he won.

Erskine’s reaction when he sat down on the bench made it abundantly obvious how aware he was of the standard of his performance today. I’m confident he’ll be back to his best soon, but hopefully his head hasn’t dropped or else it’ll take a lot longer to do so.

Can answer this. Never use to. However this season we have conceded in every game in the league. Quite impressive .
When I was watching this you could see the goal coming.

So taking money from a bookie because my team can't defend for shit is a bad thing?
Today I beat the bookie. Sadly my teams finishing was brutal.

You can take money from bookies without wishing ill on your own team.

I know a few that do it but they’re mostly armchair OF fans.

I can honestly say I’ve never bet a penny against Thistle or Scotland in my puff.

On the odd occasion I do a correct score on us I only do us to win to nil. Had a winning 3-1 score at home to Hearts years ago. That was the score with about 20 mins ago and I found myself actually hoping we wouldn’t score again.

That was good enough for me to cleanse my soul! [emoji38]

26 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Can answer this. Never use to. However this season we have conceded in every game in the league. Quite impressive .
When I was watching this you could see the goal coming.

So taking money from a bookie because my team can't defend for shit is a bad thing?
Today I beat the bookie. Sadly my teams finishing was brutal.

FFS man have some self respect. 12.50 isn't "beating the bookie" :lol:

Was a dull as dishwater game after the penalty miss and before Partick's first. Fair play to Thistle, I've no idea how they managed the three points today.

So before any Dundee fans that weren’t there think we are suddenly heading for the drop, the first 75 mins were for me by the far the best we have played this season. There is more than enough quality in the team to keep us up and more.

Not entirely certain how we weren’t 5-0 up by the time Thistle equalised but from then on it was an even game and Thistle made the most of their chance.

Could quite easily see us beating Motherwell and Hamilton but do worry the confident football will disappear if we lose on Wednesday.

Congrats anyway Thistle fans, glad we can help as always. Just happy we scored this time.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't know why you're being snide about it.

Do you think it was wise to not have Haber on the bench? Wise to start Moussa? And wise to have an untested penalty taker on a crucial penalty?

Not being snidey, just disagree with you. There was a lot good about that game today that you've failed to praise McCann for. 

I never had a problem with Moussa starting the game, had a horrendous Miss to win the game tho.

Is AJLS untried at penalties? I don't know, I'd never heard of the guy before he signed for us. Could quite possibly have been a penalty taker at other clubs. Might be banging them in on training for all we know. I'm quite happy if someone who wins the penalty yo take it if they're confident  

I think we are a centre forward away from being a pretty decent team and I don't think any of the 4 strikers at the club are the answer tbh  

55 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Regardless, an absolute minter. emoji1.png

I let my wife predict the score today, she was right and I am £40 quid up. 

Minter right enough.

Archived