Smacking Ban

Just now, ayrmad said:

I can assure you a wee bit of thievery is very tame when a teenager goes off the rails and the experts are not so expert when it happens.

I don't think I knew the half of what one of my step daughters got up to, and I hope I never find out, either.

Big difference in giving your kid a smack on the arse (or at the very least, the threat of one) and beating the shit out of them. The threat of a smacked arse when i got out of line was all my gran needed to keep me in check. So TBH all i see this ban doing is f**k all to the people who beat their kids.

They need to address the over the top spoiling of kids that happens these days. Lassie i used to work with would take pictures of all the Christmas Presents she would buy for her kid and we are talking 15-20 Medium or larger sized Christmas Presents for a single kid. My Cousin is just as bad, I love my Nephew hes a cool little dude but i know he is growing up into a spoiled little shit who is going to be an utter nightmare. His Bedroom is basically a bed, couple of cabinets for clothes and then the rest is just piles and piles of toys scattered everywhere, all over the floors, stacked up all over the place. Its fucking obscene. Nothing wrong with giving your kid toys ofc, but if you are basically just giving him toy after toy then he is gonna grow up to be an absolute brat and lets be honest, stuff like that is more and more common these days.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think I knew the half of what one of my step daughters got up to, and I hope I never find out, either.

I had plenty of sleepless nights as I had a fair idea what was happening.

10 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

I'll put you down as not being prepared to commit to where you think the law sits. That seems a bit odd as you we're very committed to me being one of the good guys when I was confused and you offered advice.  I really thought you had all the answers.

Now, seen as you've outed yourself as flapping your gums ( oh the irony) I'll let you be.

Are you looking for a definition of assault? The change in the law - and the subject matter of this thread - is that the statutory defence of reasonable punishment is being abolished. If what you're doing isn't assault in the first place then you've nothing to worry about.

Or are you asking if smacking is assault?  It is. 

I can't give you an answer as to whether your bizarre tapping thing (three fingers, no palm, propelled by gravity etc.) would be considered an assault. From your description I suspect not but then your description sounds like bollocks.

Does that answer your question?

Edited by Pull My Strings

Just now, ayrmad said:

I had plenty of sleepless nights as I had a fair idea what was happening.

I think my wife had the sleepless nights, I just had to do taxi man at all hours. But at least then we knew she was home. It was far worse when she got a car of her own.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Pull My Strings has a far more effective deterrent than smacking.  

He threatens to make his kids read his posts.

GD, every now and again you come out with a belter!

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Try reading his posts in the Dundee United threads.  Or, better still, don't.

I seldom venture there, unless you're playing us. Or either of "them". Or Dundee, so I'll forego that pleasure, but thanks for the heads up.

Turns my fucking stomach even seeing parents get physical with their kids short of smacking.

On the other hand, also turns my stomach to see the usual totalitarian nannies like the Commun... Greens imposing themselves on folks lives, especially on how they raise their kids. Creepy as f**k.

Educate people on smacking and its effects rather than dragging kids further into the arms of the mothering state.

Turns my fucking stomach even seeing parents get physical with their kids short of smacking.
On the other hand, also turns my stomach to see the usual totalitarian nannies like the Commun... Greens imposing themselves on folks lives, especially on how they raise their kids. Creepy as f**k.
Educate people on smacking and its effects rather than dragging kids further into the arms of the mothering state.

If there's one thing that's notoriously bad for children it's mothering.

48 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Some people a bit confused about where the line is and what they're still "allowed" to do, it's a little bit complicated but stick with me.

Here it is: Don't fucking hit your children.

^^

This

It doesn’t matter what you call it ( smack , tap, slap , etc) , or what your pathetic excuse is for justifying it .

If you do it you’re a total c**t